Thread: NCAA football

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    Meh, I'm just glad to see the Beavers winning some decent games this season. I'm as diehard a Ducks fan as any other alum is but I'd rather have a decent OSU team instead of the guaranteed win game the Civil War has become in recent years. Rivalries aren't as fun when your opponent plays like a high school team.
    Know how that feels too. Auburn post-Cam hasn't been anything but a blip in Alabama's radar.

The color commentator in the Bama game sounds like John DiMaggio.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-09-30 at 02:51 AM.

I almost had a heart attack today.

Best come from behind win I have ever witnessed. The game shouldn't even have been close. Nebraska gift wrapped Wisconsin most of their points through self fumbles, and penalties.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-09-30 at 06:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Wow, seven minutes into the game and two Hawaiian defensive players have been carted off. It doesn't help that the commentators are morons, saying a QB who's 5/5 with 55 yards is bad, and using every fucking sentence to say the two injured's names, because they're getting jollies out of saying them.
    Ugh.

Not to mention that Hawai'i got steamrolled in all three games so far (USC, Nevada, and now BYU) that were on national TV, very embarrassing to say the least.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-09-30 at 06:08 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

After week 5

BCS Natl. Championship = Big12 Champion (leaning towards Texas or K State) Vs. Alabama
    Rose Bowl = Oregon Vs. Nebraska or Northwestern
    Orange Bowl = Florida State Vs. Louisville
    Sugar Bowl = SEC #2 Vs. Nebraska or Northwestern
    Tostitos Fiesta Bowl = Big12 #2 Vs. Oregon State
    Last edited by muto; 2012-10-01 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Orange Bowl = Florida State Vs. Louisville
    Disagree with this. If anything, it'll be either my Louisiana Tech Bulldogs or Boise State in that game, with Boise State having the greater odds of making it. Personally, I think neither Boise nor Louisville are very good right now, and I'm willing to bet each team will drop at least one more game. La. Tech's biggest hurdle is going to be TAMU, but that game can definitely be won. Win that, and we should be able to sweep the WAC, leaving us undefeated.

10+ Year Old Account
    LSU dropped another spot in the rankings after another terrible performance against a school I've never heard of. FSU takes their spot at number 3. Northwestern makes its way into the top 25 for the first time in years. Rutgers and Louisville are two big surprises for me so far. Michigan State, Boise State, and Baylor fall out of the rankings.

Next week finally gets to the bulk of schedules. LSU plays at Florida, Georgia at South Carolina, West Virginia at Texas, and Nebraska at Ohio State. Definite shakeup in the rankings after next week.

15+ Year Old Account
    LSU dropped another spot in the rankings after another terrible performance against a school I've never heard of. FSU takes their spot at number 3. Northwestern makes its way into the top 25 for the first time in years. Rutgers and Louisville are two big surprises for me so far. Michigan State, Boise State, and Baylor fall out of the rankings.

Next week finally gets to the bulk of schedules. LSU plays at Florida, Georgia at South Carolina, West Virginia at Texas, and Nebraska at Ohio State. Definite shakeup in the rankings after next week.
    I have been totally out of the loop on most things college football since cancelling my tv, how the fuck did LSU give up 22 points to Towson? Fucking Towson?! Towson couldn't hang 22 on the legendary defense at freaking William and Mary. Weird team that LSU. I think Florida is tremendously overrated at #10, but I think they have a real shot at beating LSU this week. Unless LSU has just been fucking with peoples minds since point spread doesn't matter to the BCS computers and they have just been game planning to beat Bama all season.

10+ Year Old Account
    After week 5
    Rose Bowl = Oregon Vs. Nebraska or Northwestern
    As much as I respect Pat Fitzgerald and would like to see Northwestern do well, I don't see this happening. They're 5-0, but against rather weak opponents with a combined record of 6-14 (including one FCS nobody), and they played four of those at home. Now, if they can summon the strength and focus to actually play for 60 minutes, topple Nebraska and win those four upcoming road games, I'd obviously change my tune a bit. I just think they're in for a reality check, in pretty short order.

