Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I don't get all the hate. It's not a great vampire movie, it's a teen romance movie. I watched it and to be honest it wasn't that bad.
    Why all the nitpicking? There are a million worse movies, Twilight didn't butcher the book (Eragon anyone), The acting isn't that bad (Eragon anyone) and it atleast makes enough sense that you can follow the story pretty easily and theres not any really obvious plot holes (if you look hard enough, they're there though)
    Those fucking 8 year olds with the fucking "Team Fuckface" shirts shit me though. Hate the crazy ass kids who go sick for whatever every other fad following tween does.
    Don't just hop on the hate train because it's the cool thing to do, then you're no better than those batshit insane kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Druit View Post
    I can't believe the fourth Twilight movie is out already! It seems like just yesterday that I didn't give a shit about the first one.
    LOL. Post of the day.

As for me, I'll see the new Twilight when they incorporate this scene into it:

Quote Originally Posted by Mintiez View Post
    I don't get all the hate. It's not a great vampire movie, it's a teen romance movie. I watched it and to be honest it wasn't that bad.
    Why all the nitpicking? There are a million worse movies, Twilight didn't butcher the book (Eragon anyone), The acting isn't that bad (Eragon anyone) and it atleast makes enough sense that you can follow the story pretty easily and theres not any really obvious plot holes (if you look hard enough, they're there though)
    Those fucking 8 year olds with the fucking "Team Fuckface" shirts shit me though. Hate the crazy ass kids who go sick for whatever every other fad following tween does.
    Don't just hop on the hate train because it's the cool thing to do, then you're no better than those batshit insane kids.
    It's not the *WORST* movie ever, it's bad sure, but not the worst, I agree. The fact some teen girl's think this is the best thing ever baffles me, the things it teaches is also baffling, falling in love with a baby? I mean really? The fans are what makes the hate so strong, the fans are probably the most obnoxious I've seen, and that's saying a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintiez View Post
    I agree. They aren't the worst movies of all time but they are by no means a great film. I don't see why everyone hates them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It's not the *WORST* movie ever, it's bad sure, but not the worst, I agree. The fact some teen girl's think this is the best thing ever baffles me, the things it teaches is also baffling, falling in love with a baby? I mean really? The fans are what makes the hate so strong, the fans are probably the most obnoxious I've seen, and that's saying a lot.
    Well, you hate but still know the plot... What does this tell about you?

Imho, I'm on the same boat as the guy above who said it's a comedy. I admit, I saw the movies, and had a good laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

simply put: gay
    or for the new kids: emo

Deleted
    The talking wolf scene made me shit brix.

10+ Year Old Account
    no....the only reason i like it is because taylor lautner taking off his shirt (sad i know >.< )

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    It's cool to hate, that's all.

I read all the books, I liked the movies. I'll go see it.
    This. Because it's a big deal, people also have to make a big deal out of how much they dislike it so they can show everyone how "cool" they are. As I've mentioned in other posts on this topic, those of you who bash on Twilight because it's a vampire romance story as opposed to non stop blood, guts, and gore, would criticize several older vampire movies and tv shows for the same reason. The part of vampire lore that so many forget, is that they are traditionally portrayed as THE image of sexy and that is how they attract their "victims". Different stories take that in different directions though and many modern day movies ignore it altogether in favor of going the blood/action route instead. The original Dracula with Bela Lugosi was in black and white and as I recall, you see no blood at all.

Does Twilight have it's faults? Sure it does. I personally enjoyed the books and the other movies and will get this one when it comes out on blu ray as well though. (haven't gone to a movie in the theater since my daughter was born and as she's still not old enough to stay home by herself, wont be seeing this one in theaters either)

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Well, you hate but still know the plot... What does this tell about you?

Imho, I'm on the same boat as the guy above who said it's a comedy. I admit, I saw the movies, and had a good laugh.
    That I actually look into things besides hating them for no reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I'm going to see it. It's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. Hell, maybe I'll even enjoy it.

I've a huge crush on Kristen Stewart

oh no stop enjoying things
    You have terrible taste in women.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    As for the no shirt scene..... You jelly?
    Anyone who says something totally retarded like "you jelly" really shouldn't waste their time contributing IMO.

