Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Movies] Starwars movies!

Hello! :P

I thought i might watch starwars now, for the first time... yes ive never seen a starwars film...

But im pretty sure the order of the films aint how ur "sopposed" to watch them, like movie 3 be4 movie 2 etc...

Anyone care to help me out :P?

Cheers!

It's basicly:
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack Of The Clones
    Revenge of the Sith
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi

Heres a tip that helped me alot , i had the same question as yours , someone recommended me to see the Actual First (Old) two movies , then go to the new movies then see the last movie, i must recommend that way because it was an awsome exprience to watch Star Wars Trilogy,have fun!

Watch Order:

A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack Of The Clones
    Revenge of the Sith
    Return Of The JEDI

Deleted
    Thanks alot

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    If you want to save yourself time, and pretty much your mind also, don't watch "episode 1-3"

New Hope, Empire, and Jedi are the movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Faeris View Post
    It's basicly:
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack Of The Clones
    Revenge of the Sith

A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi
    ^Save yourself some time and just watch them this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was wrong with RotS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post

Do you really have to ask?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeris View Post
    The Phantom Menace
    Attack Of The Clones
    Revenge of the Sith
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi
    Just watch them all in that order.Just because other people didn't enjoy them doesn't mean you wont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

Do you really have to ask?
    I understand not everybody will like the same movie, but there is just a lot of hate towards it from almost everybody, never got why.

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...e-of-the-sith/
    That is what's wrong with RotS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand not everybody will like the same movie, but there is just a lot of hate towards it from almost everybody, never got why.
    it is just an all around bad movie. And that is before it makes one of the most loved villain / anti-hero in sci-fi history into a slobbering wimp.

RotS is my favorite film, not only from SW saga. It is the most dramatic, most thrilling and breath-taking of all Star Wars films. I disregard people who like it only because of special effects. I also dislike when people keep saying that old films were better because they didn't have politics, romance or moral questions in them. Personally I love old episodes greatly, with A New Hope being my number two SW film, but 'space western' is not what makes SW. SW is all about hard moral decisions, choosing between good and evil, whose verges are always very subtle. In old films we had clear distinction between good and evil, with the Alliance to Restore the Republic representing good and the Galactic Empire representing evil. Prequels gave us an opportunity to see politics as it is: always playing for one man staying behind everything. I agree that some parts of RotS were just awful (especially romantic dialogues), but still for me it is the best film. I think people who only like cool stories with shootings and princess savings should not consider themselves SW fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star wars were Space Samurai, not space westerns.

My biggest beefs with the prequels were really only two things.
    1) Anakin. from the originals we were told that Anakin was the best of the Jedis and it was a major thing when he was turned by the Dark Side. Yet in the prequels he is pretty much a dick from the get go. We never see him being the noble, pinnacle of the Jedi order that he was said he be.
    2) The whole war was totally pointless. Robots Vs Clones. Who gives a rats fuck then? The entire armies on both sides were totally disposable. Not once did we see the war taking any kind of tole on the people at the time. They would go from giant battle scenes to Correcant or whatever where it looked like life pretty much went on as normal. People were cruising around and they big wigs would go to meetings and everything seems to be A-Ok. How the hell was this the greatest war ever if it effected no-one? Show some bombed out buildings or some war orphans or something at least. Nope. People in jet cars and Pademe all dressed up about to go to a ball or something. Whew, the war was tough alright.

So I suggest you to take a look at some Expanded Universe works that shed more light on the war and how it affected civilians on different planets. Unfortunately, films did not show the Clone Wars fully. We had some clones at the end of Episode II and then in Episode III the war is over. That is why there are books, cartoon series and comics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamenko View Post
    So I suggest you to take a look at some Expanded Universe works that shed more light on the war and how it affected civilians on different planets. Unfortunately, films did not show the Clone Wars fully. We had some clones at the end of Episode II and then in Episode III the war is over. That is why there are books, cartoon series and comics.
    If I have to read a book for a movie to make sense, then the movie is a massive failure, and this is from someone who reads 3-5 books a month.

I do not have a problem with the SW story as a whole, I just have a problem with episodes 1-3. They were just really, really badly made and fail at just about everything they should have done. The SW story and universe is not better off in any way by their existence. Those EU books you mentioned existed before the new movies were released. Can you honestly say that the movies expanded on those stories or made them better in any way? I simply cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    it is just an all around bad movie. And that is before it makes one of the most loved villain / anti-hero in sci-fi history into a slobbering wimp.
    Perhaps, but as far as I'm concerned, it redeemed itself at Order 66.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by Opice View Post
    oh god this guy is so funny.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Opice View Post
    Epic review is epic.

Greatest movie hexology in the world.

Unrivalled, in a league of its own.

The end.
    U p H___~ Restoration // Enhancement since 07.