The B1G is so frustrating this season. Adding insult to injury, the conference teams who turned in the most solid performances over the weekend are both on probation.

Sugar Bowl = SEC #2 Vs. Nebraska or Northwestern
    Not that I want it to be this way, but, I don't think they'd receive a BCS at-large invite in a million years.

And then there's this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Really hope WVU can shape up their defense by then. We have one hell of an offense, but our D are mostly freshmen... Would have been nice to still have Irvin and R.Williams!
    Loser since Feb. 05'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I have been totally out of the loop on most things college football since cancelling my tv, how the fuck did LSU give up 22 points to Towson? Fucking Towson?!
    With the exception of Russell Shepard's TD rush, LSU came out flat and sloppy, and looked like deer in headlights for the first half (and part of the second). Towson even took the lead in the 2nd quarter and held some decent momentum until a couple minutes before halftime. It looked like Tiger Stadium slid into an alternate universe for a while, pretty creepy to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Disagree with this. If anything, it'll be either my Louisiana Tech Bulldogs or Boise State in that game, with Boise State having the greater odds of making it. Personally, I think neither Boise nor Louisville are very good right now, and I'm willing to bet each team will drop at least one more game. La. Tech's biggest hurdle is going to be TAMU, but that game can definitely be won. Win that, and we should be able to sweep the WAC, leaving us undefeated.
    Ya except Louisiana Tech doesn't have a defense, and Texas AM does. I will guess Texas AM wins by 20+. Also, if both the Big East champion and WAC champion were to be undefeated at seasons end, the Big East champion would get chosen I have no doubt.

Also: Michigan State plays dirty!

Last edited by muto; 2012-10-03 at 11:45 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    Meh, I'm just glad to see the Beavers winning some decent games this season. I'm as diehard a Ducks fan as any other alum is but I'd rather have a decent OSU team instead of the guaranteed win game the Civil War has become in recent years. Rivalries aren't as fun when your opponent plays like a high school team.
    Same here. I'm an old school Duck fan and I'm delighted to see the Beavers kicking some ass. The Civil War should be awesome this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't decide which I like best:

• TCU's QB getting arrested and suspended indefinitely for DUI;
    • The five Mizzou players who thought it'd be a great idea to get high near their stadium... but got busted and suspended;
    • Or, Ohio State's 3rd string QB announcing his discontent on Twitter:

Kids these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    I can't decide which I like best:

• TCU's QB getting arrested and suspended indefinitely for DUI;
    • The five Mizzou players who thought it'd be a great idea to get high near their stadium... but got busted and suspended;
    • Or, Ohio State's 3rd string QB announcing his discontent on Twitter:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/gfzd5.png[img]

Kids these days.
    I say kick the OSU guy out of school, see who that turns out. Dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.

I say kick the OSU guy out of school, see who that turns out. Dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.
    Anyone who can't appreciate a full ride scholarship to a pretty respectable state school doesn't deserve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why you pick a shitty easymode major if you go to college to play football.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Thats why you pick a shitty easymode major if you go to college to play football.
    Yeah, each week they do those standout academic player things. Most, if not all of the time, it's something like Sports Management, or The Science of Twinkies. Even worse, it's not always a 3.5 or higher.

Apparently, there's nobody in Utah who knows how to kick footballs. Only been listening, but this game has been brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yep, I love hearing the announcers announce what the student athletes are majoring in, it seems it's usually psychology or sociology.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-10-06 at 11:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I love hearing the announcers announce what the student athletes are majoring in, it seems it's usually psychology or sociology.
    Nothing wrong with psychology. Might not be much demand for jobs, but it's no a sleeper class or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with psychology. Might not be much demand for jobs, but it's no a sleeper class or anything.
    Yeah. Those aren't exactly easy majors either.