Thread: PTR holy/disc

PTR holy/disc

So what is the best stat to go for holy and disc in ptr, haste or mastery? And with the change to Diviny Hymn isn't it better to go for more haste for extra ticks?

Not sure what I'm going for just yet. I've been Holy on the PTR so far, and stacking mastery just for the mastery. Divine Hymn is awesome as it is, but I've yet to try and haste build, or haste/mastery build yet on it. Anyone else?
    "It is only the great men who are truly obscene, for if they never dared to be obscene, they never could have dared to be great."

I'm going to assume it is going to stay the same as it has been.

Haste is better pure throughput,
    Mastery is good throughput, and more efficient.

Deleted
    I haven't played the PTR but I can say that even with the changes to Divine Hymn it will still only be used when needed which is when shit hits the fan, only it may be used a little later due to it healing way more then before.

As for the spec, due to stats I have a feeling that by the time I get full 13 normal gear my Disc priest is going to be fairly overpowered because as it stands I can already reach soft caps on the main stats for my spec and play style so anything else is purely throughput with no downside well unless gear / stat choice is all broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    So what is the best stat to go for holy and disc in ptr, haste or mastery? And with the change to Diviny Hymn isn't it better to go for more haste for extra ticks?
    Added Hymn ticks is a very old bug (its not supposed to per tooltips)

You, in all likelihood wont have to try very hard for the 5th tick of hymn (its only 12.5% and with raidbuffs and the gear you likely have already you should have that easily)... 6 might take effort (remember to always leverage Borrowed Time as Disc).

ROUND (Base Spell Duration / ( Base Tick Time / (1 + Haste %)))

That said, the breakpoints for these spells are:

12.5% (5th tick)
    37.5% (6th tick)
    62.5% (7th tick)
    87.5% (8th tick)

Here is an article I wrote up about leveraging haste and hymns.
    Last edited by derevka; 2011-11-20 at 05:28 PM.