Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which 4.3 epic gem pattern are you going to get?

I'm thinking of getting the Bold & Brilliant Queen's Garnet patterns, and leaving the rest up to rng with the Tome's...

How will you be spending your tokens?

Bold, Bril and Agile. Same as everyone else out there, then move to orange gems.

Deleted
    Already 3 other guys in my guild going for the main ones we'll be using so I'm just going for random patterns on my alts to try and get them all as quickly as possible.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta Catch 'em all!
    (>^^)> Pandas

Can someone explain to me the point of tome of burning jewels

I thought that the tome was the only way to get the epic patterns so i decided to farm tokens like mad thinking that its gonna be rng which pattern i got
    but being on the ptr and seeing that all i need to do is just buy the patterns that are the most popular agi, strength, int etc
    whats the point in wasting 4 tokens and risk getting a pattern that is more or less useless?

have enough tokens to get all
    Into MoP beta, working on new gold blog, watch this space!

yea exactly, cheaper to use 4 to get all of them than to use 5 to get all of them.

I'm going to buy the important ones for my chars, and that will sell the best, and then use the rest of my tokens on randoms and hope I get good ones that sell well too.. and if they're crap patterns then oh well.

I think theres 51 patterns so if you have 204 tokens you can just buy tomes and get all the recipes vs spending 255 buying them.

why is everyone thinking: o man i have to get them all! should i go for randoms or pick certains ones and get them all that way.

how about this, buy the ones you need, and the ones that make the most money, and your done. thats what i have always done and it seems to work very well.

only 200+ to get them all? that sounds pretty stupid to me. you guys can do that daily for almost a year if you want, but i think ill pass.

the longest daily takes 10minutes to do, the shortest takes 30 seconds. getting on one char that i don't play just to do that is NOT a big deal 200 times or not if I'm playing wow anyways.

but in general what i'm saying is exactly what you did, important ones for your own chars and to make moneys, then the rest random don't really matter.

Yeah. Do red gems. You and everyone else. Meanwhile, I'll make epic profits selling niche gems. I'm thinking of focusing on the mastery/dodge/parry combos for paly/warriors going for unhittable.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's my list:
    Bold Queen's Garnet
    Brilliant Queen's Garnet
    Delicate Queen's Garnet
    Fractured Lightstone
    Quick Lightstone
    Defender's Shadow Spinel
    Etched Shadow Spinel
    Glinting Shadow Spinel
    Purified Shadow Spinel
    Veiled Shadow Spinel
    Puissant Elven Peridot
    "Adept Lava Coral "
    Artful Lava Coral
    Deadly Lava Coral
    Deft Lava Coral
    Fierce Lava Coral
    Fine Lava Coral
    Inscribed Lava Coral
    Polished Lava Coral
    Potent Lava Coral
    Reckless Lava Coral
    Skillful Lava Coral
    Solid Deepholm Iolite
    I'll buy rest of the patterns with Tome of Burning Jewels

I have 180 tokens now, meaning I will have 190 or so when the patch comes.

I'll just get all patterns.

Not that I think there will be big money to be made with epic gems this patch. Everybody will have all important patterns, and people will be cutting epic gems for 5 and 10 gold tips in Trade.

Got like 100 by time of patch, Im fine.

Brilliant at first then Reckless and after that... random!
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

holy shit, you guys have been saving tokens for 6 months???

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll buy tomes until I have tokens left to buy 'my' three patterns (reckless, brilliant, purified). If I already know those by that point, I'll just blow all the tokens on tomes

I should have nearly 200 tokens by the time the patch arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sprites View Post
    holy shit, you guys have been saving tokens for 6 months???
    Why wouldn't we? Doin' daily jc quests is part of most guys routine for the whole expansion...
    "Not that I mind senseless violence, manling, but what are you doing to that old man?" - Gotrek, the Trollslayer

bold, skillfull, etched, mystic, resplendent.

after that i might start buying the tomes.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

All of them. Yes, I've been doing the JC daily every day since launch, on three toons (I know I've forgotten to turn in a quest or two). One of which picked up a few key rare recipes, then started banking the rest, the other two have fleshed out my rare collection then started selling eyes. I've got 274 tokens on the one toon, so even if the book can award all 70 datamined epic recipes, I'll have enough tokens to get books to get them all unless 4.3 releases the 22nd, which I don't think is happening. If it only awards the 51 that are available individually through the vendor, then I'll have a heck of a headstart towards consolidating things so one JC can do all the epic, rare, and meta cuts.