Thread: The VIP Lounge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered the CE and in no way do I feel that I've been cheated by BioWare. Allowing the access for others to the vip lounge BUT keeping the vendor strictly for CE owners? Big freaking deal.

Official forums are full of idiot CE people who have this incredible arrogance over people who have a normal version of the game. Serves them right, honestly. I am tasting their tears and I only have one word for it:

Delicious!
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    At one point they need to open the CE vendor to everyone. How is another question. Maybe as a reward for something stellar ingame, or an upgrade to the account that brings it on par to CE or something. But forever producing new content for a very limited part of the playerbase is stupid.

Also, why the hell would I buy ths thing without having access to the vendor in the first place? I suspect they are thinking about ways to opening it to other players.
    Erm, no, they shouldn't. You want the CE stuff, order the freaking CE like the rest of us. NO other MMO I've ever played has done this; why should TOR? (Note: I order the CE of every MMO that releases it...I have a freaking WALL of silly action figures and statues that these games come with lol.) Besides, it's not like anything from the CE store is REQUIRED to play the game. They're perks for those of us who bother to spend the extra money. You don't spend the money, you don't get the items, simple as that.

Deleted
    TBH that is A LOT of credits. I barely can afford my mount at 25, its 48k credits!!! I had like 25k and i was selling on market and such. I really don't think ppl should over react to this. CE get it for real money, and from the start. So come on :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Considering we had to pay $150 for the CE, they BETTER not be able to hit up our vendors.

I really see no point in allowing 'normal' people into the VIP area. If you can't use the vendors, there's really no point. And if you CAN use the vendors, I'm canceling my CE pre-order.
    Way to go buddy. You pay 150$ for the CE because of that exclusive statue. If you don't know why, look it up.

But if you think you have to cancel your preorder because people that aren't you can get their hands on some virtual (and from a gameplay perspective pretty useless) stuff, then please do it now. I need to get my hands on one of this boxes, and I gladly take yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to go buddy. You pay 150$ for the CE because of that exclusive statue. If you don't know why, look it up.

But if you think you have to cancel your preorder because people that aren't you can get their hands on some virtual (and from a gameplay perspective pretty useless) stuff, then please do it now. I need to get my hands on one of this boxes, and I gladly take yours.
    Well, I'm happy in my knowledge that you currently do not own one, nor will you have access to the CE vendor. So I won't be canceling anytime soon.

I don't really care about the statue. Take the statue out, I'd still pay $150 for the CE. If you can't afford it, or get ahold of one, that sucks. I pre-ordered mine as soon as they released the info on it. First come, first served.

It's the exact same with all of the WoW CEs. You pay extra for the ingame pet, and the other things (art book, sound track, etc) that come with it. The in-game pets are yours and yours alone; nobody else will ever see them themselves unless they buy the CE. It comes with the territory. Why you would ever think this stuff would at any point be available to people who didn't order the CE is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    C.R.E.A.M

Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Pretty much sums up the mentality of a lot of the CE's. Pretty sad, especially in this down turned economy. I would have gone CE, but I bought my copy via Origin because I wanted a DD that I could download anytime. It was not made public SWTOR would provide the client as well at that time.

So before you go spouting out how awesome you are, you should consider other factors than the size of your wallet.

So awesome that the community is already split pre-launch...

Deleted
    Well, I'm happy in my knowledge that you currently do not own one, nor will you have access to the CE vendor. So I won't be canceling anytime soon.

I don't really care about the statue. Take the statue out, I'd still pay $150 for the CE. If you can't afford it, or get ahold of one, that sucks. I pre-ordered mine as soon as they released the info on it. First come, first served.

It's the exact same with all of the WoW CEs. You pay extra for the ingame pet, and the other things (art book, sound track, etc) that come with it. The in-game pets are yours and yours alone; nobody else will ever see them themselves unless they buy the CE. It comes with the territory. Why you would ever think this stuff would at any point be available to people who didn't order the CE is beyond me.
    Don't get your hopes up. I just didn't preorder the CE because I wasn't interested in the game. Then I got invited to the beta.

I will try to get hold of a CE though. I'll let you know once I have one. Maybe we can get an exclusive drink in our exclusive bar, bought from our exclusive vendor, then get a boner about how exclusive we'll be compared to all the low lifes down there in Coruscant's slums.

I still can't tell if this is real elitist attitude or some sort of pretend ironic attitude at being able to access an exclusive area / vender.

Actually it would be sort of awesome if that lounge became the goldshire of TOR... Lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    C.R.E.A.M

Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Pretty much sums up the mentality of a lot of the CE's. Pretty sad, especially in this down turned economy. I would have gone CE, but I bought my copy via Origin because I wanted a DD that I could download anytime. It was not made public SWTOR would provide the client as well at that time.

So before you go spouting out how awesome you are, you should consider other factors than the size of your wallet.

So awesome that the community is already split pre-launch...
    To be fair, this arrogant and superficial behaviour is just human nature.
    The one really at fault here is EA. There is a big difference between a vanity pet like in WoW orcollectors content, the physical kind, and an "awesome, exclusive ingame area with a special vendor who is awesomely discriminate against people who are not in the cool kids club".
    I wish I did not have to support a despicable company like EA with my money but there is no way around it, since they do publish quite a number of awesome games :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get your hopes up. I just didn't preorder the CE because I wasn't interested in the game. Then I got invited to the beta.

