Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looks like everyone's alt's will be getting their daggers tomorrow as well then!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

I'm not sure you could actually pull it off with ilvl ala terrible though. Can you kill the guy for the quest further down the line in terrible gear?
    I watched a stream where they split up into two 10-mans, that's why I was unsure. Hope it's not hotfixed before 4.3 hits EU, my guild has 3-4 rogues who wants to get the asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems interesting that Blizz let the pocket reset to pass to live like that. We might see this hotfixed really soon, or Blizzard will just let this be and soon we'll have everyone and their alts and their alts alts with the first pair of daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    I'm not sure you could actually pull it off with ilvl ala terrible though. Can you kill the guy for the quest further down the line in terrible gear?
    I think you can do this grouped with other rogues on the same quest. Then again I may be wrong.

Updated the post a bit!

EDIT:

Still no Sticky?
    Last edited by Tekloth; 2011-11-30 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    I watched a stream where they split up into two 10-mans, that's why I was unsure. Hope it's not hotfixed before 4.3 hits EU, my guild has 3-4 rogues who wants to get the asap.
    in 389 gear i just faceroll dps him, interrupt his big nuke. left with full hp. pretty sure any ZG alt can take care of him.

Also important to note, that its 12 hrs offline now, unless my ring is lying to me. I decided to do the mind number 12hr grind this afternoon instead of last night post pickpocket, and logged in to find my ring showing only 2hrs remaining on the cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inimicus View Post
    Also important to note, that its 12 hrs offline now, unless my ring is lying to me. I decided to do the mind number 12hr grind this afternoon instead of last night post pickpocket, and logged in to find my ring showing only 2hrs remaining on the cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekloth View Post
    10. What materials are required to complete the quest chain?
    For phase 1, you need to pick pocket Hagara for a [Cryptomancer's Decoder Ring], 10.000g to obtain the [Charging Decoder Ring] and 12 hours of real time (NOTE: not game time) for the quest item to be charged to a [Charged Decoder Ring].
    Actually reading the OP would most likely vastly reduce the number of posts containing already known information in this thread...

EDIT:

I even updated the question to the OP for the sake of it.
    Last edited by Tekloth; 2011-11-30 at 01:33 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IsoLovesYou View Post
    Copied from the wow rogue forums:

"It's very simple. There is NO LIMIT to the number of rogues that can pickpocket. no 12 hour, 15 min, reset raid, nothing.

all you need is for her to despawn for the pockets to refill. that means, pull and wipe.

there are raids selling pickpockets in trade by the dozen. you zone in, pickpocket, turn in quest, leave. the person running the raid aggros her, dies, GY runs back in and she's there again ready for next pickpocket.

obviously the buyer rogues don't get saved."

source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657276305
    Can anybody confirm that this works on EU too?

Quote Originally Posted by Naliek View Post
    Can anybody confirm that this works on EU too?
    Yes it is. Guild on my server selling the decoder rings.

Simply summoning the buyer in (Have Group, Will Travel), Rogue goes up top, pickpockets, unstealths, vanishes, boss despawns, rogue leaves. Next rogue's turn.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelticfox View Post
    Yes it is. Guild on my server selling the decoder rings.

Simply summoning the buyer in (Have Group, Will Travel), Rogue goes up top, pickpockets, unstealths, vanishes, boss despawns, rogue leaves. Next rogue's turn.
    Thanks a lot for the quick answer! I'll go get my ring asap then

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Fastest way to the last boss...

In the last quest on "Jaws of Retribution" (Assasinate Creed), you can reach boss very quickly as in this short video-guide. This is much more easy and faster, than usual way.
    Just prepare Subletly spec for ShadowSteps. And I reccomend kill the boss in Combat build with "Glyph of Blind".
    P.S. All tested in PreLive PTR version and confirmed on live - nothing changes. Daggers for everyone =)

Ok...dumbish question but, is it like FL where you can do the bosses in any order? Or must you do Morchok, Zon'ozz, and Yor'sahj in order before you can access Hagara?

Actually reading the OP would most likely vastly reduce the number of posts containing already known information in this thread...

EDIT:

I even updated the question to the OP for the sake of it.
    I guess your right, there wasn't a lot of point to posting confirmation that it was indeed functioning that way on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so I don't want to look stupid with a repost, but just to be clear, you cannot earn any portion of the daggers in LFR? I had heard from a few other rumors that the 1st versions of the daggers would be obtainable in LFR and that you would have to move onto actual raiding for the shards and what-not for better editions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

That was a PTR Bug,

You can not do any part of the quest in LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    TBH, i expect this to be a bug. I found many posts about this, but there are some already starting to say that this isn't possible anymore. Hotfixed already?
    It is still working, it has not been hotfix'd. Did it for a couple rogues tonight using our lockout from last night.

10. What materials are required to complete the quest chain?
    For phase 1, you need to pick pocket Hagara for a [Cryptomancer's Decoder Ring], 10.000g to obtain the [Charging Decoder Ring] and 12 hours of real time (NOTE: not game time) for the quest item to be charged to a [Charged Decoder Ring]. You then turn in the Ring along with a [Solved Cipher], which you get from using the charged ring to solve a [Singed Cipher] obtained from Corastrazsa in Coldarra. For phase 2, you need 333 [Shadowy Gem], collected from [Elementium Gem Cluster] dropped by the Dragon Soul bosses. Each boss will drop 1 Cluster in 10man, and 2 clusters in 25man mode. A single cluster can contain anywhere from 4 to 8 Shadowy Gems. For phase 3, you need 60 [Elementium Gem Cluster] dropped by the Dragon Soul bosses plus a [Fragment of Deathwing's Jaw] after turning in the Clusters mentioned before.
    In my 25m today, 2 clusters dropped off Ultra, but then 1 cluster dropped from Warmaster. Rare occurrence on 25m? Or a change in Blizz's part that didn't make it on the PTR, but straight to live?

Saw a post on the US forum

''Morchok dropped us 2 Clusters, 12 Gems (6 and 6).
    Warlord dropped us 1 Cluster, 6 gems.
    Yor'sahj dropped us 1 Cluster......2 gems.
    Spine dropped us 2 cluster...9 gems (7 and 2).''

getting 2 gems from a cluster.. wtf?

15+ Year Old Account
    The tier1 daggers - Does the pickpocket item respawn after 15 minutes, or is it 1 pickpocket every lockout?

10+ Year Old Account
    Either something has gone wrong in the implementation of the patch to live servers, or we didn't have enough information about the clusters/gems. I'm assuming that it's the former of those 2. OR (yes, there's always the additional option...) Blizzard did a sneaky change to the drops and decided to not bother informing anyone about it, which wouldn't really be a surprise.

I'll update the OP on this matter after we get blues to confirm if the droprates are bugged or working as intended.

Deleted
    you can do the gilneas part in a group and you can get ganked by other rogues oh yeah the fun i had (not)