Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Idk but this looks rather rigid to me, just me though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    When you're flying in the car over Corrusant (no idea how to spell it lol) is that a taxi or your mount? The car looking one
    The Land Cruiser is a taxi, much like a flight point.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
    Cool pics but the mounts look so dumb, lol.

It looks like you're riding a floor buffer.
    I'd have to agree here, I hope there are a lot better mounts than that otherwise I'll be really disapointed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    When you're flying in the car over Corrusant (no idea how to spell it lol) is that a taxi or your mount? The car looking one
    That'd be a taxi. There are vehicles that look like that though, but you can't use those to fly around Coruscant.

Deleted
    The game looks really good for an MMO, especially the lighting effects on armor and such.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    The game looks really good for an MMO, especially the lighting effects on armor and such.
    I actually neglected to mention that all of my testing was done before the game had AA introduced. It should look even better at launch!. I also tried out eyefinity, but this was before i had purchased my third monitor so it placed my character right at the bezels. But it DOES have native eyefinity support.

My computer was pushing 80-110 fps in most areas running with a 3.8Ghz i7 2600k (Cpu-z in sig is when i ran the processor at 5Ghz, i found that with 8GB 2133 Mhz i get more performance from the memory being overclocked than from the processor being overclocked) , 8GB 2133 Mhz memory, and a powercolor HD 6970.

Some people have complained that it took to long getting out of the starter worlds. I had no such experience, seeing as how my beta weekend had 5 servers open and not nearly as many people playing. It took me roughly 5-6 hours to leave the jedi home planet. I never once skipped a cutscene, and i LOVED every single one. This game is so ridiculously immersive it just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by RatFanatic View Post
    You got to level 25 in one weekend? You must be really dedicated. lol
    That's what I was thinking...

Far enough to get to mounts AND afford them (a couple it seems) while getting skills up to 150 each?
    I really don't understand how people do that.

I wanted to take screenshots of my beta weekend too but I couldn't decide what to take pics of, there was so much. I took pics of the SI ship in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tattooine looks so sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    That's what I was thinking...

Far enough to get to mounts AND afford them (a couple it seems) while getting skills up to 150 each?
    I really don't understand how people do that.

I wanted to take screenshots of my beta weekend too but I couldn't decide what to take pics of, there was so much. I took pics of the SI ship in the end.
    So uhmmm, yeah. I was able to trade a few shifts away at my main job in order to take the whole weekend off. My wife was put on notice that I would not be leaving our office for the entire weekend.

On Friday night I logged in right at 5:00PM when servers went live, and started playing. I played until 4:00AM Saturday without any problem. The game was amazing. I decided to try and get some sleep, went to bed and slept for 3 hours before my body wouldn't shutdown any more. Got up and played through Saturday (Stopping for meals). Starting at 7:00AM and not finishing until 9:00PM. I slept for 7 hours and got up Sunday at 4:00AM. I played until 5:00PM, then went to a youthgroup meeting that we lead. That ended at 8:00 PM. We got home at 8:30 and I played until 3:00AM. I slept for 6 hours and got up at 9:00AM. I played until 11:00AM, at which time I hit level 25, and decided to try PvP for the rest of the day. I took these pictures around 8:00PM Monday night. The servers went down at midnight on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    So uhmmm, yeah. I was able to trade a few shifts away at my main job in order to take the whole weekend off. My wife was put on notice that I would not be leaving our office for the entire weekend.

On Friday night I logged in right at 5:00PM when servers went live, and started playing. I played until 4:00AM Saturday without any problem. The game was amazing. I decided to try and get some sleep, went to bed and slept for 3 hours before my body wouldn't shutdown any more. Got up and played through Saturday (Stopping for meals). Starting at 7:00AM and not finishing until 9:00PM. I slept for 7 hours and got up Sunday at 4:00AM. I played until 5:00PM, then went to a youthgroup meeting that we lead. That ended at 8:00 PM. We got home at 8:30 and I played until 3:00AM. I slept for 6 hours and got up at 9:00AM. I played until 11:00AM, at which time I hit level 25, and decided to try PvP for the rest of the day. I took these pictures around 8:00PM Monday night. The servers went down at midnight on Monday.
    Yea, that borders on insanity for me. Also it seemed like you got an extra day than I did, I got no time on monday. I still find it strange that people can stop their lives for a game.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2011-11-20 at 10:54 PM.

Some stuff I took during my beta weekend:

idk how there is ppl actually crying about graphics on soem forums.... it looks damm nice to me

Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    Kelly? I sort of expected some reuse of assets from Mass Effect 2, but whole characters... :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by volraths View Post
    idk how there is ppl actually crying about graphics on soem forums.... it looks damm nice to me
    I donno, it looks slightly dated and its not even released yet. I hope it ages well or its going to be similar to WoW graphics wise after the same duration.
    It looks similar, even a bit worse than Mass Effect 2, and that was released almost 2 years ago....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
    Some stuff I took during my beta weekend:

Loved that fight! His intro was just badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Kelly? I sort of expected some reuse of assets from Mass Effect 2, but whole characters... :/
    I was thinking a little more on female commander Shepard, the default one.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    I donno, it looks slightly dated and its not even released yet. I hope it ages well or its going to be similar to WoW graphics wise after the same duration.
    It looks similar, even a bit worse than Mass Effect 2, and that was released almost 2 years ago....
    I dunno what you were expecting but this game wasn't made to test the limits of modern day graphics

This game is meant to be played all all ranges of systems not just high-end gaming-specific systems. Saying the graphics are about as good as a single player game 2 years ago isn't bad, many people still use those same computers they had 2 years ago, especially the non-heavy gaming types.

Even still SWTOR blasts WoW out of the water in terms of graphics, have you seen how polygonal some of those old models are? They fixing a lot of them up but in small ways like using a band-aid on a dam.

Less-intense graphics = wider audience = less production time, and even yes = more money

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of my gen beta screens

SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Amazing pics all! I'm not sure if I can wait til release to get my hands on this. Lol.

Deleted
    Guess I'll stick to WoW, watched a livestream and a couple of videos, still not convinced. This is just as stiff as Warhammer Online :/