Deleted

Does it work for you?

I was a bit bored so i went around you tube watching videos and i stumbled across this, i thought at first it might be fail but i checked the comments and a fair few people said that it worked for them. So i watched it and i never fell asleep but i didn't expect to but i did feel very relaxed.

so then did it work for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is that psychological term that people think it happens to them because they expect it too but nothing in reality actually happens? That is how hypnotism works, and that is why people say it happened to them.

The only reason why you are relaxed is because you are calming yourself down trying to let the feeling of sleep come to you.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    What is that psychological term that people think it happens to them because they expect it too but nothing in reality actually happens? That is how hypnotism works, and that is why people say it happened to them.

The only reason why you are relaxed is because you are calming yourself down trying to let the feeling of sleep come to you.
    I think you are referring to the "Placebo Effect"

Generally If you believe the hypnotism will make you sleepy or think it will relax you, your brain will just follow suit.

Much like I once gave a girl a bottle of Non-alcoholic wine, but did not tell her it was Non-alcoholic, yet she believed she was drunk, so she started acting drunk.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2011-11-20 at 09:44 PM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    it hurts in my eyes, like as if the depth changes all the time making my eyes constantly try to readjust <.<

For me it's too jerky and the text is a big distraction, so it didn't really do much. I'm pretty relaxed most of the time anyway though, don't normally get stressed.

Still, if it were done in HD with voiceover instead of text, I think it'd work quite well.