Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Archaeology race number 10!

So I've tried to get some information from a Gamemaster about the 10th race, I firstly asked if he could say it. he said there "isn't" a race "yet". So i asked, why the "isn't" and "yet". He said: Well because i can't tell you. I asked: Is it a placeholder? He said: Well kind off. Then lastly i asked: Could it be that it unlocks when you've got every rare ? or every artifact? then he said: Okay it's best if i leave > else you might get some information unwanted. I laughed :P

So, what do you think it is? Any information?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it is anything until they add the new archaeology stuff from Mists of Pandaria. You won't be required to have each rare before you get the next one I'd say atleast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I don't think it is anything until they add the new archaeology stuff from Mists of Pandaria. You won't be required to have each rare before you get the next one I'd say atleast.
    Yes, but it's there since archaeology exists. the plans of mists of pandaria weren't back then.

Deleted
    Game masters are regular players, they know as much about the game as anyone else. They dont work at blizzard and do not know what the developers talk about at the HQ. They work for blizzard, not at blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    Game masters are regular players, they know as much about the game as anyone else. They dont work at blizzard and do not know what the developers talk about at the HQ. They work for blizzard, not at blizzard.
    But they do have the information about every aspect in the game. How else would they be able to help?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    But they do have the information about every aspect in the game. How else would they be able to help?
    They know alot of information because thats what they do. They know alot of things that is currently in the game. But a regular player can know such things too, that information is not restricted. What most GMs dont know is whats on the developing desk.

Edit
    To clarify about GMs, there are several ranks of GMs. There is a leader or a set of leaders that work at blizzard. But only a few. Than there are veteran GMs and there is fairly new GMs. What you can do and what info you can retrive is based on your rank. Most Gms, as I said, are just regular players.
    If you are lucky on the other hand and that your previous GM sended your ticket above in the ladder you might be contacted with a more "powerful" GM.
    Last edited by mmoc410448ef5d; 2011-11-18 at 01:23 PM.

Deleted
    That icon has always looked like a Pandaren in a hat with a staff on his back to me, and they had intentions to add the race at some point anyway, so makes sense really.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    That icon has always looked like a Pandaren in a hat with a staff on his back to me, and they had intentions to add the race at some point anyway, so makes sense really.
    Totally agree with this +1.
    Into MoP beta, working on new gold blog, watch this space!

"Get every artifact and you unlock this!" <--- stupidest rumor ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Yes, but it's there since archaeology exists. the plans of mists of pandaria weren't back then.
    They have mentioned it previously as to how they do the expacs so in actuality it is highly likely that they were working on MoP before Cata launched.
    From what I remember reading the way they do it is when TBC was launched they were already working on Wrath when Wrath launched they were already working on Cata and as I'm sure you guessed when Cata launched they were already working on MoP. They start work on the next expac prior to the newest one launching because of how much time and work go into making them. It takes like 2-3 years per expac I believe. So when they were doing archy they knew that pandaren were gonna be in the game not to mention they said at blizzcon that they were planned for TBC so I think they knew they would be in game.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I hate this statement. Zoom in and look closely, it's a freaking backpack/knapsack, with an indiana jones hat, a mining hatchet and a pickaxe and some other tools you'd use for excavating. Urgh.....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'm guessing that the Mogu will be the new Archeology "race" in Pandaria.

The mogu are a powerful magical race. In the distant past, mogu warlords ruled Pandaria, keeping the gentle pandaren as their slaves. They ruled with a no-weapon policy, but the pandaren, through tenacity, diplomacy, and a unique form of unarmed combat, staged a successful revolution that deposed the mogu and established a pandaren empire that would prosper for thousands of years. After millennia of prosperous rule by the pandaren, the mogu have returned to reclaim control of Pandaria.
    Source: Blizzcon 2011 - Dungeons and Raid Panel, via Wowpedia.

Sounds about right.
    Last edited by Sahjar; 2011-11-19 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I hate this statement. Zoom in and look closely, it's a freaking backpack/knapsack, with an indiana jones hat, a mining hatchet and a pickaxe and some other tools you'd use for excavating. Urgh.....
    Not sure if correcting a legitimately confused poster, or just got trolled.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Not sure if correcting a legitimately confused poster, or just got trolled.
    doesn't matter. Corrected poster.

OT: I think its just placeholder in case they wanted to add more during Cata, which they didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Thats your perception of it, not mine.

its a fedora hat and a pick...think Indiana Jones...just regular archaeology stuff

I bet they were actually.

This isn't a subjective issue, it's a collection of archaeology tools, not a Pandaren. There is no debate about this. It is not an issue such as whether Cataclysm is a good expansion or not, based off opinions, it is an issue such as the value of the number 4, it will always be between 3 and 5 no matter how much you want it to be somewhere else.
    This has never been a mystery, it's always just been a placeholder icon meaning "we might add more races later".

Chances aren't that bad they were planning MoP back then already.
    Then you might want to get glasses.

It's not a race symbol, it's just a "hey there's free space, let's put something there" graphic. It's not even a placeholder for anything.
    And yes, it's just a backpack, a hat and some tools. I'm not even sure how one can confuse it for anything else as they aren't exactly hard to make out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Chances aren't that bad they were planning MoP back then already.

Then you might want to get glasses.

It's not a race symbol, it's just a "hey there's free space, let's put something there" graphic. It's not even a placeholder for anything.
    And yes, it's just a backpack, a hat and some tools. I'm not even sure how one can confuse it for anything else as they aren't exactly hard to make out.
    Remember the thread with the Blizzcon promo poster that made out the Pandaren eye's? Yeh, just saying.