I will try to get hold of a CE though. I'll let you know once I have one. Maybe we can get an exclusive drink in our exclusive bar, bought from our exclusive vendor, then get a boner about how exclusive we'll be compared to all the low lifes down there in Coruscant's slums.
    I don't feel like it makes me better than everyone else because I shelled out the bucks for it. Far from it. I spent the extra money because I want to support the company. (Bioware...EA can go die in a hole.) Getting the CE Vendor is a nice bonus. I'm not going to rub it in people's faces just because I have access to a vendor full of basically useless junk. I'm sure I'll have a blast with whatever's on the vendor, maybe for the first few weeks or so. But I'll be busy leveling, just like everyone else, doing all the same things they are. Only difference is, I paid twice as much to get the same experience they are having. Does it make me feel like a special snowflake? Sure. But nothing to e-peen flex over.

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    There is a big difference between a vanity pet like in WoW orcollectors content, the physical kind, and an "awesome, exclusive ingame area with a special vendor who is awesomely discriminate against people who are not in the cool kids club".
    Except that the CE vendor is supposed to only sell cosmetic items. It's not game breaking gear or anything along those lines (have not confirmed, since even though I am in Beta and have a CE, I still can't access the VIP area).

Access to the lounge = useless

Access to the vendors = actually a good idea

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering we had to pay $150 for the CE, they BETTER not be able to hit up our vendors.
    I'd be a little unhappy about this too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollis View Post
    Except that the CE vendor is supposed to only sell cosmetic items. It's not game breaking gear or anything along those lines (have not confirmed, since even though I am in Beta and have a CE, I still can't access the VIP area).
    It is still a rather hard-boiled, money-grubbing concept, especially when it comes to online games and the fact that even vanity items and cosmetic gear are valuable to everyone, at least to some degree or other.
    EA was on the forefront of exploiting this with single player games already but online games are a different calibre...not acceptable, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    To be fair, this arrogant and superficial behaviour is just human nature.
    The one really at fault here is EA. There is a big difference between a vanity pet like in WoW orcollectors content, the physical kind, and an "awesome, exclusive ingame area with a special vendor who is awesomely discriminate against people who are not in the cool kids club".
    I wish I did not have to support a despicable company like EA with my money but there is no way around it, since they do publish quite a number of awesome games :-(
    I agree and my statement is more aimed at CE's pissed that anyone can gain access to the lounge. I do feel the vendor should stay CE specific as the items are purely cosmetic and that is what CE rewards should be about. But many CE's are bitching they dont want any non CE to even have access to the lounge which is just plain silly for many reasons and Im really tired of hearing the money excuse as if the physical items had nothing to do with the actual CE cost.

Personally I wonder how long till big box stores with unsold copies of the CE will start discounting them...$150 is ridiculous of course, but if they cut that down to $80 or so after several months, then it's half tempting...

I really see no point in allowing 'normal' people into the VIP area. If you can't use the vendors, there's really no point. And if you CAN use the vendors, I'm canceling my CE pre-order.
    You realize the majority extra money was mostly for the actual physical items you recieved. Not the extra junk they are going to be putting in the game whether it is restricted to some people or no one.

Just because you placed the value of the $90 extra dollars on digital trinkets you could hold over other people dosn't mean that's actually what all that money went towards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    Personally I wonder how long till big box stores with unsold copies of the CE will start discounting them...$150 is ridiculous of course, but if they cut that down to $80 or so after several months, then it's half tempting...
    I doubt they have any to be honest. Due to the ingame vendor and VIP lounge the CE's went like hotcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    You realize the majority extra money was mostly for the actual physical items you recieved. Not the extra junk they are going to be putting in the game whether it is restricted to some people or no one.

Just because you placed the value of the $90 extra dollars on digital trinkets you could hold over other people dosn't mean that's actually what all that money went towards.
    Just wait until you start seeing those same physical items being sold on Ebay for $300+ by the same CE owners

At one point they need to open the CE vendor to everyone. How is another question. Maybe as a reward for something stellar ingame, or an upgrade to the account that brings it on par to CE or something. But forever producing new content for a very limited part of the playerbase is stupid.

Also, why the hell would I buy ths thing without having access to the vendor in the first place? I suspect they are thinking about ways to opening it to other players.
    Im sure the expansions collectors editions will unlock the vendor for you, so if you didnt buy it right away you can get access to it with a collectors edition of an expansion. I just hope they don't stop adding new items for certain ce editions, if you had to pay 150$ every year or two that would get crazy exp.

you do realize we wont have a stream of shit put onto our vendors as the game patches are released right? we can only buy what Bioware initially already placed onto the vendor .. the only time you will even see a new item added to the vendor would most likely be with a new Expansion CE.

I can care less about the lounge even being in the game, the only reason people by CE copies of any game is to get the unique vanity items that you given or able to get in the game ... if you didnt want to get the CE or DD edition of the game for the vanity items why do many people feel like they need to just magically make it available to those who would of much rather purchase the game at regular price?
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar