Poll: Would you commit infidelity?

Thread: Fidelity.

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Fidelity.

Fidelity.

If you had/have a long-time, serious significant other, and you were presented with a situation where you could have sex/fool around with another beautiful person without your significant other ever knowing about it, would you do it? Even once? And if yes, would you tell your significant other after?

Remember, your answers here are anonymous!

Personally... I feel bad about it, but I think I would, if just once. I know I'm not as good of a person by doing it, but I don't think I would be able to handle myself if that situation ever appeared in my face.

Edit: Yes yes, I know I made a mistake in the question. It should be infidelity.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-11-19 at 10:16 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know from personal experience that I am more loyal than skin. Once, I spent three months realizing that the relationship was dead before it even started, and her reaction when I struggled with breaking up was "Finally! It's the guy's job to break up, and I've been waiting for this for WEEKS!"

We're still good friends, though^^

I.e. NO. Not because my body doesn't want to, but the option is quite simply blocked from my perception :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

No, I wouldn't do that. I think it's one of the worst things you can do to another person, whether they find out or not. I'd have difficultly dealing with myself if I were to ever do something like that.

got backstabbed

now fuck it, I'll do whatever it please me

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like my partner to have the same respect for me as I do for her when it comes to loyalty, so I voted no.

morally, I say no. but I haven't been subjected to the situation to see if my hormones could successfully overpower my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I'm an incredibly stubborn person, so probably not unless previously cheated on (in that case definitely).

I don't think you "commit" fidelity... infidelity maybe...

Isn't it "infidelity"?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been incredibly loyal in everyway I barely even flirt with the other sex when partner is around, but I'm not answering as I've never actually be in said situation

Deleted
    Commit fidelity?

wut.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    No, I couldn't have a healthy relationship with something like that on my conscious all the time. Even if I knew for a fact they wouldn't ever know, I still wouldn't. Me knowing is enough of a deterrent. Having a very open relationship is important to me, how could I live in secrecy when I expect openness from my partner. And having the freedom to be completely open is just as important to me as my partner's openness.

My bad, it should be infidelity :S
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Lol at those who would....theres enough single people around and if you would cheat on your partner, you dont deserve them

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I haven't exactly faced that situation. I've had friends try to get me to cheat (though how serious they were I'm not sure), and I have done it before in a relationship at the very end; we were pretty much broken up by that point so I don't particularly feel guilty about it.

I'm in love, now, and very happy, so I doubt I'd have any reason to.

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledice View Post
    Lol at those who would....theres enough single people around and if you would cheat on your partner, you dont deserve them
    True as that may be, it can be difficult to resist temptation. They wouldn't call it temptation if it was so insanely easy to walk away from. So many things can lead to even a temporary infidelity:

- Job-related stress
    - Family stresses, such as a death or new child
    - Falling out of love
    - Serious illnesses (either your or your partner), and coping with the stress
    - Old flames walking back into your life
    - Alcohol
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2011-11-19 at 07:17 AM.

I would never cheat. Temptation is not a issue for me due to various reasons, so it would not matter if it rained men (yes I made a musical pun) I plain do not care.

I can see how in certain situations people might face temptation and falter, and as much as I personally dislike cheating, I will not judge them, I guess they had their reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had any problems with poly amorous behavior, in fact I would consider myself poly amorous, but I do not practice it if my partner isn't okay with it. Out of respect for her. So if I found out my girlfriend had sex with an old friend, or even a new one, I can't imagine myself getting mad unless it was out of spite. Sex is a very natural thing and I don't think it should be entirely exclusive to your relationship, there are a million other reasons you're in that relationship and if there aren't than you're doing it wrong.

I've learned that a good relationship >>>>> sex. Never cheated, and I do not intend to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been there done that.

I cheat, I likely always will; When it comes to relationships on the majority its truth that what they dont know wont hurt them. To the best of my knowledge I have never been cheated on, and while I am sure it has happened I dont know about it, and I dont care.

In my opinion unless you flaunt it in your significant other's face, it doesnt matter overall. The more you cheat the worse, and not just the action because it is more likely you will get caught/seen. Everyone wants to cheat, anyone who says otherwise is a liar, its genetic, more so for males but please dont strart a M -vs -F on me. I think if you respect the one you 'love' you make it descreet and brief so they never have to worry.

From my own experiance being with the same person for a long time is infuriating and a little afair gives me perspective and clarity, and afterwards I dont want to stray for a long time. I honestly believe if they dont know it doesnt hurt(Unless you get a std).
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

Deleted
    Magisleeper, I have no words. I feel sorry for whoever is going to date/marry you.