Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oceania says hi

Quote Originally Posted by Relicra View Post
    Australian.. so yeah..
    This.

200-300 is average, and probably better than a lot of Oceanic players experience.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

sadly I do for almost 3 years now . not that big of a deal on...anything except for the "minesweeper" achieve /sadface

10+ Year Old Account
    lowerping is a good option if distance is a factor and and you're willing to invest a bit more into your monthly gaming bill.
    -- i7 4770k @4.3Ghz | GSKILL Trident 16GB 2400 | GTX 780ti SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO 840 | Maxumus VII Hero Z97 --

Quote Originally Posted by SinRaven View Post
    God I would love to PVP with a real ping one day. Im in Aus too and rarely see below 300. I just assume its normal, sad to think its compartively crap to many other players. Maybe I dont suck at pvp as much as i think I do ;P
    Can't wait for the NBN. Maybe my abilities will improve?

I live in New Zealand and play with 150-300 ms all the time. That is what I would consider good ms for me. Sometimes it gets to the 500's (higher when my net is playing up) which is noticable but it's definitely still perfectly playable when you're around the 250's so don't worry!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide72 View Post
    Believe me , I have tried everything . It just wont get below 200 on good days . and by the way 200-300 is the number that is shown ingame . but when i cast spells i can see the momentary ping on my addon (quartz)is constantly changing between 200 and 300 .sometimes even up to 350.
    and excuse me for my bad english .
    As many here have already stated 200-300 is decent and you'll get used to it in no time. I have to workwith a braindead central provider. I can get anything ranging from 60 ms (which is a normal ping to my server) to 800 within two consecutive casts. That's kind of difficult to get used to.

15+ Year Old Account
    i had to play with 1.5k-2.3k ping for a good 4 or 5 months when all i had was satellite internet.
    after you get use to it it almost like its not there...
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

depends. some servers actually vary like my friend is in Cali but he cant play on US darkspear cause he says it lags super badly. im in Vancouver and i can play anywhere with almost no lag at all.

if u cant play on one server consider switching.. or just tolerate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would I? Yes I did, for a long time.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    When i first starting playing wow i had a really bad laptop. All settings were low, had if i was lucky 1-3fps(not sure about the latency)
    I remember doing VoA 25man and the laptop would freeze on the frost boss :P and unfreeze once the boss died

I've been playing with 50 ms for almost a year now. Before I stumbled upon my wonderful connection, I raided on a "hardcore" schedule with around 250 latency at all times. I can DEFINITELY tell the difference between 50 and 200-300. If I had to choose between quitting and playing with 200-300 again, I'd quit. Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on a with 20-50ms and have really never been much higher then 150, I dont know how u guys do it lol, when i see a do in pvp poofing around the place I have a good chuckle but then realize I cant hit them.....

No, I tried 100+ms it and it was a living hell and would rather quit.

Now I sport 15ms to my main server in Germany and 9ms to others in Sweden.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    Played that way for years.
    One of my fellow raiders still plays that way and does fine.
    I dont really have much option but to. Living in New Zealand and all.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to play at about 300 long ago. Now I'm at 35 - 50... I can't stand being over 100 now.

I played with a 200-300 ping for most of BC and Wrath, not a big deal. It doesn't start getting bad for me until is between 500 and 1k and more. I don't like the feel of that and can see the possibility of having quit if it never got better.

Anywhere from 150 - 400+ Hailing from New Zealand. The only time I perceive lag in in BGs when you think you've beaten everyone to the flag, click, and someone still beats you. I just have to react faster and be more precise in movements if it (ms) is higher on raid nights.

This is why I'm still pissy about SW:Tor's lack of proper world wide launch and their " we want the best player experience possible". When wow launched, most oceanic guilds used Blackrock as the unofficial server for launch day. Yep, laggy, crashed, but you adapt, and overcome. Makes a better player too if you ask me.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Wow, I'm usually annoyed when I see over 80. Didn't realize most people were always above it
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Australians do it all the time. It's not the best but it's easy to adapt to. First Heroic LK 10 man kill was by an Australian guild known as Adept.