Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy I miss old wow :(

I miss the thrill.
    I miss feeling like I achieved something after each lvl up.
    I miss mobs who can fight us back and show us our place.
    I miss grouping with other people to do difficult quests.
    I miss spamming 'LFD xxx' then after finding group going there with another player, summoning other, getting a third of exp bar for entire run, not receiving a single item and single feeling damn good about yourself.
    I miss ganking and being ganked.
    I miss looking at that one player who has really awsome gear and thinking of him as some kinda god.
    I miss being noob and helping other noobs in wow.
    I miss the community, they atleast had some sense of humour and something interesting to say even when flamming someone, these days /2 looks like /b/ on 4chan.
    I miss diversity.
    I miss things that you had to put really alot of time into that wouldn't quite pay out, but still would make the player special.
    I miss silly bugs that did some really funny things.

I miss the wow, not what's left of it today.

do you miss having to go to the summoning stone to get other people there?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Back when normal mounts were 40, and we were making group for sm armory or something noone had mounts so I'd put aspect of cheetah on my hunter and just run through northern EK. Still in my fond momories

Just adding this.

I miss epics that were actually epic. :3
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I do. Did you ever feel that getting a group together with people on your server made you feel more part of your community then just random players from realms your never see again?

Deleted
    ok mate. go play on lvl 60 private realms and it's all back.

actually i do, because half the time id find some pvp entertainment in some alliance who also were at the stone. not to mention most of the time people were nicer back when you had to make the group, if you were a ninja or an ass people just wouldnt group with you.

over all the atmosphere was ALOT different than it is today, while yes there are more people playing the quality of people has gone down some what.
    Last edited by Senbo; 2011-11-20 at 01:17 PM.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Deleted
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Back when normal mounts were 40, and we were making group for sm armory or something noone had mounts so I'd put aspect of cheetah on my hunter and just run through northern EK. Still in my fond momories
    So you liked to fly to cross roads and go on foot, or by slow mount to razorfen kraul, to sit there waiting on someone else, to summon 3 other people? Really? You have an unique sense of fun.

Edit: I'm not talking community, I am talking about taking trips to hang out at stones, easily one of the most tedious things ever.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    In short: You miss playing games, which are new to you and which you havent played for years now

thats not old wow, thats the new and improved but not as improved as current wow is. also going to SM just plain sucked donkey balls as alliance since the only flightpoint even remotely close was in plaguelands and to get through plaguelands meant much death at the hands of much higher lv mobs
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nostalgia Threads. Almost as new and interesting as my new and interesting response...
    Anyways.
    Nostalgia sets in, I remember the good times, I shed a tear for the time that has gone; I then remember the bad and annoying, and my tear becomes joy..
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    Nostalgia
    Nostalgia sets in, I remember the good times, I shed a tear for the time that has gone; I then remember the bad and annoying, and my tear becomes joy..
    Yea still sore about those snake traps that would flag you in TM and kill you... >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Just adding this.

I miss epics that were actually epic. :3
    i want to further this thought by saying i miss when blues felt epic. i remember how awesome it was to have dungeon set 1 and to work on dungeon set 2.

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    Nostalgia Threads. Almost as new and interesting as my new and interesting response...
    Anyways.
    nostalgia plays a part yes, but it doesnt account for the loss of people that is currently a problem =D
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

try rift. its a bit like vanilla wow, and some new additions like dungeon queue, but without all the inane changes in cataclysm. for example, instead of 40 points in a talent tree at max level, you get something like 70 or 80, and can max two talent trees at once. there's a lot of things that went wrong in wow in wotlk and cataclysm. mainly dumbing down the game so an 8 year old can play it, rift fixed those things and made the right changes in a lot of areas.

as I say, rift is what cataclysm should have been.... some ways similar to wow, like the questing, but without the "wtf blizz" changes to systems and making the game feel pointless leading to unsubscribing. you'll probably love rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    after each level up you usually get a new ability or a talent point, it just doesnt take as long as it used to.
    some mobs can still kill you
    you can still group up with people if you want
    you can still spam "LFD XXX" and run all the way to the summoning stone if you want
    you can still gank people if you want
    you can still look at a nerd and think hes god if you want :S
    you can still help noobs out if you want...
    i miss the bugs that gave this game character too...
    so your point is, i think : now im not forced to do shitty stuff anymore this game isnt the same and i dont like it? or something...
    Everyone is guilty.

What happens if Pinocchio says : "My nose will grow"...?

I too miss WoW pre-3.3. It felt like I was playing in a world. Right now, it just feels like playing GW1 solo. You leave the "public area" where everyone hangs out, and it's like you enter your own instanced world where it is just you and npcs and mobs.

you can still spam "LFD XXX" and run all the way to the summoning stone if you want
    Too bad if you do that people will call you retarded and tell you to just use the dungeon finder.
    Last edited by Pachycrocuta; 2011-11-20 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    So you liked to fly to cross roads and go on foot, or by slow mount to razorfen kraul, to sit there waiting on someone else, to summon 3 other people? Really? You have an unique sense of fun.

Edit: I'm not talking community, I am talking about taking trips to hang out at stones, easily one of the most tedious things ever.
    Judging by people's responses not everyone though that way.
    It gave you chance to ineract with out players including opposite faction, even to be ganked then it party chat say 'shit, i just got ganked' and everyone would lol.
    maybe you'd gank someone else, noone knows, thats what made those trips an adventure. And yeah ganking at summoning point was epic.
    You know, not everyone here wants everything to be handed to them on plates.

P.S. Old wow is not only vanilla wow, but also most of tbc and parts of wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwish View Post
    after each level up you usually get a new ability or a talent point, it just doesnt take as long as it used to.
    some mobs can still kill you
    you can still group up with people if you want
    you can still gank people if you want
    you can still look at a nerd and think hes god if you want :S
    you can still help noobs out if you want...
    i miss the bugs that gave this game character too...
    so your point is, i think : now im not forced to do shitty stuff anymore this game isnt the same and i dont like it? or something...
    and because of these changes look at all the cod kids who came to play who think they can do what they want without consequence all because they group with people from different servers. honestly if you cant even see how the community has changed through out the life of this game its impossible to try and explain it.

I miss the thrill.
    I miss feeling like I achieved something after each lvl up.
    I miss mobs who can fight us back and show us our place.
    I miss grouping with other people to do difficult quests.
    I miss spamming 'LFD xxx' then after finding group going there with another player, summoning other, getting a third of exp bar for entire run, not receiving a single item and single feeling damn good about yourself.
    I miss ganking and being ganked.
    I miss looking at that one player who has really awsome gear and thinking of him as some kinda god.
    I miss being noob and helping other noobs in wow.
    I miss the community, they atleast had some sense of humour and something interesting to say even when flamming someone, these days /2 looks like /b/ on 4chan.
    I miss diversity.
    I miss things that you had to put really alot of time into that wouldn't quite pay out, but still would make the player special.
    I miss silly bugs that did some really funny things.

I miss the wow, not what's left of it today.
    So you find your thrills in a video game, mobs are not challenging but you won't stop wearing the best gear not realizing everyone has time to find other people to do a quest most have done for a reward many don't want all the while spamming to find someone to go do that group with and hoping your not ganked while picking on newbies in Goldshire while at the same time gazingly lovingly at your fellow's Barbie doll who has all the latest accessories and thinking, "Will Ken like me anymore when there are others who are so much hotter", and still not realizing your a noob whose sense of community was probably nothing more than barrens chat and anal humor and the only diversity to be found was in real life which you ran from because you would not invest that "a lot of time" to find that real people are special and that bugs are best squashed.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath