Thread: NCAA football

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Agree with both. I'm intrigued to see what Boise is going to be without Moore.
    i think the BSU MSU game is going to be close.
    i'd like to think the UM Bama game is going to be close, but my instincts tell me its going to be a one sided blowout.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at College Gameday's predictions they are getting tired of the SEC winning or even going to the Championship I think they are in for a rude awaking because it's going to be hard to not put one of the SEC teams in there if they go undefeated or even lose 1.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Looking at College Gameday's predictions they are getting tired of the SEC winning or even going to the Championship I think they are in for a rude awaking because it's going to be hard to not put one of the SEC teams in there if they go undefeated or even lose 1.
    if youre in the SEC you love it, if youre outside, you hate it. IT's the nature of the game. As it has been said to death, until someone beats the SEC teams in the NC, theyre king of it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    if youre in the SEC you love it, if youre outside, you hate it. IT's the nature of the game. As it has been said to death, until someone beats the SEC teams in the NC, theyre king of it all.
    This year might be the year if any USC didn't even get phased by the sanctions against them and are looking pretty good and with an easy conference besides Oregon they should be undefeated or 1 loss. And the Sooners are looking pretty decent but they have a bit of a harder conference with Texas being a bit better, OK. State being decent,and K-State being better who knows but they should still do good. I noticed Florida State is another team people are picking but that conference is super terrible so if the sports nation gets behind them they should have an easy road to the NC game as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the start of the season upon us, it's clear that some fans are as classy as ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that crosses a line. I'm already not a OSU fan, but it makes it harder to root for Urban Meyer with stuff like that. (I already don't like LSU so no problems there)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, that crosses a line. I'm already not a OSU fan, but it makes it harder to root for Urban Meyer with stuff like that. (I already don't like LSU so no problems there)
    Every fan base has its share of idiots. I'm just a bit surprised that people insist on taking idiocy to this level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    With the start of the season upon us, it's clear that some fans are as classy as ever.
    snip
    Don't forget about this gem from the Student book store at Penn State:

People are idiots and more idiots flock to college football than any other game.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-29 at 11:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'll cheer for the wolverines...when there playing Notre Dame...

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    This year might be the year if any USC didn't even get phased by the sanctions against them and are looking pretty good and with an easy conference besides Oregon they should be undefeated or 1 loss. And the Sooners are looking pretty decent but they have a bit of a harder conference with Texas being a bit better, OK. State being decent,and K-State being better who knows but they should still do good. I noticed Florida State is another team people are picking but that conference is super terrible so if the sports nation gets behind them they should have an easy road to the NC game as well.
    USC and Oklahoma have serious depth problems, USC more so than Oklahoma. FSU IS BACK....../loses to Wake Forest again

Agree with both. I'm intrigued to see what Boise is going to be without Moore.
    They lost their OC to Florida also along with a bunch of starters to the NFL and graduation. It will be interesting to see where Petersen goes from here, I think he is talented enough to reload and do it all over again.
    Last edited by monostat; 2012-08-30 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First play of South Carolina's offensive season is a fumble. Lovely. Still thinking an SEC title there?

10+ Year Old Account
    First play of South Carolina's offensive season is a fumble. Lovely. Still thinking an SEC title there?
    IDK the east is not that great atm the usual powers are down (Florida,Tennessee). Really with South Carolina the biggest comp they have is Vandy, and maybe Florida but I don't think so. South Carolina has a decent team and I don't think because of a first pos. turnover there season is automatically over.

10+ Year Old Account
    LolTennesseeisanEastpower.

But really, Georgia and SC are the best chances. It's just a bad omen to have two turnovers in the first quarter of your first game.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record: this broadcast is 400% better without Craig James.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record: this broadcast is 400% better without Craig James.
    Long as I don't have to hear Mark May. yet another reason to zone out during halftime shows.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else completely enjoying watching South Carolina teetering on the edge of blowing another game to a team they should destroy? Is there any team in the country that is as completely overrated year after year after year than SC under Spurrier?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else completely enjoying watching South Carolina teetering on the edge of blowing another game to a team they should destroy? Is there any team in the country that is as completely overrated year after year after year than SC under Spurrier?
    Yeah, but Vandy is frequently underrated, so give them a little credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long as I don't have to hear Mark May. yet another reason to zone out during halftime shows.
    As much as I dislike Mark May, at least I can listen to him without reaching for an umbrella. Lou Holtz is several years overdue for retirement.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 08:56 PM ----------

Is there any team in the country that is as completely overrated year after year after year than SC under Spurrier?
    Clemson.

What do I win?

15+ Year Old Account
    Clemson.

What do I win?
    Ya but Clemson is an ACC team and the ACC is a total joke. Someone has to win that shitfest and having a BCS bowl team unranked, as every ACC team should be most years, would make the system look like more of a joke than it already does. At least they made a BCS bowl last year though and slightly delivered on the hype.. Sure they lost 70-33 to the #23 ranked team in the country from the Big Least, but they made it. When your conference is 2-13 in the BCS what can you expect lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    in the past decade? how about your wolverines?
    yeah...i went there...