Movies(Twilight Breaking Dawn fans Part 1)

At the box office breaking dawn is number one with an record of 139,500,000 sales. This thread is devoted to all the twightlight series. Feel free to discuss any of the earlier movies. I thought the suspense leading up to this one was very wicked. They had an army of new blood vampires and teamed up with the werewolf's Jacob to take them earlier in the saga.

What did you think of breaking dawn?

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged to the existing thread about this film.

Also: No more meme's or junk posts please. Post constructively or move on.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-11-20 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Too many people insecure about their own sexuality in this thread.

The Twilight movies are a good way to treat your gf on a date, which I'll be doing this weekend.
    You assume all Girls like Twilight? I can tell you now I can't stand it, terrible writing and terrible acting, I've not seen the movies in full but I have watched bits out of curiosity and I've read bits of the books too, how they managed to get so popular and then made in to movies really is beyond me.

I could ramble on about how bad Twilight is but other have already made pretty good posts summing up why it is bad.

So no I won't be going to see it, though I know a lot of people who will including my Mother and Sister so no doubt I'll be hearing how "fantastic" it is from them, that's enough for me.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    This. Because it's a big deal, people also have to make a big deal out of how much they dislike it so they can show everyone how "cool" they are. As I've mentioned in other posts on this topic, those of you who bash on Twilight because it's a vampire romance story as opposed to non stop blood, guts, and gore, would criticize several older vampire movies and tv shows for the same reason. The part of vampire lore that so many forget, is that they are traditionally portrayed as THE image of sexy and that is how they attract their "victims". Different stories take that in different directions though and many modern day movies ignore it altogether in favor of going the blood/action route instead. The original Dracula with Bela Lugosi was in black and white and as I recall, you see no blood at all.

Does Twilight have it's faults? Sure it does. I personally enjoyed the books and the other movies and will get this one when it comes out on blu ray as well though. (haven't gone to a movie in the theater since my daughter was born and as she's still not old enough to stay home by herself, wont be seeing this one in theaters either)
    The problem is there seems to be a growing "Vampire" fad, with how the current media treats Vampires.
    Vampires were not made out to be in some teenage romance drama, but the media keeps incorporating them.
    I really want you to go ahead and tell me how that sparkly, emotional vampirism (and werewolves too!) has anything to do with how the original vampires and werewolves were made to be. This book/movie series (and generally, this growing fad) simply do no justice, that's why people hate on it.

Every scene in the movie went on twice as long as it should have. It was very slow and boring, my only enjoyment came from the fathers speech in the wedding scene. (I know he'll be a good husband...... because I'm a cop....... and I have a gun"). Everything else was horrible. The movie turns itself into a complete joke too when the werewolves gather and start to talk. Looks completely dumb and ridiculous. And I understand that this particular book wasn't supposed to be action packed or anything, but as a director it's supposed to be your job to make this watchable, even if it means tweaking the story slightly. He completely fails at this aspect.
    Although I still can't seem to figure out why two guys are completely in love and fighting over a girl who is the definition of "bitch" and is completely undesirable in every way possible. My guess? Author is a bitch who wants to make girls such as herself look like guys oogle over them. But whatever...
    All in all, I'm just writing this because it sucked, and I'm dreading that my girlfriend will force me to watch part 2 also. FML

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post

Let me help you out here. Almost all of the "hate" has nothing to do with its portrayal of vampires or werewolves. I has nothing to do with wanting blood and guts. It has everything to do with the cultural obsession that these books have stirred up. For some reason there are thousands (if not millions) of fans of what is essentially a novelization of a early middle aged woman's masturbatory fantasies. These books are so poorly written and packed so full half literate ramblings that one could almost expect to find the entire story scrawled on the wall of an 8th grade girls bathroom stall.

Stephanie Meyers hasn't dumbed down any kind of occult cannon in her vampire or werewolf characters, she has dumbed down readers and their expectations with her entire cast of clownishly melodramatic and mentally ill morons. To quote the Walter Chaw review I linked earlier (and again here: http://filmfreakcentral.net/screenreviews/twilight4.htm) "It's the chick version of Michael Bay's filmography; watch it in conjunction with Transformers: Asshole for a pretty clear portrait of everything that's wrong with us--and of how Idiocracy wasn't funny, because it was a documentary."