Thread: NCAA football

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    By the way, what is wrong with the main camera during this game? It's hovering around the area making the players be at the very top of the screen instead of being centered. Makes it hard to watch.
    Yeah, that is an odd angle.

Wtf was up with that tackle on Mariotta last possession where they ripped his head back? How was that not a facemask (or something)?

This game just wasnt even fair. Im just glad it was already decided that Mac Brown would not be returning next year so they couldnt use this loss as an excuse to fire him. Seriously who thought it would be funny to throw an unranked team against an top 10 Oregon team thats pissed off they were not in a BCS Bowl. Im surprised they didnt drop 60 on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Im surprised they didnt drop 60 on them.
    They might have if Mariota wasn't playing hurt. But yeah, this is more BCS stupid shit. Or whatever system decides the rest of the bowl games. It's not fair to Texas and it's not really fair to Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Can someone just tazer Lou Holtz - that mush-mouthed asshat is like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard.
    cant wait for SEC network and some Tim Tebow. With SEC network I will have MLB and also NFL network. No reason to ever watch ESPN again. Well at least until all their current personalities are dead.

I'm sure A&M is gonna settle down and win this one easily. But for the time being I'm actually enjoying a Duke football game. Not often I'd sit and watch a Duke football game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gismo7354 View Post
    I'm sure A&M is gonna settle down and win this one easily. But for the time being I'm actually enjoying a Duke football game. Not often I'd sit and watch a Duke football game.
    yeah. they totally won that one "easily". you know, i gotta give duke props, i bet they could beat a lot of teams around the league and aren't as overrated as i thought they were.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was quite possibly the most drastic turnaround I have seen. Duke scores TDs on first 5 drives, and then finds out he hard way that you can't beat Johnny Foosball kicking field goals. Best game so far.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    And I missed it. Over six minutes of highlights, a lot, but I feel I may have missed the game of the bowl season so far. Tomorrow's games better not disappoint.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    That was quite possibly the most drastic turnaround I have seen. Duke scores TDs on first 5 drives, and then finds out he hard way that you can't beat Johnny Foosball kicking field goals. Best game so far.
    Yeah, that was a pretty sweet game.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    yeah. they totally won that one "easily".
    I was surprised. I thought A&M was going to settle down in the 2nd quarter and finally get some stops. Best bowl game so far IMO. I wonder how the game would have turned out if the refs would have called a pass interference against A&M at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn. South Carolina not doing shit against Wisconsin's run game early on. I thought that was supposed to be their specialty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wisconsin throwing the ball on 4th and 1, what has the world come to? They were punished appropriately...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    While I dislike the SEC immensely, I did pick SC for the win. Wisconsin tried to stay in it, and even with a kick-off return, their offense was crippled in the second half with the QB injury.

was Tony Romo rehabbing as Wisconsin's backup? I mean who else could engineer two late game drives to try and mount a comeback only to throw back to back interceptions.

Georgia is the definition of why preseason rankings are useless trash used by ESPN to over hype teams and should never be used again once the BCS is gone. Started preseason #5 and finished unranked. If that isnt being over rated I dont know what is.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2014-01-02 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what Stanford is thinking. 4th and 4, running has been kept in check, so you run the ball? Terrible call. You're better off with a QB draw if you're gonna do that.

was Tony Romo rehabbing as Wisconsin's backup? I mean who else could engineer two late game drives to try and mount a comeback only to throw back to back interceptions.
    http://nfl.si.com/2013/12/10/tony-ro...allas-cowboys/
    http://www.advancednflstats.com/2013...tony-romo.html
    Check out the stats by Romo on the right
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-01-02 at 01:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Come on Michigan State close this one out!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    While I dislike the SEC immensely, I did pick SC for the win. Wisconsin tried to stay in it, and even with a kick-off return, their offense was crippled in the second half with the QB injury.
    call me a big 10 fan boy but they actually had a great showing today.
    Iowa stuck close to a much better LSU team.
    Wisconsin the same with SC (with an injured starter QB).
    and Nebraska beat Georgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats MSU. I still say Stanford did not call this game well, and that last 4th and 1 says it again.

call me a big 10 fan boy but they actually had a great showing today.
    Call me an SEC fanboy but they're 5-1 so far in bowl games with three four to go. (forgot about Missouri)

Georgia is the definition of why preseason rankings are useless trash used by ESPN to over hype teams and should never be used again once the BCS is gone. Started preseason #5 and finished unranked. If that isnt being over rated I dont know what is.
    Georgia also lost nearly their entire offense.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-01-02 at 03:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sparty ON!

- - - Updated - - -

Grats MSU. I still say Stanford did not call this game well, and that last 4th and 1 says it again.

Call me an SEC fanboy but they're 5-1 so far in bowl games with three to go.

Georgia also lost nearly their entire offense.
    Nebraska has lots of injuries as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Nebraska has lots of injuries as well.
    Well, I wasn't referring to the bowl game, I was referring to the fact that he said Georgia is overrated. He is right about one thing though. Preseason rankings are pretty pointless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I wasn't referring to the bowl game, I was referring to the fact that he said Georgia is overrated. He is right about one thing though. Preseason rankings are pretty pointless.
    oh yeah i have to agree. every year Michigan seems to be ranked despite just not being that good. i think rankings shouldn't even occur until about november.