Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New Flashpoint: Hammer Station

BW was kind enough to tell us about a new Flashpoint

http://www.oldrepublic.net/226-s-tim...r-station.html
    Looking really cool if you ask me

Deleted
    Niceee, can't wait to see more flashpoints and operations !

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the story elements add so much to this game...

I could only find this video for it

It's short though, sound effects are cool .. music awesome as always.

Deleted
    That's a nice video to be honest, i like it. But ... it's just me, or that guy don't have all spells on the action bars

i did this during the beta weekend. we had two 14s and two 15s, and overall we got stomped. The quest for it was orange so dont do it at to low of a level orange means you're going to die. Overall it was fairly fun we did end up completing it after about 2-3 hours, but it was not trivial. i will answer questions if you have them.

I should just come in and comment on how amazing yet another Flashpoint looks but I can't help but notice how the character in the video runs like a goon.....made my night it has !
    Seriously though this game just keeps wow'ing me, playing through beta and have two Sith toons in their 20's and it's all just...amazing so far.

Deleted
    I just love it It's awesome

I fraps'd the entire final encounter with my Merc BH from this past weekend. If there is interest I can attempt to get it uploaded to youtube for people to see.

I played this last weekend. Had three level 16s and one 17. We got up to the third boss and couldn't get any further. The first boss was really easy, second boss you have to take out two really strong adds then the boss.

Third boss is a nightmare. He throws mines everywhere that do tons of damage, does a really strong barrage skill, summons adds, and sometimes throws a shield up that throws back melee tanks. Probably some other stuff that I'm missing too. Oh, and there isn't a lot of room to move around. He can be reset, but the run back is like 15mins if you die.

I second that the run back on the 3rd boss is ridiculously long. we wiped ~3 times before downing him. Ultimately his mechanics are pretty straight forward and beating him isn't too difficult once everyoen is on the same page: Everyone (and tank!!) must avoid his barage fire (it's a straight forward beam of fire, pretty easy to see), he throws grenades at ranged that pulse before they explode, pretty easy to avoid. And the 2 dps must pick up the adds as soon as they spawn (they die fast but they hit hard and usually aggro on the heals right away - tanks don't have a "taunt" mechanic, at least not at ~17). I honestly didn't notice any level of difficulty in this flash point prior to the final boss.

The biggest issue I had was the mines. As a melee tank it as hard for me to keep aggro on the boss when the mines were at his feet and he wouldn't move. I think it would've been a lot easier had I been a ranged tank. That and I think my dps were standing in the barrage everytime.

10+ Year Old Account
    My group beat it twice our only hiccup was the last boss then again, we had a marauder tank, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    The biggest issue I had was the mines. As a melee tank it as hard for me to keep aggro on the boss when the mines were at his feet and he wouldn't move. I think it would've been a lot easier had I been a ranged tank. That and I think my dps were standing in the barrage everytime.
    don't underestimate the adds either. they chew through healers like water through paper. shocking to see how faster our healer's health would drop with them on him.

I like how they cheatproof most bosses, they reset pretty easily when you try to 'work around' their mechanics.

The most challenging part was the disappearing bridge right before the last boss, that combined with the 6 minute run back we spent an hour before the kill....
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    Last boss was a pain. The boss kept resetting on us at 1%. Be careful of where you party is standing... if they stand outside the doorway the boss will reset.

With a Sith Warrior Tank its pretty straight forward:

1. Back to the computer console so you don't get knocked around.

2. Move if he puts a grenade in front of you.

3. Put your guard on the healer so you absorb a lot of his damage.

4. Use your taunt on the boss when he changes his aggro to absorb more dmg from the targeted player with barrage on him.

Follow these and don't reset the boss and its a cake walk. I had no problems holding aggro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaine123 View Post
    Last boss was a pain. The boss kept resetting on us at 1%. Be careful of where you party is standing... if they stand outside the doorway the boss will reset.

With a Sith Warrior Tank its pretty straight forward:

1. Back to the computer console so you don't get knocked around.

2. Move if he puts a grenade in front of you.

3. Put your guard on the healer so you absorb a lot of his damage.

4. Use your taunt on the boss when he changes his aggro to absorb more dmg from the targeted player with barrage on him.

Follow these and don't reset the boss and its a cake walk. I had no problems holding aggro.
    I agree 100% Last build you could actually los him to the haway before him and it made the fight pretty easy. Sucks they changed it.

Don't know why people were having difficulty with him. Was really straightforward. Had a jedi tank him and I (a dps trooper) just tanked adds. Avoid the obvious things he tosses out. Only problem was was that he glitched out and didn't give us any loot. Oh, and had a weird level 40+ chest outside the room. Had 4000 credits split between the group and a level 47 green.

15+ Year Old Account
    huh NDA content guys.. its not because they put a simple trailer about the instance that you have the right to tell us about anything you have seen in the beta.

When I did it I didn't have taunt, as I was only 15 or 16 at the time. But me and the marauder were basically running around the entire time trying to avoid the mines. So that hurt our damage a lot. And I think our dps inquisitor was standing in the barrage a lot. Halfway through the fight our healer ran out of force.

Going to try it out again next weekend though. Level 19 now.