Thread: NCAA football

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    It isn't Spartan fans bitching about that bowl, it is everyone in the entire country. Michigan won nothing this year. The best win was probably the Nebraska game, another overrated team. Michigan didn't deserve that bowl at all compared to the other top 14 teams that were passed over. Then again the same argument can be made for VT who lost every tough game they played which was only two and both of those were to Clemson. The Sugar Bowl was 100% determined by ticket sales and tv ratings, not who deserved to be there, and everyone who doesn't admit that must be nuts.
    I think it's important, again, to emphasize that this is business as usual for the BCS bowls, particularly when at-large berths are being filled. Merit has not been a consideration historically, and it won't be unless the selection process is altered, or, if hell freezes over and a seeded playoff is instituted.

There's no question that Michigan and Virginia Tech weren't the best available football teams. Nothing in the rules says they had to be. That's the ridiculous nature of it all.

The Sugar's available choices were:

7. Boise State (11-1)
    8. Kansas State (10-2)
    11. Virginia Tech (11-2)
    12. Baylor (9-3)
    13. Michigan (10-2)
    14. Oklahoma (9-3)

(Remember the selection rule which stipulates no conference can occupy more than 2 BCS slots -- that's why #6 Arkansas and #9 South Carolina are absent from the list, and the Sugar couldn't have selected more than one Big XII team due to Oklahoma State's Fiesta tie-in.)

Given that list, I'd have much rather seen Boise State and K-State (and I'm a die-hard Michigan guy, by the way), though I'm sure a lot of fans would have complained about that matchup too. But they picked U-M first, and VT second. Had Oklahoma knocked off the Pokes, the Fiesta and Sugar committees had sketched out a deal for the Sooners to take the first berth in New Orleans, but that was (obviously) dead in the water after the Bedlam result.

We've gone through the BCS selection process fourteen times now. It should be, unfortunately, painfully evident that the word "deserve" doesn't factor into the equation. Anyone who doesn't recognize that simply hasn't been paying attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    thank you for admitting as much. and as much as it pains me to do this, i respect the growth that michigan has committed this year, however i don't think Denard Robinson is all he is cracked up to be. if i was michigan i would be looking for a new QB personally. that said, good win, Michigan hung in there and pulled it out of its hat.
    Denard Robinson is extremely overrated, and that's me trying to be unbiased.

He's a good runner, that's true, but so many times he just throws the ball up and prays that someone catches it, he's so incredibly reckless.

And about the sign thing, I changed my mind, I like it now. For so long the MSU-UM rivalry was only seen as a rivalry through MSU fans' eyes. Now, this shows that UM fans are starting to care. Shit's about to get serious.

10/20/12. Save the date.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Denard Robinson is extremely overrated, and that's me trying to be unbiased.

He's a good runner, that's true, but so many times he just throws the ball up and prays that someone catches it, he's so incredibly reckless.

And about the sign thing, I changed my mind, I like it now. For so long the MSU-UM rivalry was only seen as a rivalry through MSU fans' eyes. Now, this shows that UM fans are starting to care. Shit's about to get serious.

10/20/12. Save the date.
    I love watching Denard during the first couple games of the year and against the Purdue's of the B1G, but he is an awful, awful QB. Can't wait for two years from now when Michigan has an actual, prototypical QB under center. They have one kid coming in year after next, who will be a senior in high school this year, that is just phenomenal as a normal QB.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Surprising 1st quarter for the Cotton Bowl so far 3 points total seems a bit off for these Offensive teams.

---------- Post added 2012-01-06 at 09:18 PM ----------

Joe Freaking Adams hes been doing that all year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you ready for some real football? No more 100 point games (lol @ zero D). Tonight the real men play ball. Tonight the SEC shows all of the pretenders what football is all about.

Love us or hate us, the SEC runs this shit.

Roll Tide!

Last edited by Roose; 2012-01-09 at 07:34 PM.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    If history means anything, Alabama will blow out LSU.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am calling a Bama win. 24-14

This a bit premature, but I just wanted to point out that LSU was the regular season champions. However, just as in every sport, the post season is what counts. When the Giants beat the Patriots, the fact that the Pats were 18-0 before that meant nothing.

