Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Could I ask you to go to Grizzly Hills and report what happent? GPU usage, and FPS.

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 12:32 AM ----------

Having 49FPS in Elwynn btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    huh? Vsync will ONLY cap at 60. I get lower then 60 FPS in orgr, with Vsync anabled, and it varies from 30-60, never capping at 30
    Mine (when I had it on.. say during 4.0.) definitely strived for either 30 or 60, if it could only render say 59fps during a short transition it would drop down to 30 like a freakin' stone for a while. Very annoying. I turned it off and did a Set maxfps 60 instead.

Though this was only during GPU-limited scenarios (like flying around in big landscapes) and not necessarily orgrimmar where the fps meter seemingly could bounce around freely.

Deleted
    I slightly drop to 89 fps and im running an inferior CPU. I have 1 core spiking to 89% tho, nothing strange on GPU either.

Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    huh? Vsync will ONLY cap at 60. I get lower then 60 FPS in orgr, with Vsync anabled, and it varies from 30-60, never capping at 30
    V-sync links your ingame FPS to your monitors refreshrate.
    If your fps starts dropping to 35-45 fps, it will cut it down to 30 fps, to keep it stable.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    I've got a 6970 too (mobile version), they're pretty good cards.

You probably have vertical sync enabled which sync your fps to all or part of your screen's refresh rate (60 fps at best with a 60Mhz refresh rate, as soon as your card can't handle that it ducks to 30, then 15, etc). It also makes sure that only fully drawn frames are shown on your screen by allowing frames to be drawn in the background, so that you never see overlapping images or 'screen tearing'.

Tl;dr: As soon as your fps would hit, say, 58, it will fall back to 30 so it stays in sync. Lowering a few settings just slightly should keep it on 60 at all times. If you don't notice a great difference without vertical sync though, you can leave it disabled.
    That's why you enable tripple buffering.

Anyway, it's the trees. It's not the foliage, it's the actual tree trunks. It's just a poorly optimised area IMHO.

Deleted
    Ok, I tried a little bit of everything.
    Uninstalled the GPU driver, then reinstalled it.
    Disabled Turbo Mode.
    Went back to normal CPU settings.

None of these things seemed to change anything at all...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangel7 View Post
    Could I ask you to go to Grizzly Hills and report what happent? GPU usage, and FPS.

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 12:32 AM ----------

Having 49FPS in Elwynn btw
    I went to grizzly. Specs in sign. All on ultra. Averaging above 100 FPS. Seem to be GPU-limited.
    edit: res 1920x1080

Any specific position?
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-11-20 at 01:41 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay... Idk if anyone ever asked, too many posts that made no sense at all to me in this thread to read it all, what graphics settings do you have WoW set at? If you have something like Anti-Aliasing at 16x, that will cripple any computer, even a Sandybridge, and the FPS will drop. WoW is not the most optimized game, I'll assure you on that right now, so before we say how good or bad your fps is, let's hear some important information:

Resolution you're playing at.
    ALL of your WoW graphics settings, if everything is maxed, just say "full ultra", if most is maxed but some stuff is turned down, say Ultra, and then the things turned down and what they're at. If you want to post a SS to show us your graphics settings, that will be just as helpful.

EDIT: In the future try and update your OP to show things like the above.
    So based on looking through the thread, I see you're trying to do MAX settings with 1920x1080 resolution, yeah, not going to happen, not at a 60+ fps all the time. Grizzly Hills has a shit ton of stuff going on and truly max settings will cripple even the most powerful computers. I'd be surprised if Cyanotical gets much better than you, IF as good as your stuff. Honestly, you're doing fine, your fps is fine, it's not going to hurt you, you will barely notice the difference. Game on! :P
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2011-11-20 at 11:55 AM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    If you have something like Anti-Aliasing at 16x
    There's no such thing as 16x AA, the closest you can get in WoW is 8x MSAA, which isn't too bad but it can hurt some lower-end GPU's (my parent's PC GTS450 + 8x MSAA + Dragonblight = Low FPS, but it doesn't hurt my GTX 560 Ti at all. besides, 4x worked just fine then.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    Try blend testing for 8 hours or so and 20 x ITB to be sure. By turbo core I mean the autoclock function your CPU has, you can turn it off in the bios. Your turbo clock goes to 3.8 ghz when its needed, so that would fuck around with your OC quite bad.

Alltho I still think its cause of your video card drivers, its just not right that its using 98 % of your gpu. Do you have good airflow?
    There is nothing wrong with high GPU usage in wow. I have two GTX 570s in SLi that will go above 90% quite often.

Deleted
    alright try this settings ingame and see if it works or not:

Graphics:
    Display mode - Fullscreen
    Vertycal Sync - Disabled

Advanced:
    Triple Buffring- Disabled
    Graphics API- DX11
    Max Foreground FPS- Untick
    Max Background FPS- Untick

after that type in game chat /console maxfps 60
    Last edited by mmocfc4f5f54a2; 2011-11-21 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    It loads more objects if you're high up in the air. Therefor, more lags.

EDIT: Might have not have understood. You're saying when you look at the sky -from the ground- you get a reduced FPS? Or are you actually in the sky on your flying mount?
    Last edited by mmoca642c3cf9a; 2011-11-21 at 01:03 PM.