Deleted

Lightbulb Dark Knight: What kind of place do you think Heath Ledger's Joker lived in?

Well, as the title asks, what kind of place do you believe the Joker character of the Dark Knight lived in?

Do you believe he might have lived in a house or an apartment? Do you think it was run-down and dilapidated or new and clean? Do you think it was full of junk or barren/minimalist?

For some reason, this is a question I have pondered on ever since seeing the movie on the big screen. I think it is because the character is so mysterious/enigmatic.

The immediate and obvious choice might be some sort of accommodation similar to Tyler Durden's run-down, old house (read: crack-den) in Fight Club, a nihilistic shack which is more of a fire hazard than a home, but to me, that seems too obvious and predictable for the allusive and unpredictable character that is the Joker in Dark Knight.

Personally, I think he might live in a relatively uptown apartment. But I believe it would feel soulless and unwelcoming. I imagine it would be relatively new and clean (ish), perhaps blood stains here and there, but no pictures, furniture or anything that could be considered decor, just a mattress on the floor in the bedroom maybe with a table littered with building blueprints and event flyers, a toilet with a mirror, standing shower and sink and a small kitchen with a sink, worktop and perhaps a cheap microwave.

So, guys, take a look at this man:

Let's have some fun and speculate on where this engaging and daring villain, who could at times be considered an anti-hero to the disenfranchised, might take his naps and hatch his schemes!
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2011-11-18 at 04:18 AM.