Poll: What class are you going to play?

What class do you plan to use?

What started as an easy thing just became a lot harder now that I saw who the voice-actors will be for the male and female classes. :P

I had planned for quite a while to play a female Jedi Knight, and a Female Imperial Agent, but now......... I'm having second doubts after seeing who the voice-actors are.

Seems like my Jedi Knight will be male after all, I mean ARE YOU SERIOUS? ITS VOICED BY FUCKING DAVID HAYTER >.< (for those that don't know, he's the one that provides Solid Snake/Big-Boss with their awesome raspy gruffy voice..........

I just can't pass up the posibility of playing a jedi solid snake.... I just cant.

Then we get to the Female trooper, voiced by JENNIFER HALE!!! known for her role as....... well, just about every action girl in fiction you can imagine, from Bastila, to Juni, to Jaden, to Female Commander Sheppard, to Samus, to an ect large enough to cover 3 pages........... Since the Trooper is basically a soldier, you are pretty much playing FEMALE COMMANDER SHEPPARD

And then we get to the Male Bounty Hunter...... Voiced by Steve Blum, who also did the voice of Oghren on Dragon Age, and Grunt on Mass Effect 2, also a nice voice-actor.

Given that the main selling point of TOR vs other MMOs is its heavy focus on story, and fully voiced protagonists and quest-givers, who is the voice-actor for each character is more important than you'd think, and these 3 have by far the best actors all across the board (Specially the male jedi knight)

So, what class are you wanting to play, and why?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I am thinking that my first will be a male, cyborg smuggler... though, I have no clue about the voice acting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    What started as an easy thing just became a lot harder now that I saw who the voice-actors will be for the male and female classes. :P

I had planned for quite a while to play a female Jedi Knight, and a Female Imperial Agent, but now......... I'm having second doubts after seeing who the voice-actors are.

Seems like my Jedi Knight will be male after all, I mean ARE YOU SERIOUS? ITS VOICED BY FUCKING DAVID HAYTER >.< (for those that don't know, he's the one that provides Solid Snake/Big-Boss with their awesome raspy gruffy voice..........
    But he doesn't actually do Snake's voice. Is his regular voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I'll bite. My first character will be a Human Sith Warrior. Human because I like my characters having a beard since I've been sporting a Jesus beard for 15 years now.
    The second character will definitely be a female Trooper, and yes, only because of Jennifer Hale. Haven't quite decided on a race yet. I'm contemplating between a Cyborg and Zabrak.

I have actually written a list already that has 5/8 characters with their races/genders/names but for obvious reasons won't be posting them here.
    Last edited by Nihilim; 2011-11-21 at 04:04 AM.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

I checked all of them, because I will be making all classes.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    But he doesn't actually do Snake's voice. Is his regular voice.
    awww T_T why? such potential wasted...........

I guess it will be female Knight then.........

I have actually written a list already that has 5/8 characters with their races/genders/names but for obvious reasons won't be posting them here.
    why not? you can post that list and just exclude the names if you wanna prevent people from copying them before you can make them (I know I wont reveal the names I already got planned to prevent others from stealing them)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Im going to level a Inquisitor, warrior then bounty hunter I might level the bounty hunter before the warrior but after the Inquisitor great im speaking in riddles now...
    Signature by Eruionmel!

All the classes eventually, though I'm leaning towards a Smuggler to start with.
    Yub Yub

I'm playing male trooper because I like so much about the commando class, the VA for him is supposed to be the guy that played Varric in DA2 and I loved that guy, so just an added bonus.

When I roll a smuggler I'll have trouble not being female because I've heard the voice a few times and I like the accent.

I know my main will be a Pureblood Sith Warrior and I'll probably have a Bounty Hunter, Sith Inquisitor, and Trooper alts, probably all male and all some alien race, I find humans boring.

A female Imperial Agent, because the accent is hot and I can make her almost look like Sara Kerrigan, pre-swarm, from Wings of Liberty CG. The fact that I can either have a stealth field active like a ghost, or have a sniper rifle like a ghost...yea, that's pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    Jedi consular shadow, infiltration spec. Sneaky sneaky... impaling people from the back with a saber staff then throwing a ship turbine at their face is too much to pass up.

10+ Year Old Account
    So on a whim I went to IMDB and looked up the cast in the game. Jesus dude.. the cast is pretty good. Alec newman is in it. Muadib himself.

As for the OP, Ill be playing a bounty hunter most likely. My weekend beta experience was to fun to pass up. I like healing in these games and i also want to take a look at a either a sorc or a consular as well. It's a tough decision.

I'm going to end up playing every single class in this game. I actually love leveling to pieces and want to see all class stories. My game plan is to start out with the Republic as a Smuggler, then I jump to Empire as a Bounty Hunter, then I'll jump back to Republic to level one of the force users, this pattern will continue till I finish. Once this is done I'll probably pick two mains to focus on one main for Republic and one main for Empire. I'm unsure though if I'll enact my plan right away, I'll probably take a break from the constant leveling to focus on some endgame before continuing on.

Going to play Bounty Hunter first for sure, not 100% on spec. Bio-ware nailed it when they picked Steve Blum (spike spiegel) to voice the bounty hunter. I'll be watching a marathon of Cowboy Bebop when release date comes close lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    Going to play Bounty Hunter first for sure, not 100% on spec. Bio-ware nailed it when they picked Steve Blum (spike spiegel) to voice the bounty hunter. I'll be watching a marathon of Cowboy Bebop when release date comes close lol.
    Wait Spike is voiced by Blum in the english version? Why the hell did I watch the original 4 times then

I might actually play bounty hunter because of him, might even not skip every cutscene like I usually do.

with major roles in both SWTOR and GW2, that guy's gonna own the mmo landscape
    Monk, I need a monk!!!