Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ronfar View Post
    I played that way for years. The funny thing is I didn't even realize how awful it was until I upgraded both my computer and internet connection and now i get like 140 FPS on average ( i don't really know wtf MS is so I use fps instead). The short answer to your question is probably yes, although I could never go back after being on such a crisp connection for a few years now. My lag in everquest was horrendous. I remember it taking up to 5 seconds to open up my inventory screen, which is spos'ed to be instant And you could sit there for 3-4 minutes sometimes trying to get past the load screen.
    FPS = Frames per second, its how many frames your computer can draw per second so the more powerful computer you have the more frames it can produce, which means that turing down the graphics obviously give you a boost in FPS.

MS = milliseconds by that most ppl refer to the internet delay in games, how many milliseconds delay is it from your client to the server.

2 completely different things but they are both equally important.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    Leatrix addon can reduce it a lot. I played on Korgath and was around 325 for 2 years. I discovered this addon and now im around 100ms. Not trying to sound like a spokesman, but that addon really helped me a lot.
    Leatrix is not an addon its a script you run in windows which changes some settings, you could do this process manually as well if you wanted to^^

Quote Originally Posted by ronfar View Post
    I played that way for years. The funny thing is I didn't even realize how awful it was until I upgraded both my computer and internet connection and now i get like 140 FPS on average ( i don't really know wtf MS is so I use fps instead). The short answer to your question is probably yes, although I could never go back after being on such a crisp connection for a few years now. My lag in everquest was horrendous. I remember it taking up to 5 seconds to open up my inventory screen, which is spos'ed to be instant And you could sit there for 3-4 minutes sometimes trying to get past the load screen.
    MS = Miliseconds. Used to measure the latency time between player input and game response. For example, if you have 300ms latency, it means it takes 300 miliseconds between your key press and the game actually acknowledging your action. Latency is affected by the quality of your internet connection and the distance between the server and you.

FPS = Frames per second. How many frames your computer can display on each second. As you know, animation is actually a series of rapidly displayed static images. When your frame rate drops, you'll start to see "choppy" animations and will have delays moving your camera, for example. Frame rate is affected by your computer's video processing power.

10+ Year Old Account
    had 300ms before the tcp frequency tweak and it's annoying but it's playable :S

Ive played at 800 for the past 3 years. One of the reasons i finally quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    i play at 240 all the time and have had no troubles i do hate scottish internet though
    Your speaker volume BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU!

Deleted
    Thank god I moved away from mum+dad.

Faster internet and more tvchannels.
    Tho I have had cupnoodles 4 days in a row, so poor.

If it adversely affected my performance in raids, I would probably quit or seek out one of those ping lower services.

10+ Year Old Account
    When im on 200ms im actually happy haha...

You Americans/Eurozone people dont understand how lucky you are

Deleted
    Back when I was still raiding my ping would hover around 10-30ms, can't imagine what playing with 200+ would feel like :/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide72 View Post
    my problem is that the minimum ping i can have to outside of my country is 200ms .(it's related to some filters my government has put on our internet , so changing my ISP wont help).
    and as far as i know there isn't an official server inside my country .
    For that i assume there is no way to fix it .
    So would you play if you had this problem ?
    I remember back when sub 200's were referred to as low ping bastards... as 400-500 was common (high ping bastards)...

-Alamar

10+ Year Old Account
    I played with 400+ms for over 4 years, till I recently installed leatrix and dropped to 200ms more or less.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    I played with 150ms-300ms for somewhere around 2 years, and it never bothered me. If you don't know anything else, you don't really know what you're missing. I suppose subconsciously you compensate for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a spoiled brat who gets angry at 80 ms... usually am playing around 25ms. Idk I'd be really irritated at first but I might get used to it.

pfft, outside instances I have around 400 and I raid consistently with 200ms. No problems.
    It only sucks when the connection is unstable and I get 1s spikes =p

Deleted
    right now im playing on a 3g internet, getting 150 at the very best but usually its around 200-250

I am in Australia and without tunnelling services i get 180-200ms
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

I use mobile net due to the fact that I can't have broadband where I live (man I can't wait to get it again though!) and play with about 200 Ms and often more, can be up to 500 and my game will be fine, so yeah it's doable.

Though I don't raid or do PvP and I've noticed more lag when doing raids which is why I rarely raid now... that and having a newborn.
    For the Horde!

it isnt optimal, ive played with 300 for a year.
    not that bad really, but yeah,. the 27 ms i got now is a huge difference.

I raid hard modes on 300+, I think it def makes high level pvp harder though. With the latency tolerance now it barely effects raiding.

You guys saying 300 is fine clearly should try pvp.