spaceship combat

so I remember hearing that you will be able to use your ship for space combat, and after that never heard of that again...

does anyone know if this got scrapped or if it's still gonna happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    its still in, think of it as playing star fox with a star wars skin
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Quote Originally Posted by krono957 View Post
    its still in, think of it as playing star fox with a star wars skin
    oh sweet .. yeah when I heard of this it sealed the deal, two different type of games in one.

though I know the space combat won't have much content as the actual game itself, i'm just glad there's something else todo if I get bored > but theres so much stuff todo I doubt i'll even get close to bored

This is the first video I found when I searched for it on youtube, but alterswtor.com has a lot of videos on spacecombat (more recent videos) in their archives if you want to look.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

This is the first video I found when I searched for it on youtube, but alterswtor.com has a lot of videos on spacecombat (more recent videos) in their archives if you want to look.
    oh sweet! this game has it all "for me" xD so pumped, I got to try it out last weekend and it hooked me in. not he spacecombat but the game itself

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a blast doing the space ship combat. It gives you lots of XP and it reminds me of days yore when I would rush home to play Rebel Assault on my pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I didn't even know this was in the game, and I beta tested :O

Looks good though.

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    I didn't even know this was in the game, and I beta tested :O

Looks good though.
    You'd be surprised how many people on the beta forums have been bitching that it doesn't do this thing or that thing the way SWG did it. It got really old, really fast.

Edit: Oh who am I kidding, anyone that's been around these forums for any amount of time won't be surprised by people bitching about video games.
    Last edited by Tigercat; 2011-11-19 at 06:53 AM.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I was really hoping it was going to be sort of a mini-EVE, where you could upgrade your ships appearance and do all of the more intricate space features. In retrospect, I understand why it is how it is, that they didn't want this to be more than a mini-game, and that it would take a lot of development time to "do right". They have hinted at expanding upon the space combat system in the future, which I absolutely look forward to, but I am happy right now with what it is.

Offtopic: Unofficial Imperial Agent Trailer
    Last edited by Marksman79; 2011-11-19 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    I was really hoping it was going to be sort of a mini-EVE, where you could upgrade your ships appearance and do all of the more intricate space features. In retrospect, I understand why it is how it is, that they didn't want this to be more than a mini-game, and that it would take a lot of development time to "do right". They have hinted at expanding upon the space combat system in the future, which I absolutely look forward to, but I am happy right now with what it is.

Offtopic: Unofficial Imperial Agent Trailer
    Yeah same here, was a big fan of JTL but we really don't want another STO so I guess it worked out. Plus after getting my hands on it, it is surprisingly addicting. Very nice break from the rpg style combat of the rest of the game.
    Also as a future sniper that trailer is amazing. Watched it a ton of times when alterswtor first posted it, so nice to see it on youtube for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty much Star Fox lite if I had to compare it to something. Cool thing is that your ship has its own progress and the xp you earn counts toward your character.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    You'd be surprised how many people on the beta forums have been bitching that it doesn't do this thing or that thing the way SWG did it. It got really old, really fast.

Edit: Oh who am I kidding, anyone that's been around these forums for any amount of time won't be surprised by people bitching about video games.
    Well SWG didnt launch with it and they haven't ruled it out or denied that they would do the same. Same thing with swoop-bike race and Pazaak (they actually said
    they want to bring those one in a recent dev post or interview, but anyway )

For real space combat they need solid game mechanic that is almost a game apart, Bioware prefer to do stuff correctly than do it wrong (well most of the time).

I don't like it, rails suck. Wish they went with Rogue Squadron type mechanics.