Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballem View Post
    PSO and SSBM combined, I probably clocked as much time with those two alone as I did with WoW.
    PSO...I never once played the game online and I still managed to sink hundreds of hours into it. The fact that you could play it offline multiplayer meant that it found a permanent spot in our gaming rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wished for years that there were more RPGs for the Gamecube. I played Skies of Arcadia Legends, Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, and anything else I could possibly get my grubby little mitts on. The ones there were, were awesome. But I wanted more. More!

(سಥ益ಥ)س Y U TAKE BOB DOLE'S PEANUT BUTTER?

The original Pikmin and eternal darkness were awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    I remember the Gameboy adapter that I bought with it and I played so much Pokemon on a big TV. Also, the Pokemon XD and the other one that had the shadow ones in it.
    Me too! I loved that thing, playing handhelds on a TV was really fun.

Luigi's Mansion, Wind Waker, and Metroid Prime still look really good IMO.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-11-19 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Me too! I loved that thing, playing handhelds on a TV was really fun.

Luigi's Mansion, Wind Waker, and Metroid Prime still look really good IMO.
    I remember using the Super Game Boy to play Link's Awakening back in the day. That was epic. I never got a Game Boy Advance Player, sadly, and now I no longer have a real Gamecube. Hopefully the 3DS will expand into Game Boy Advance territory more in the future.

As for the graphics, just like in the screenshots I posted on the previous page, it's still amazing to me what some developers managed to pull off with the Gamecube. I was reading some pretty technical articles last night comparing the system to the PS2 and Xbox, and it's remarkable what sort of graphics hardware they packed into the system at the time. It wasn't just a standard CPU and GPU, but components specifically tailored to gaming and to making games look as awesome as possible.

Best memories?

Paper Mario, Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Luigi's Mansion, Super Smash Bros Melee...
    And things i don't feel like thinking of. Oh how much time spent!

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    Yesterday, November 18th, represented the ten year anniversary of the Nintendo Gamecube launch. While the console might not have been the success that Nintendo was hoping for, a great deal of gamers still have amazing memories with the little be-handled cube.
    \

While I didn't get my own Gamecube until my birthday almost a year later, my best friend received his for Christmas that year. And along with the console he got the game that would result in more sleepless nights for me than any other game: Super Smash Bros. Melee. I couldn't possibly recount how many hours I spent knocking friends across Hyrule Temple as the game became a fixture at every get together we held throughout Jr. High and into High School.

It wasn't the only game that I would lose sleep to, however. Timesplitters 2, Phantasy Star Online Ep. I and II, Metroid Prime, Tales of Symphonia, Super Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, Resident Evil 0--the list of great games might be smaller than a comparable list from the Playstation 2, but I would argue that the quality was higher in almost every instance.

Plus, the Gamecube had what I consider to be the finest controller ever made. If there was a way I could use my Wavebird with my PC instead an Xbox controller, I would never use anything else.

What are your best memories from the Gamecube?

i remember this =D

seem so long i like super monkey ball

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 08:37 PM ----------

Yesterday, November 18th, represented the ten year anniversary of the Nintendo Gamecube launch. While the console might not have been the success that Nintendo was hoping for, a great deal of gamers still have amazing memories with the little be-handled cube.

While I didn't get my own Gamecube until my birthday almost a year later, my best friend received his for Christmas that year. And along with the console he got the game that would result in more sleepless nights for me than any other game: Super Smash Bros. Melee. I couldn't possibly recount how many hours I spent knocking friends across Hyrule Temple as the game became a fixture at every get together we held throughout Jr. High and into High School.

It wasn't the only game that I would lose sleep to, however. Timesplitters 2, Phantasy Star Online Ep. I and II, Metroid Prime, Tales of Symphonia, Super Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker, Resident Evil 0--the list of great games might be smaller than a comparable list from the Playstation 2, but I would argue that the quality was higher in almost every instance.

Plus, the Gamecube had what I consider to be the finest controller ever made. If there was a way I could use my Wavebird with my PC instead an Xbox controller, I would never use anything else.

What are your best memories from the Gamecube?

how can i forget "Snic adventure battle 2" was awesome =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyass View Post
    i remember this =D

seem so long i like super monkey ball

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 08:37 PM ----------

how can i forget "Snic adventure battle 2" was awesome =D
    A lot of great Dreamcast games that didn't get the love they deserved the first time around got a rightful second chance at life on the Gamecube. Skies of Arcadia Legends was one of my favorites.

I dont think I have more than 3-5 games total for my gamecube, one of which being the zelda collection. It was an underwhelming system for Nintendo imo and Playstation 2 had a much better library. The last truly great system Nintendo made was the Super Nintendo. That's just my opinion, as a gamer who remembers when games were more about the gameplay and in the case of RPG's, story than nowadays when it's all about the graphics. I do enjoy my DS though, and have a larger library of games on it than on my gamecube and Wii combined. (in all honesty the main reason I bought a Wii was for the virtual console)

I actually gave my gamecube to my daughter and she rarely touches it now in favor of her DS.

I was practically raised by Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, and Luigi's Mansion...
    edit: I feel like a terrible person for forgetting to mention the metroid prime games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    Super Smash Bros Melee with my friends playing long into the mornings on weekends while we were in middleschool but what I remember most from Gamecube is the point at which Nintendo controls started to become worse and worse
    Scarily similar childhood
    /highfive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    It was an underwhelming system for Nintendo imo and Playstation 2 had a much better library.
    The Playstation 2 had a bigger library, but in my opinion it certainly wasn't better. I did get a PS2 towards the end of its generation for the RPGs though.

The Playstation 2 had a bigger library, but in my opinion it certainly wasn't better. I did get a PS2 towards the end of its generation for the RPGs though.
    GCN's got more memorable games, for me personally, even if there's more PS2 games I liked. Having both was pretty awesome.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The only game I ever played on my GameCube was Smash Bros. And I didn't regret a second of it

Hell, the only reason I bought a Wii was for the new Smash Bros, and the only reason I'll buy a Wii U is for the newer Smash Bros
    xD only reason i bought a wii as well supersmash is such a great game it isnt over created like COD halo or Guitar heroi was and one cranked out every year so the new ones feel so great

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going through my Gamecube games last night, and I pulled out Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. I totally forgot how awesome this game was. I think it's one of the most underrated games of the generation. An HD version would look so awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going through my Gamecube games last night, and I pulled out Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. I totally forgot how awesome this game was. I think it's one of the most underrated games of the generation. An HD version would look so awesome!

Played that game so much...Loved it...was always hoping for a Sequel...I actually still own my Copy of that game.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    Played that game so much...Loved it...was always hoping for a Sequel...I actually still own my Copy of that game.
    Blizzard owns the company that made it. I'm curious if they own the license as well. The old website, Metalarms.com, redirects to the Activision website, so I would assume that they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my Gamecube sitting right above me in my drawer, collecting dust, but I use my Wii. Games I always play:

Tales of Symphonia
    Melee
    Timesplitters 2
    F-zero GX
    Mario Kart DD

So many good memories

10+ Year Old Account

Pikmin. Now here is a game that I looked at and immediately thought, "This is dumb", only to later play and fall entirely in love with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mother of god.

Luigi's mansion, oh how I loved that.

I still got my precious cube, lost my controllers though
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory