Thinking of buying a new computer and need help.

I have about 1500 dollars to spend maximum but would rather spend around 1000. I am probably going to buy the parts through newegg I just need somebody to help me out with which parts to buy. I would like to get a gtx 570 or 580, but I don't know what sort of mother board or power supply I would need for it or anything like that. Any help would be appreciated, I really just play world of warcraft on my computer but I would like to have something very solid that I could stream with if I ever had the desire to.

Sorry about that I didn't know there was a place for this or a post about it. I just need the pc itself I have a nice monitor, mouse, keyboard ect. I know a 570 would be overkill for wow but if I am building one now I would like it to be capable of playing other games in the future.
    Last edited by Jellyxickle; 2011-11-18 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    Moved to "Computer Build Help". (Also, your thread got caught in the spam filter, sorry about that).

First off I would suggest that you pay this thread a visit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-build-Read-me!
    We need to know exactly what your budget should include. Monitor? A Windows 7 license? Keyboard and mouse?

Further, if you only play World of Warcraft there is really no need to get a GTX 570 or a GTX 580, unless you have a resolution much greater than 1920x1080. A GTX 460 or a Radeon 6870 is well enough to max this game out. As for streaming and recording, it is much more important to have a powerful CPU and (for streaming) a powerful upload as well as a powerful service (that allows for say, at least 2-4Mbps - you generally have to pay for anything about 800Kbps).

Looking over at a list of sample builds, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds, I'd suggest something like the Gaming 850 build as a solid choice. If you do rendering, you might want to swap out that P67 board for a Z68 (e.g. the one from the Gaming 1000 build). If you prefer nVidia, you can swap out the GPU for a GTX 560 Ti, but the extra 2GB vRAM on the 6950 might help if you are vRAM starved (resolutions higher than 1080p).

Gaming 850
    MoBo: MSI P67A-G43$109.99 Review
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k$219.99
    RAM: G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz 2x4GB$47.99
    GPU: ASUS DCII Radeon 6950$289.99
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 1TB$59.99
    PSU: XFX CoreEdition PRO 550W$69.99 Review
    Case: Xigmatek Utgard$59.99

Estimated Total Price – $857

Recommended for:
    Gaming build that will take care of almost
    all gaming needs; will exceed in most games
    but lacks the power to cope with really
    demanding titles at max settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Moved to "Computer Build Help". (Also, your thread got caught in the spam filter, sorry about that).

First off I would suggest that you pay this thread a visit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-build-Read-me!
    We need to know exactly what your budget should include. Monitor? A Windows 7 license? Keyboard and mouse?

Further, if you only play World of Warcraft there is really no need to get a GTX 570 or a GTX 580, unless you have a resolution much greater than 1920x1080. A GTX 460 or a Radeon 6870 is well enough to max this game out. As for streaming and recording, it is much more important to have a powerful CPU and (for streaming) a powerful upload as well as a powerful service (that allows for say, at least 2-4Mbps - you generally have to pay for anything about 800Kbps).

Looking over at a list of sample builds, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds, I'd suggest something like the Gaming 850 build as a solid choice. If you do rendering, you might want to swap out that P67 board for a Z68 (e.g. the one from the Gaming 1000 build). If you prefer nVidia, you can swap out the GPU for a GTX 560 Ti, but the extra 2GB vRAM on the 6950 might help if you are vRAM starved (resolutions higher than 1080p).
    A 6950 on a 550w PSU (regardless of the bronze rating) is really toying with fire. That build should at least be updated with something more capable to avoid component damage.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    A 6950 on a 550w PSU (regardless of the bronze rating) is really toying with fire. That build should at least be updated with something more capable to avoid component damage.
    Bronze rating has to do with efficiency, not the amount of power it can push. The listed computer will pull around 380-420W on full load without overclocks, and the listed PSU can push well above that (the 12V rail is listed for ~530W). It doesn't give much headroom for upgrades, but these are after all sample builds.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-11-18 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Bronze rating has to do with efficiency, not the amount of power it can push. The listed computer will pull around 380-420W on full load without overclocks, and the listed PSU can push well above that (the 12V rail is listed for ~530W). It doesn't give much headroom for upgrades, but these are after all sample builds.
    I understand that, but the ratings are usually indicative of the overall quality due to the certification process. Either way, under load that thing is going to be running pretty hot.

Also, why would you include an unlocked CPU in a build that doesn't have a power supply to handle it?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    I understand that, but the ratings are usually indicative of the overall quality due to the certification process. Either way, under load that thing is going to be running pretty hot.
    Not much hotter than any other PSU would (or well, it depends largely on what fan and heat dissipation method they use). The XFX Core/PRO series of PSUs are well recommended (so I see no reason why heat would be an issue for that particular model) and the one listed in that build has enough juice to run it. 100W leeway is more than enough.

Also, why would you include an unlocked CPU in a build that doesn't have a power supply to handle it?
    It's not sufficient to handle a 5.0GHz overclock, no, but it will handle a 4.5Ghz (average) overclock just fine. With 100W leeway, it is enough to run that system unless you have a plethora of fans and like 10 HDDs. Also, note how I said max load - this is nowhere near the amount of power the system will use in your average game. In for example Crysis, this particular system will struggle to use even 300W.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-11-18 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    btw did you include that the HDD is bout 100$ more now? If not well here it is ;D

Thanks for the help guys.