Heroic ragnaros 10 advice

Hello , I'm please look at our Shadow Priest's logs and point out his mistakes\ give advice. We need extra 1-2% for transmission with 1 meteor, so advice and pay attention more on P3 than other phases.
    He coplained about bad shadow orbs procs so he can't keep good uptime of empowered shadows on p3 sometimes.Any thoughts why and what should he change to have good uptime during P3?
    Here's our last log : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=2332&e=2438 P3
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=2332&e=2418
    Whole try : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=1960&e=2512
    More logs : http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/74004/
    His armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...D0%B8/advanced
    My thought is that he should swap MWC for DMC : V , am I right? Also : Sorrowsong is good for Shadow Priests on P3 right?
    He should get legendary on next CD , so we really need to maximize his dmg output on P3
    Any feedback is appretiated , thanks in advance.

delete this topic or merge 2 into one pls , made double topic accidently
    Last edited by Sanya V; 2011-11-19 at 08:51 AM.

What percentage does Ragnaros submerge into the lava for the second intermission?

If we do everything properly we push him to around 37% during World in Flames.

All of your links are broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't check your logs cause I'm on my phone, but have you tried one tanking the fight?

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Only analyzing this log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=2332&e=2434

10 mind blasts on a period of 105 seconds - room for improvement, but not huge. Dot uptime VT 01:24 (81.7 %), Sw:P 01:33 (90.7 %), DP 01:34 (91.5 %). Only 4 shadow word deaths? Seems very poor, how long did you spend sub 25 %? More than 20 seconds I assume?

Also 00:38 (37.5 %) uptime on mind flay is really poor, he should be able to cast more mind flays with 38 % heroism uptime. Does he know how to move properly on world in flames?

I always manage to use 2 shadowfiends during this phase, he only seemed to use one. I guess he isnt mind flaying enough.

I don't know about his gear, but 27k seems to low for a P3 dps, I usually hit 38k in 10man with most of the 6/7 heroic bis gear obtained and no DI. I was at 43k the other day with DI in a 25man setting. I dont have legendary either.

Your armory link doesnt work, so I cant comment on gear. Most of your links doesn't work either and WoL in Russian isnt very helpful :P

I can't comment on trinket choice, I don't have Sorrowsong and it wasn't needed either when progressing, so I am not using it. But what I've heard is that it is the best choice for P3 dps maximizing.

Deleted
    Your links in this thread don't work, however, the ones in your other one do. Figured I'd post here since this already has posts:P Anyway I looked at his armoury and he is properly reforged/glyphed etc. so that's ok. He's pretty much equally geared with me,I'm maybe 1-2iLvls higher, and I pull anywhere between 34k-38k in p3. Yes he should get DMC:V, It is better than MWC. I can't read the logs in that language though so I can't see what he is doing wrong. At the very least make sure he has his CDs ready and pops a Volcanic pot as soon as the phase begins along with BL asap. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    I didn't check your logs cause I'm on my phone, but have you tried one tanking the fight?
    You can't one tank the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelandel View Post
    What percentage does Ragnaros submerge into the lava for the second intermission?
    40.4% is when he'll transition. You can push him a little further since he's still targetable while he's throwing Sulfuras down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post
    Russians can.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Russians can.
    I'm Canadian and we can, maybe it's something to do with cold weather that keeps us safe from Ragnaros' fire!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post

40.4% is when he'll transition. You can push him a little further since he's still targetable while he's throwing Sulfuras down.
    Our guild one tanks the fight, attempts at 15% p4...we aren't wiping to tank deaths, only to stupid raid members creating geysers. So yes, you can.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Did a little digging for their armory, I'm assuming this is right: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...D0%B8/advanced

They should not be using Moonwell Chalice. DMC:V, NecroFocus, and VPLC are all better than that. Heck, even Fiery Quintessence and H-Theralion's Mirror are better.

Edit: I ran SimCraft on their toon in that gear with your group comp's buffs. He's reforged/gemmed/enchanted completely right for his stat weights.
    Last edited by Venith; 2011-11-19 at 04:59 AM.

Thanks for your answers , we tried 1 tank , didn't get reliably to P3 , maybe did something wrong or wrong save abilities rotation , but it was hectic overall.
    I fixed the logs link . Can I do something to convert the logs so abilities are in English?
    Funkthepunk thanks for you answers , how did you navigate in the log ? You are from Copenhagen and spell names are in Russian
    Add: Oops , just realized that you can target a spell and see an icon, so it's not hard to navigate I guess )
    Last edited by Sanya V; 2011-11-19 at 09:30 AM.

Deleted
    Correct me if i'm wrong here, but didn't you need like 38k dps each to push him with one meteor?

Quote Originally Posted by Wargrey View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong here, but didn't you need like 38k dps each to push him with one meteor?
    this is 25 hc postnerf
    Main: Shantál <Apex>- EU-Al'akir 13/13 HC since Feb 15th '11; 7/7 HC since Aug 18th '11; 8/8 HC since Jan 3rd '12
    Alts: Zeroday <Apex>- EU-Al'akir / Vitiation <Apex>- EU-Al'akir

Shantál vs Alysrazor HEROIC solo [click]

anything else? About empwered shadows uptime?
    guys?
    Last edited by Sanya V; 2011-11-19 at 07:49 PM.

One thing I see from your P3 log is that you have a mage knocking the meteor back. This is really bad for their DPS since they will be doing the most damage by AB nuking Rag. Have your moonkin and shadow priest do it. The spriest can just use SW:P; it knocks it back and also will help with orbs & Empowered Shadows uptime. Plus, the moonkin and spriest don't have to face the meteor to use their instant cast knockbacks, which is also more useful. Overall, your group DPS seems a bit low. What strategy are you using for that phase and handling meteors?

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about bad RNG on shadow orbs. Only haste and multi-dotting can help alleviate it.

Also, make sure your tanks are pumping out as much damage as they can. One of the breakers for our group was our feral tank going kitty form and doing 27k dps during P3. Not every group has a feral, but in lazy tanks can lie a lot of lost DPS.
    Last edited by Venith; 2011-11-20 at 06:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like everyone could benefit from pushing their dps a little more during the phase (as stated before the overall raid dps is a little low). The priests up time for dot damage and mind flay is very weak overall. His orb procs are fine and wouldn't be that detrimental to his dps overall. Yea bad rng can hurt but he should still be much higher. I'd recommend some add ons to better track empowered orb, orb procs and dots. Managing them and the information from UI is key for damage as shadow. Weakauras is great for making custom timer and cool down notifications. Your priest is currently logged out in PvP gear but definitely swap DMC for MWC if that is an option. To push 1 meteor you need to be around 210-215k raid dps for the burn phase and you guys are close so I'd definitely try to get everyone to look at their dps for the burn phase.

I'm the mage , usually healers knock them back but I saw it was coming close so I did what I had to Usually healers manage meteors knockback well on P3. If we had feral tank pulling 27k dps P3 would be so much easier , damn.