Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People hating on the new movies again and again. Phantom Menace is the only one that I agree with is "bad". The other 2 are okay. RotS is my favorite of all 6, and not just because of the special effects.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    People hating on the new movies again and again. Phantom Menace is the only one that I agree with is "bad". The other 2 are okay. RotS is my favorite of all 6, and not just because of the special effects.
    I would have to agree with Vizzle here. Ep 1 is the only one I would say is bad. Ep 2 is "ok". But Revenge of the Sith falls into the rank of amazing that the original trilogy shares. However OP, I would definitely recommend that you watch them in this order: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, A Phantom Menace, Clone Wars, Revenge of the Sith. Basically in the order they came out.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch 4-6 (A New Hope, the Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi) first. Even though chronologically it happens after 1-3, it does a better job of introducing you to the Star Wars Universe.

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...e-of-the-sith/

Watch that if RotS is your favorite (can't link Plinkett enough).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...e-of-the-sith/

Watch that if RotS is your favorite (can't link Plinkett enough).
    I found that to be childish and stupid.
    What is so good about it?

EDIT: Oh, right. Acting like an idiot is what passes for humor these days.
    Last edited by mmoc7805351bd4; 2011-11-20 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    I found that to be childish and stupid.
    What is so good about it?
    His reviews are fantastic.

I don't understand why I need to watch someone else's review on a movie that I already have an opinion about. I already like the movie, I've liked it since the first time I saw it, a review isn't going to "show me the error of my ways", if that's what you want.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

either 1-6 or 4-6 then 1-3 imo
    1) Meh not bad but not great
    2) Great movie
    3) God awful
    4) Great Movie
    5) Great movie (My favorite)
    6) Great movie

If possible watch the old 1970-80 ones, no added scenes(maybe some nostalgia >_>)

I don't understand why I need to watch someone else's review on a movie that I already have an opinion about. I already like the movie, I've liked it since the first time I saw it, a review isn't going to "show me the error of my ways", if that's what you want.
    Good to get other perspectives. Don't get so defensive, haha.

EDIT: http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...e-of-the-sith/

Deleted
    His reviews are fantastic.
    I still don't see it.
    What makes them so fantastic?

Good to get other perspectives. Don't get so defensive, haha.
    I really don't want to watch a review that's as long as the movie itself. :/ I'd get his perspective if it was something I could read in 5-10minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    I still don't see it.
    What makes them so fantastic?
    His arguments are well made and while his reviews are for comedy purposes they also dissect the movies quite well. He definitely knows what he's talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Why do so many people hate the third film so much? >.< I actually liked it more than the originals.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-11-20 at 06:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobearn View Post
    Hello! :P

I thought i might watch starwars now, for the first time... yes ive never seen a starwars film...

But im pretty sure the order of the films aint how ur "sopposed" to watch them, like movie 3 be4 movie 2 etc...

Anyone care to help me out :P?

Cheers!
    You absolutely must watch this Star Wars flick:

It's totally awesome! [/trolling]

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate Plinkett's reviews. He doesn't review anything, he just sits there in his Ben Stein wannabe voice and rambles stupid shit while trying to be funny. Oh if you rearrange the letter's in "sith" you get a word that describes what this movie is going to be... hur hur hur (That's honestly one of his lines, I'm *not* making that up). Honestly it's like the man has a jr high student writing his jokes.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
    I hate Plinkett's reviews. He doesn't review anything, he just sits there in his Ben Stein wannabe voice and rambles stupid shit while trying to be funny. Oh if you rearrange the letter's in "sith" you get a word that describes what this movie is going to be... hur hur hur (That's honestly one of his lines, I'm *not* making that up). Honestly it's like the man has a jr high student writing his jokes.
    Very dry humor indeed. That's why I love it.

He doesn't just call it shit, though. He explains why he thinks that way and explains well.

1. Horrible

2. Average. Better then 1 at least.

3. A "good" movie

4. Excellent

5. Excellent

6. The best one imo

Episodes 1-3 really ruined Star Wars legacy. I was happy when they were making 1-3, but if your going to make a trilogy prequel to arguably the greatest movie franchise in cinema history with a huge cult following and characters that are household names, "average" just doesn't cut it.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2011-11-20 at 10:17 AM.

Very dry humor indeed. That's why I love it.

He doesn't just call it shit, though. He explains why he thinks that way and explains well.
    I honestly bucked up a while ago and watched the 30minute Part 1 of his review.

While he does make a few valid points, the useful stuff he talks about could be read in 2minutes of text. 28 minutes of my life were wasted by stupid jokes. So no, I won't be finishing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Terrible. Do _not_ watch this one first, or you'll hate SW forever and don't want to see the others. (That is what happened to me, and the only thing that changed my mind was playing SW:KOTOR, which was so f*cking awesome that I decided to give SW another chance.)
    2. Okay. Naboo is beautiful.
    3. Awesome. A big plus for Obi-Wan and his dry humor
    4. Awesome. Very adventurous, like Indiana Jones in space? Watch this one first. Its also a very good standalone movie, if you don't want to watch the others.
    5. The best of them all, imo.
    6. Good. Was great up till the ending, which I thought was lame.

I honestly bucked up a while ago and watched the 30minute Part 1 of his review.

While he does make a few valid points, the useful stuff he talks about could be read in 2minutes of text. 28 minutes of my life were wasted by stupid jokes. So no, I won't be finishing it.
    Your loss. :P