Thread: NCAA football

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Nothing wrong with psychology. Might not be much demand for jobs, but it's no a sleeper class or anything.
    This Psyche graduate salutes you, good sir!

OT : Northwestern lost to Penn State. Well, it looks like their time in the top 25 was pretty short lived huh?

[Edit] Forgot to mention this, but Arkansas beat the shit out of Auburn, 24-7. So, the question is, which team will end this season with the dubious 'honor' of being the WORST team in the SEC?
    Last edited by Finangus; 2012-10-06 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeff Driskel has to be one of the worst quarterbacks I've ever seen when it comes to making decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeff Driskel has to be one of the worst quarterbacks I've ever seen when it comes to making decisions.
    Who do you consider to be worse: Mettenberger or Driskel? Personally, I'm leaning towards Mettenberger being worse. To me, it always seems like Mettenberger has the potential to completely fuck up a game for LSU, like he's waiting for the perfect opportunity to troll the shit out of LSU fans.

[EDIT] Oh LSU, I so love to see you fuck yourselves over. You gain 56 yards, but turn the ball over as you do so. You're oh so impressive.
    Last edited by Finangus; 2012-10-06 at 10:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Who do you consider to be worse: Mettenberger or Driskel? Personally, I'm leaning towards Mettenberger being worse. To me, it always seems like Mettenberger has the potential to completely fuck up a game for LSU, like he's waiting for the perfect opportunity to troll the shit out of LSU fans.

[EDIT] Oh LSU, I so love to see you fuck yourselves over. You gain 56 yards, but turn the ball over as you do so. You're oh so impressive.
    Actually, I'll take Frasier from Auburn over either for bad decisions, but Driskel's fumble and his constantly taking sacks over throwing it away is not helping his cause. Fortunately, LSU's defense is wearing down and it's easier to run.

10+ Year Old Account
    gg stanford. Arizona had that, then they threw it away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woot, Florida wins. LSU overrated, proven today.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 07:45 PM ----------

Well, it's a long game, but South Carolina has 21 points in ten minutes. Not looking good already for Georgia.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-10-06 at 11:48 PM.

FSU is making me nervous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    FSU is making me nervous.
    More losses to shake up the standings, I always say. LSU's going down the rankings, as is Georgia. Then again, given their competition, you wouldn't expect them to fall too hard.

Ohio State pulled away from Nebraska, and Oregon's showing why another team is overrated.

Know what bothers me? Teams like Stanford jumping from really low up to the top ten, just because they beat a top-ranked team. I don't know how the polls can assume that one win makes a team that good. Notice they lost the next week. That's what bugs me about the rankings, too many drastic leaps. At least early on. Maybe it'll all flow and balance out later.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-10-07 at 04:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oregon Washington game isn't surprising at all. Good thing I didn't buy into that hype like everybody did.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!

Whelp. Off to do drink away my sorrows.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-10-07 at 03:40 AM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    FSU is getting owned man that was an ugly game.

10+ Year Old Account
    UCLA is getting whooped by Cal. Unless they get their act together, that'll be yet another ranked team dropping to an unranked opponent (one with a losing record, at that).

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 11:43 AM ----------

**UPDATED POLLS FOR WEEK 7**
    AP
    1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. South Carolina
    4. Florida
    5. West Virginia
    6. Kansas State
    7. Notre Dame
    8. Ohio State
    9. LSU
    10. Oregon State
    11. USC
    12. Florida State
    13. Oklahoma
    14. Georgia
    15. Texas
    16. Clemson
    17. Stanford
    18. Louisville
    19. Mississippi State
    20. Rutgers
    21. Cincinnati
    22. Texas A&M
    23. Louisiana Tech
    24. Boise State
    25. Michigan

USA Today
    1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. South Carolina
    4. West Virginia
    5. Kansas State
    6. Florida
    7. Notre Dame
    8. LSU
    9. USC
    10. Oklahoma
    11. Florida State
    12. Georgia
    13. Clemson
    14. Oregon State
    15. Texas
    16. Louisville
    17. Stanford
    18. Mississippi State
    19. Rutgers
    20. Cincinnati
    21. Texas A&M
    22. Boise State
    23. TCU
    24. Louisiana Tech
    25. Iowa State

I would like to say "You're Welcome" to Texas A&M for both handing them the game in the 4th quarter (WE ARE! OLE MISS!) and getting them ranked.

I don't think there's enough booze in my city to drown my sorrows after that loss...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone see any pre-BCS ranking guesses?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Anyone see any pre-BCS ranking guesses?
    Heres the projection based on the current polls:
    http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...rginia-florida

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Attempting to put all bias against MSU (the Mississippi one) aside, I still have to ask, "Why is fuck's sake are they ranked and even thought of int a BCS Championship situation?"

I'm a fan of the SEC and even I have to say this shows some SEC bias. They're 5-0, yeah, but they've played NO ONE so far and played them all poorly. I really hope Tennessee takes them out this weekend so that they drop out of the rankings and all discussion and speculation ceases.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Awesome, thanks for putting that up there.

You think Oregon will keep it's #2 even with the bye this weekend?

Isn't South Carolina playing LSU this weekend? If they beat them bad enough, I see them going to Number 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lylyth View Post
    Isn't South Carolina playing LSU this weekend? If they beat them bad enough, I see them going to Number 2.
    Only if they were still undefeated. Right now, beating LSU wouldn't be such a great feat, not any greater than Oregon's 50+ points a game.

Speaking of, what kind of matchups do we have this week?

No. 15 Texas vs. No. 13 Oklahoma: No comment here, sadly, I'm not paying as much attention to that conference now that Nebraska is gone.
    No. 17 Stanford at No. 7 Notre Dame: Said it before, Stanford is overrated. They just lucked out, ranking-wise, that they beat USC. I'm not sure what got into Notre Dame this year, but I don't see them having a problem with Stanford.
    No. 3 South Carolina at No. 9 LSU: South Carolina is hard to read. They looked like the best team in the nation last week when they stomped a mudhole in Georgia. But, I see some inconsistencies there. However, you can't deny LSU's offense is beyond terrible, and with SC's defense, there's no way they'll score enough to win.
    No. 22 Texas A&M at No. 23 Louisiana Tech: Not often you see two ranked teams not make the national TV, but alas. Would be fun to watch. I haven't seen Louisiana Tech play yet, but I heard it's a fun watch. Speaking of fun watch:
    Florida Atlantic at Louisiana-Monroe: ULM was so close to being ranked. Unfortunately, this isn't on national TV either, so nuts. They're fun to watch. Two spread quarterbacks in the backfield at the same time, one left-handed, one right. It's quite entertaining

15+ Year Old Account
    Only if they were still undefeated. Right now, beating LSU wouldn't be such a great feat, not any greater than Oregon's 50+ points a game.
    Yes it would. It would be a far more impressive achievement than anything Oregon has done. Oregon has played one road game and looked terrible. South Carolina has also looked wildly mediocre on the road. A win at LSU this week is far more impressive than Oregon beating up on nobodies at home so far this year. Oregon has one impressive win this year, the blanking of Arizona. As of right now, South Carolina's best win, against Georgia, is so ridiculously far ahead of Oregon's best win it is a joke. A win @LSU gives them two far more impressive wins. Frankly that is more than Oregon is going to have this entire season if they run the table. USC looks beatable and nowhere near the juggernaut I was expecting. Stanford is beatable. The rest of the PAC is decent enough, but is at best comparable to the SEC.

The good news is the argument is irrelevant since there is no way South Carolina makes it through the season unscathed while Oregon absolutely can. The head ball coach is so overrated.