Thread: The VIP Lounge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I agree and my statement is more aimed at CE's pissed that anyone can gain access to the lounge. I do feel the vendor should stay CE specific as the items are purely cosmetic and that is what CE rewards should be about. But many CE's are bitching they dont want any non CE to even have access to the lounge which is just plain silly for many reasons and Im really tired of hearing the money excuse as if the physical items had nothing to do with the actual CE cost.
    as a CE owner myself i could careless if everybody has access to the lounge, its just like a nightclub.You got the cover charge come on in, BUT I did pay the CE price for the vendor and think that it should STAY CE because THATS what i paid the extra money for could careless bout the statue(but do want the journal and soundtrack). to give access to everybody would make my purchase meaningless.

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    You realize the majority extra money was mostly for the actual physical items you recieved. Not the extra junk they are going to be putting in the game whether it is restricted to some people or no one.

Just because you placed the value of the $90 extra dollars on digital trinkets you could hold over other people dosn't mean that's actually what all that money went towards.
    I am sorry but when BW put Exclusive Collector’s Edition Store up on their Pre-Order FAQ THATS the reason why I ordered the CE edition. If you did not want the CE edition then you did not want access to the CE store. I as stated in a earlier post I could careless bout the physical stuff i PAID for the CE STORE, if everybody els did not then dhey do not have right to the store.

ou guys want into the Lounge GO FOR it from some screens i saw it looks awsome to hang out in, but leave the CE STORE out of it. you did not pay for it you do not get it.

To all those stating they couldn't care less about all the other goddies in the CE, and purely bought for the VIP lounge and vendor, I propose you this:

Sell your extra collectables online to people who WANT them. Guess what, you can easily mitigate the cost of CE over the digital exclusive easily, and STILL have the vendor all to your self!
    Last edited by Jamber; 2011-11-19 at 12:22 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    you do realize we wont have a stream of shit put onto our vendors as the game patches are released right? we can only buy what Bioware initially already placed onto the vendor .. the only time you will even see a new item added to the vendor would most likely be with a new Expansion CE.

I can care less about the lounge even being in the game, the only reason people by CE copies of any game is to get the unique vanity items that you given or able to get in the game ... if you didnt want to get the CE or DD edition of the game for the vanity items why do many people feel like they need to just magically make it available to those who would of much rather purchase the game at regular price?
    Get your facts straight before trying to jump someone.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111021

Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    To all those stating they couldn't care less about all the other goddies in the CE, and purely bought for the VIP lounge and vendor, I propose you this:

Sell your extra collectables online to people who WANT them. Guess what, you can easily mitigate the cost of CE over the digital exclusive easily, and STILL have the vendor all to your self!
    i would gladly sell the statue to anybody that wants it, i really wanted the journal sound track and the CE Store if anybody wants the statue its theirs lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the CE and I'm perfectly okay with this. I didn't buy it to show off to anyone else, I bought it for me. By the time the game has been out for a couple of months to a year, most will have moved passed the awe of the VIP lounge any way. I know I probably won't even step foot in there.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-11-19 at 01:15 PM.

Meh, I don't care about the Vip lounge or the supposed Vip lounge vendor (different from the CE vendor) that is there. As long as the vendor stays exclusive, it's all good.

The way I see it, Bioware could go two ways:

1. Reward the loyal CE customers by never allowing others to buy (real world money) into the CE vendor, thus increasing the incentive to order a CE.

2. Allow the DDE and SE customers to buy the store with real world money because there is a lot of interest in it and that would generate a nice revenue stream.

If it is #1, my CE purchase would have even more value to me, because it would make the CE store items rare and 'collectible'.

If it is #2, Bioware would be able to justify putting more dev time into producing content for the store and would increase the amount of things I could purchase.

As long as Bioware doesn't just give access to the CE store away for a nominal fee, let people purchase the store separate from the CE.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pff some CE elitist scrubs on all forums :/

I wish I could afford the CE. Not because of the vendor or lounge area. But what is inside the box. True SW fans bought CE to support the game and the physical items beacuse those are the items you can proudly display on your collection. Wannabe SW fans bought it for the sparkly ingame cosmetic items beacause they can flex their e-peens.

Wait I'm a bit confused.

I preordered a long time ago, so yea.

The Digital Deluxe Edition, what's that? Is that the $60 box? Or was there something in between the normal $60 box and the CE? And DDE people get this lounge thing too?

Edit: Nevermind, I just think I realized that "Digital" Deluxe Edition means the people who bought it off Origin. Am I right or what?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Digital Deluxe Edition( DDE) is the $80 downloadable option between the standard edition and the CE. It does not get the VIP room.

Nifty comparison chart - http://buy.swtor.com/us/

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    The Digital Deluxe Edition( DDE) is the $80 downloadable option between the standard edition and the CE. It does not get the VIP room.

http://buy.swtor.com/us/
    Yes it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Yes it does.
    No it doesn't.

The VIP lounge comes with the CE only. Anyone else can get a bracelet by paying 1M credits to get access to the room only, but only CE owners can use the vendor inside it.

Really It's on their site if you look at the link. Only the CE comes with access to the VIP area.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-11-19 at 04:26 PM.

No it doesn't.

the VIP lounge is for CE only...
    See the pic in the 1st post.

Both CE and DDE owners can get to the VIP lounge

No it doesn't.

the VIP lounge is for CE and anyone else can pay 1M credits to get into it. only CE owners can use the vendor inside it.
    Digital Deluxe Edition gives acces to the VIP Lounge, but not the Vendor.

Really It's on their site if you look at the link. Only the CE comes with access to the VIP area.
    Just look at the picture in the first post like RevanSparda said, you'll see you're wrong.
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2011-11-19 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... it wasn't like that before.
    Comment withdrawn.

(HIMYM) BOOM lawyered!

Now, if they had given a free 1 million with the digital deluxe I'd of bought it, but honestly access to a silly lounge people? I'm amazed by how upset some people can get over something so trivial. If anyone bought the CE just for the lounge I pity the fool.

There's a dev post that says only CE owners will get access to the vendors.
    #TeamTinkers

10+ Year Old Account
    Myeh, as a CE preorder, I'm actually very happy that other people will be getting into the lounge. This is mostly because my GF who I plan to play with, did NOT order the CE, but has an amazing ability to make stupid amount of money fast in MMO's... I don't ask how she does it.. I think it's best I don't know...

But now she'll be able to join me while I chill in the lounge all good in the hood.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    And here are two little posts on the official forums, by a calm poster:

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalin
    Devs misspeak all the time. The simple fact that the official announcement, here on SWTOR.com: http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110721 and again on:http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111021

NO where in either OFFICIAL (I stress that) does it say the lounge is exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalin
    The actual advertisement isn't wrong. That's the bottom line. If you look at any of the advertisments on here, ebgames.com, amazon.com, etc none of them say the lounge is exclusive, just the store.

http://www.ebgames.com/pc/games/star...-edition/92635

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Repu...1726055&sr=8-2

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Star+Wars%3A+The+Old+Republic+Collector's+Edition+-+Windows/3039119.p?id=1218376383907&skuId=3039119&st=Star Wars the old republic&lp=1&cp=1

Look none of the advertisements are wrong ... OH well. Keep being bothered by the most infinitesimally small detail about a CE of a video game