Thread: NCAA football

Page 94 of 141 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    When was the last time a 1 loss team played in the NC over an undefeated team from a power conference? I don't think it's ever happened in the BCS era. I could maybe see them leap frogging an undefeated OSU team, since most of the voters think the B1G is so weak, and they went 12-0 last year but only finished 3rd in the AP poll. But I can't really see it happening to Oregon or Clemson. Especially since if Clemson were to go undefeated they would be beating 2 of the top SEC teams (Georgia and South Carolina) in addition to a highly ranked FSU team.

It's probably a moot point anyway because 2 of these teams would have to go undefeated, which is highly unlikely. Teams have slip ups all the time, and OSU was beyond lucky with some of the wins they had last year. The year where 3 schools from 3 different power conferences went undefeated was a complete anomoly and isn't likely to happen again.
    Wait did you just refer to the ACC as a "power conference"? Is it basketball season already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Wait did you just refer to the ACC as a "power conference"? Is it basketball season already?
    I think they deserve some credit. Though at the moment the ACC is extremely top-heavy. Miami won't last as a ranked team as they are awful. Leaving only Clemson and Florida State as top 10 teams until they play each other in about a month. Another pressing issue in the future is that the ACC - Coastal is trash and this will diminish the impact of the ACC Championship game in the polls.
    Nominated Most Average Healer Ever
    My Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced
    My Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamus/advanced
    Pokemon Y FC: 1736-1594-7603 // Name: Human?
    Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

10+ Year Old Account
    Classy.

I'd still like to see the game that should have been, where NC State's touchdown actually counted.

And this punk needs to sit, for a long, long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always cracks me up when guys throw punches at other guys wearing helmets. Talk about not using the noggin.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this Boise St./Fresno St. games is close. Boise recovered a kickoff fumble, and almost gave it up by fumbling in the end zone. With Boise down 2.

And Fresno pulls it off. Nice.

No real interesting games this weekend. Gonna see most of Tennessee/Florida, since my boss is a Volunteer. Arizona St./Stanford is the only top 25 matchup.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-09-21 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    No real interesting games this weekend.
    I'm gonna be watching Tenn/Florida and Auburn/LSU. Not a fan of any of the teams but I love seeing upsets of the big time programs. I always have fun rooting for the upset. At least till the score gets too far out of hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Tenn v Florida is a nice rivalry game even if it is a completely one sided rivalry. Florida sucks enough this year to where the Vols might pull it off and if so then it is party time. Auburn v LSU has the makings of a decent game but LSU is a 14-17 point favorite for a reason. Probably won't be that exciting of a game. I imagine the Arizona State and Stanford game will be typical West Coast super late start time? Might catch it after the home team is done.

Also that Boise and Fresno game last night was great.

- - - Updated - - -

North Texas is even at 21 with #9 Georgia in the 3rd. They have taken the run away from the Dawgs and Murray looks average at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having conference channels is already retarded enough, but having them exclusive to providers is another realm of stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Driskel is hurt. Seems about right for Florida. Still don't get the analysts talking about how they're underrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is awful. They should both just punt on first down.

Fun watching my Buckeyes and Huskies get blowout wins, although it'd be pretty hard not to against their respective opponents. Looking forward to Arizona State/Stanford tonight, should be a good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ClayTravisBGID 10m
    This Tennessee-Florida game is an instructional video for what not to do at the quarterback position. So painful.
    This man speaks the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

I just got back from the Rutgers game. Wow.

We had no business being in that game, let alone winning. I'm not looking forward to the Louisville game (@ Louisville) in a few weeks. Our QB (Nova) is brutal and the few decent passes he throws get dropped. Also, kicker is awful.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, absolutely incredible game to see. Student section wanted something to happen so much and when it finally did, it was nuts being there.

- - - Updated - - -

UConn, of all teams, beating Michigan in Connecticut. 11:30 to go.

Think this drops them out of the T25 finally?

Rutgers should get votes after that win, but probably won't make it into the top 25 this week. Bye, then @SMU then the big one. Thursday Oct 10 7:30 @Louisville.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that Baylor score. We don't need no stinking RG3.

Georgia escaped. That can't be good for them, especially after a loss.

Jeff Driskel is out for the season for Florida. I'm not really all that worried. We were already overrated, but Driskel even more so. Maybe a fresh face on offense will give a boost.

Bama is in trouble, as I already thought. 59 yards total from their two RB's, against COLORADO STATE. McCarron didn't do too hot either, with only a 1:1 TD/INT ratio. And this is the guy who is known for never throwing interceptions.

A lot of really high scoring games this week, but all of em against nothing teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Wow that Baylor score. We don't need no stinking RG3.

Georgia escaped. That can't be good for them, especially after a loss.

Jeff Driskel is out for the season for Florida. I'm not really all that worried. We were already overrated, but Driskel even more so. Maybe a fresh face on offense will give a boost.

Bama is in trouble, as I already thought. 59 yards total from their two RB's, against COLORADO STATE. McCarron didn't do too hot either, with only a 1:1 TD/INT ratio. And this is the guy who is known for never throwing interceptions.

A lot of really high scoring games this week, but all of em against nothing teams.
    The Louisville score worries me.

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL @ Michigan. barely beating Akron and Uconn?
    how is this team top 25 rated? get them out of there.

every single year its the same shit with them. Overrated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post

They're turning the ball over a lot. If they don't do that, they demolish both teams.
    O-line is struggling.

Let us not discuss how many teams over the past several years how many teams barely beating bad teams or even losing some games are still in the top 10-15 over the past couple of seasons, namely simply because "they're in the SEC"

15+ Year Old Account

Better than barely beating South Florida (barely). Speaking of overrated, how about that team with a nonexistent offense who went into this weekend 26 in the AP and 24 in the USA Today before losing to a mediocre Notre Dame team that Michigan beat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Better than barely beating South Florida (barely). Speaking of overrated, how about that team with a nonexistent offense who went into this weekend 26 in the AP and 24 in the USA Today before losing to a mediocre Notre Dame team that Michigan beat.
    you mean the notre dame team that got phantom pass interference calls all game long so bad that even the analysts were bitching about it?
    most msu fans admitted wed be mediocre at best this year. we knew our offense sucked. btw, southern florida is better than uconn or akron and we beat them by more than 7 points combined.
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2013-09-22 at 07:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    you mean the notre dame team that got phantom pass interference calls all game long so bad that even the analysts were bitching about it?
    most msu fans admitted wed be mediocre at best this year. we knew our offense sucked. btw, southern florida is better than uconn or akron and we beat them by more than 7 points combined.
    Moral of the story is both our teams are completely overrated and sucky? The last couple weeks have shattered my hopes of Michigan beating OSU because wow have they looked mediocre.