10+ Year Old Account

In game relationship possible with players too?

I read up and saw the fact you can have relationships in game with companions. Does this also take effect with other players.

As in can you be seen to be in a relationship player with player? Or does it have to be computer NPCs?
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Yep, you can cyber all the girls you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Yep, you can cyber all the girls you want.
    Nope, not meaning that.

Meaning if both me and the GF played this. Is it possible to have it so that in game they are as a couple... not in terms of roleplaying, as that's not like us. But labelled as such instead. IE in statistics somewhere *is coupled with*.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    Nope, not meaning that.

Meaning if both me and the GF played this. Is it possible to have it so that in game they are as a couple... not in terms of roleplaying, as that's not like us. But labelled as such instead. IE in statistics somewhere *is coupled with*.
    No. This isn't facebook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corjha View Post
    No. This isn't facebook.
    Wow, nice pair of half arsed hostile replies tonight. Just the "no /10 chars" would of sufficed. Guess having a gf, and a gf into gaming is a no go for some peeps.

No need to be arsey. You got your responce. And why should it matter if you and your girlfriend have an official in-game relationship? Its a roleplay game, use your imagination!

Quote Originally Posted by Corjha View Post
    No. This isn't The Sims.
    Fixed.

/wrote10char

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's cool and all to have relationships with NPC characters, who have default responses to everything, but heaven forbid you want to have a relationship with a real person? No wonder most gamers are single.

OP, I think this would be a neat idea. I really don't see how it would be a problem. FFXI allowed character marriages, so why not something similar in TOR? I'm sure they could find a way to make it a perk, without it being a requirement. As in, people NOT in a relationship wouldn't feel the need to 'team up' with someone just to get the upper hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    So it's cool and all to have relationships with NPC characters, who have default responses to everything, but heaven forbid you want to have a relationship with a real person? No wonder most gamers are single.

OP, I think this would be a neat idea. I really don't see how it would be a problem. FFXI allowed character marriages, so why not something similar in TOR? I'm sure they could find a way to make it a perk, without it being a requirement. As in, people NOT in a relationship wouldn't feel the need to 'team up' with someone just to get the upper hand.
    Ah I'm not going crazy then in terms of what may have been an OK thought/idea.

Nearly had given up on the thread with the first, to be honest ignorant, responses. Which in turn lead me to be "arsey" towards "arsey" people.

Yeah would be nice for some kind of transfer between what you can do with NPCs right now, and use it towards another player. Marriage, relationship any of that sort of stuff really. Without having to yourself, go through "having" to roleplay out a whole scenario, as not into going that far into it as such really.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The guys who replied were a bit blunt with it, it is nice to be nice after all bros.

It isn't a feature that I would support but I wouldn't oppose it either. Personally the whole point of it would be to roleplay the situation and since you don't want to go that far into it, it would simply be a piece of text associated with the character.

I should note that I have no interest in romancing my companions either, it just isn't something that interests me in anyway but I'm not everyone and people can have their own opinion.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed