Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Alduin VS. Deathwing

So, im like super bored so I decided to make a thread for fun.

I recently finished The Elder Scrolls Skyrim. Its a great game but the main story lacked for me. It wasn't untill the final fight that i realized Alduin and Deathwing are simular. Both are big angry rawr rawr dragons and are here to demolish the world in fire.

Alduin: a huge black dragon the size of an inn, prophesised to devour the world. Hes the son of the god of the time and chief deity of the 9, Akatosh.
    It is said only a dragonborn can destroy Alduin. It took 4 of skyrims greatest heroes to defeat him.

Deathwing: a huge black and fiery drgon the size of 10 inns. Enpowered by the titans and turned mad by the old gods. It took alot of dudes, including thrall and alextraza to defeat him.

The fight take place in a barren grassland. No obstacles, just a basic 1 on 1.

I personally think that deathwing would take this easily. But i want to know what you guys think. Explain your answer.
    Last edited by mmoc49c884270f; 2011-11-20 at 10:27 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would would watch this on PPV over football any damn day of the year.

That said, I'll get back to you once i'm far enough in Skyrim to have fought Alduin.

Even so, Deathwing is just... Deathwing. I'll put my money on him killing me far more times in his raid than Alduin ever will, lol.

(Btw, Deathwing was not created by the titans, just empowered)
    Lurk n' jerk. Well, not so much the jerk part.

15+ Year Old Account
    My vote is for Alduin, he is badass, he LOOKS cooler too, and cooler voice (i love the random dragon language words when dragons speak)
    Off-topic: 74 hours played
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Deathwing would win. Maybe it would've been a close call when he was Neltharion, but Blizzard have buffed his character to absurd levels as Deathwing. It takes 4 Aspects, Thrall and at least 10 of Azeroth's Champions to kill him. Even when he is melting and being torn apart he still poses a huge threat and almost creates the second Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Xiphan; 2011-11-20 at 10:49 PM.

Deathwing by chin-cide.

Wow, me and my brother were going over this topic a few days ago!! haha But we voted Deathwing. Alduin iis still badass though

10+ Year Old Account
    Being realistic , Alduin would lose , hes tiny compared to blizzard even with all the dragon shouts he has, deathwing is just absurd .

I haven't fought Alduin yet, but I am going to side with Deathwing. He is a lot larger and it takes more people to kill him, but they are weaker people I suppose.

Either way, my friends and I had been saying Skyrim is kind of like Deathwing in Northrend.

In lore-context none would win, as Deathwing needed the dragon soul to be killed, and Alduin couldn't be killed normally either (being vague due to spoilers).

So it would be a never ending battle.

(Possible Spoilery goodness, but in a thread like this, are you expecting less?)

Deathwing lacks a certain something to force Alduin into a direct confrontation. Ergo, Alduin stays in the air throwing meteors. Forever.

Deleted
    Alduin is cooler :<

Quote Originally Posted by darrellmonks View Post
    I recently finished The Elder Scrolls Skyrim.
    Sorry if that goes off-topic but you did what? Must be a typo because I read you finished Skyrim.

On topic, I always find it odd to compare villains or heroes of different universes. The basic laws of their respective universe are so vastly different as the circumstances that lead to the whole story.
    You pointed out an obvious fact already, the size difference - Deathwing would just bite Alduins head off. Alduin in Warcraft would be maybe a mini boss or glorified trash, but in the Elders Scroll he is one of the really big bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by zeratulcraft View Post
    (Possible Spoilery goodness, but in a thread like this, are you expecting less?)

Deathwing lacks a certain something to force Alduin into a direct confrontation. Ergo, Alduin stays in the air throwing meteors. Forever.
    In contrast to the Dovhakiin, Deathwing has wings. So he just flies up to Alduin, tada: direct confrontation.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I'd win. Dragonrend ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    In contrast to the Dovhakiin, Deathwing has wings. So he just flies up to Alduin, tada: direct confrontation.
    Some reason, I only thought of Madness of Deathwing...

Deathwing is very big, but Alduin kind of has followers so he is not alone, thus even if smaller the size wouldn't be a big deal, so he probably win in the end as well.

Offtopic: ~48 hours played (L60)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorial View Post
    I'd win. Dragonrend ftw.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    Deathwing is very big, but Alduin kind of has followers so he is not alone, thus even if smaller the size wouldn't be a big deal, so he probably win in the end as well.

Offtopic: ~48 hours played (L60)
    its a one on one fight

One on one Deathwing has huge size, I think he may win as Alduin is not made to kill dragons but humans. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Alduin: Summons Fire and Brimstone at will, has the voice that eats souls.
    Deathwing: Destroys world, has a voice that eats souls.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

SPOILERS FOR SKYRIM. Alduin is a god, the Nordic counterpart to Akatosh, and he is immortal. The only one that can kill Alduin is one born with the power of Akatosh, a Dovahkiin.

No matter how much damage Deathwing inflicts on Alduin, even if he shredded his body a billion times and reduced Alduin to ashes, Alduin would be unharmed, and could reform at will. Deathwing is just a dragon aspect, not a true god, he has no means to deal a deathblow to Alduin. Deathwing can tire, Deathwing can bleed, Deathwing can die. Alduin is functionally immune to all these things.