Hate the system, not Bama. Roll Tide.
    I like sandwiches

I didn't know Alabama's soccer team was playing for the title tonight...

15+ Year Old Account
    Alabama up 12-0, someone forget to tell the LSU offense to show up?

Should have started Lee, imo.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Implying they have an offense? LSU can't win if they lose the turnover margin, or if they don't get a D/SP touchdown.

Ok state and Stanford are better than LSU, they are getting exposed for no pass D, and as I said if their opponent doesn't turn it over they lose. Watch the Oregon game again or the WVU game, both teams outplayed LSU just had shit mistakes.
    Last edited by Todgruppe; 2012-01-10 at 03:46 AM.

First touchdown in 8 quarters of play this season.

Roll tide?

10+ Year Old Account
    Roll Tide!!!!!

Revenge is fuckin SWEET!!!!

Ugh....what a god awful BCS game for LSU. It's going to be 31-0 soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post

Roll tide?
    And a missed extra point. Do I smell an "UH OH!" moment in the making?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Their first game was boring. This rematch is boring. WTB playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Champs again baby

i gotta go hit the strip n get drunk

"We outphysicaled em."

I love post-game interviews.

Didn't win their conference
    Didn't even win their division
    Already lost to the team they played
    National Champions

You can't explain that!

10+ Year Old Account
    National Champs! Suck it all you haters!

SEC rules and your conference drools. Learn to play some defense Big whatever and Pac whatever.

More SEC domination. To those that say Bama should not be there, eat it! 1st shutout in BCS championship history!

The best two team splayed and Bama was clearly the most dominate force in the world.

You think OSU, Stanford, or Oregon could do better? Too bad your teams can't win the cupcake games!!!!!!!! You lose to ISU you do not deserve a shot at any title.

The real ballers showed the nation who is the real champions!

I sure bet your haters wanted a close game. Too bad Maybe you should have not stunk up the field in your losses...

Alabama #1 LSU #2 so that means that the closest the rest of the nation got was 3rd place behind SEC! Good luck learning how to play defense!

Roll Tide! To all haters: 21-ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best college defense ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL @ ALL HATERS! Learn to play D!

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus View Post
    Didn't win their conference
    Didn't even win their division
    Already lost to the team they played
    National Champions

You can't explain that!
    Do not need to! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21-0!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post season is all that counts! Take your QQ to the 18-1 Patriots!

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 11:47 PM ----------

I didn't know Alabama's soccer team was playing for the title tonight...
    I bet our soccer team could play better D than OSU!

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 11:49 PM ----------

Should have started Lee, imo.
    You mean the guy that Bama owns? You do realize that Jefferson was only playing because of how bad Bama made Lee look in game 1?

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 11:51 PM ----------

Roll tide?
    Good thing TDs do not decide who wins national title. Have fun with your "awesome offense"! Good thing the real people that matter know how pathetic the defenses are outside of the SEC.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Todgruppe View Post
    Implying they have an offense? LSU can't win if they lose the turnover margin, or if they don't get a D/SP touchdown.

Ok state and Stanford are better than LSU, they are getting exposed for no pass D, and as I said if their opponent doesn't turn it over they lose. Watch the Oregon game again or the WVU game, both teams outplayed LSU just had shit mistakes.
    Watch Bama V LSU game 1 and see Bama clearly outplay LSU. It most be a conspiracy! Surely the SEC does not win these games because they are the best. Sorry, but your conference is just inferior to the SEC.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflesaurus View Post
    Their first game was boring. This rematch is boring. WTB playoffs.
    Like other conferences would do better in playoffs? LOL! The SEC proposed a system to allow other conferences a shot! The other conferences shot it down! Enjoy SEC supremacy! Bring in playoffs, LOL. Like you joke of defenses would do any better in a different format!? Learn to play D if you want a shot because a playoff will just produce more SEC V SEC championships. LSU and Bama could kick the piss out of any team. You actually think that it would not be LSU and BAMA if there was a playoff!?

I do not expect football geniuses here, but at least admit when you are WHOOPED!
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-01-10 at 06:00 AM.
    I like sandwiches