Poll: Do you want a cross-server LFD tool in GW2?

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Were you dps? Cause all my friends were dps and they all bitched and moaned about how awful the ques were, how they took 30 minutes, i was forced into healing however for the sake of raids and all that BS. Regardless, I was known well enough on my server for being good at what i did all i'd have to do is shout in trade and have a full group in ~5-10min.
    Hunter in Warcraft.
    Everything in Rift.

Warcraft LFD "problems" are based on the +7 year baggage it has accumulated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hunter in Warcraft.
    Everything in Rift.

Warcraft LFD "problems" are based on the +7 year baggage it has accumulated.
    Oh i know that, i'm just saying it never took me long to build a group, my reason for being "anti-LFD" is i don't want any chance of it ruining the community, if it -is- implemented thought i'm not gonna QQ about it. Will i be slightly disapointed? yes, but will i care enough to not use it/not buy GW2? Absolutely not!

Essentially i would prefer it not to be there, but i don't care if it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

FTR: I am anti-LFD in Guild Wars 2 for the same reason I am anti-Recount... it's pointless/unneeded in Guild Wars.

We got a new game, with different systems than EQ/WoW/Rift/DikuMUD. No reason to shackle ourselves to other (older) systems/game styles. Though I have no particular ire toward the other systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    FTR: I am anti-LFD in Guild Wars 2 for the same reason I am anti-Recount... it's pointless/unneeded in Guild Wars.

We got a new game, with different systems than EQ/WoW/Rift/DikuMUD. No reason to shackle ourselves to other (older) systems/game styles. Though I have no particular ire toward the other systems.
    Well said. I like the idea of the LFD, but I also rather have a fresh start, so to speak, in GW2. I plan to play the game as it is intened, with no add-ons, and I am going to enjoy every minute of it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I'd really prefer a manual system where you sign up for the dungeons you want to do, and then appear on a list so you can invite other people from that list yourself. It really doesn't take more than 5 minutes to put together a group that way if the tool is designed properly.
    yes i think this will be a good LFG feature. maybe add a note where the player can type in that he wants to take a certain route or needs a certain item. anyone is free to be the leader and invite players in this list.
    maybe then, critiques will be more accepting of this.

Absolutely not. I've played WoW since Classic and the ease of LFD, Flying Mounts, Dailies from Capitols etc. really killed the world aspect of the game. I'd like a game that encourages interaction with players on your own server, in your own world.

I would like a system where people can post if they are interested in doing a dungeon or quest (which WoW once had) but I am not in favor of grouping with people from other realms, or randomly. I'd much rather /who people in my level range to find someone who wants to complete the dungeon. It builds a better community and lasting in game relationships. (Yet, I would appreciate meeting stone teleportation)

And I'm still pissed about the death of World PvP. (Damn you flying mounts/lack of rewards)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxiss View Post
    Absolutely not. I've played WoW since Classic and the ease of LFD, Flying Mounts, Dailies from Capitols etc. really killed the world aspect of the game. I'd like a game that encourages interaction with players on your own server, in your own world.

I would like a system where people can post if they are interested in doing a dungeon or quest (which WoW once had) but I am not in favor of grouping with people from other realms, or randomly. I'd much rather /who people in my level range to find someone who wants to complete the dungeon. It builds a better community and lasting in game relationships. (Yet, I would appreciate meeting stone teleportation)

And I'm still pissed about the death of World PvP. (Damn you flying mounts/lack of rewards)
    Well GW2 doesn't have WORLD pvp.... but it has WvWvW pvp which will likely fill the void in my heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.