Thread: Demo lock help

Demo lock help

Hello,

i am playing a Demo Lock as i enjoy it but even with my gear and i think im gemmed correctly im not pulling even close the dps i should be doing im doing like 10k overall and it just seems low and sporadic i dont understand i follow the sticky rotation and i min/max with the pets but still craptacular and i feel like a scrub. Anyway any advice be awesome

Abonimus of Khadgar.

Deleted
    current patch, lot of your damage comes from DoomGuard.
    Doomguard currently triple dips from mastery, so max dps = shedloads of mastery + maximising mastery just before metas and Doomguard

couple of dots to get procs going (but not BoD) >> DS, Moonwell Chalice >> Meta >> DG.
    That way, your DG and Meta retain the chalice mastery for the entire duration.

Currently, the entire demo thingie is maximised when using this mastery trickery. you wanna try and cast all your metas with chalice up, so your metas benefit from chalice.

Also, do your best to stay melee range as immo aura and shadowflame are big DPS increases.
    I am not going to go into rotation etc as there are priority lists on EJ, but this is the basic jist of why you might be missing some deeps.

Next patch : mastery bugh is fixed and mastery will devalue a lot

You should've had it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall, rolling with mad deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps........................

The person above forgot something: Start your fight with your fellguard , and let it do the Felstorm after you've used the MWC , when its ended get a soulburned felpuppy ( use the demon soul while the Felguard is on ofc ). When your cd's are of cd hardcast felguard and do the same thing i said before. Also a tip ( I am not sure if this actually true but ) recast BoD after 1 tick. In theory you should get 5 empowerd ticks , but i am not sure if this weights to the 4 little bit stronger ones that still benefit from demon soul. Other than that , get ReforgeElite. This helps your reforging possibiltys alot. Set it on Warlock>Demo , then click calculate and reforge. This way it will get you close to the hitcap and makes you benefit more for mastery. Also , in your talents. Get rid of the Health Funnel and the snare-on-HoG talents. Look at my armory for the spec that should be the best atm. Some things are prefered tho. Regarding glyphs , get Glyph Of Immolate , Meta and Corruption ( or Incinerate , the diff is small ). Also Glyph of Soul Link is very handy. Regarding gems: go full 40 int unless its like a possibity of 1 Red gem and 1 yellow with a 20 int ( or 30 secundary ) , then go 40 int gem and 20 int/mastery.

There's a sticky for this sort of thing, go here and give a lot more information than you have here, and maybe someone will be able to help (armory/the rotation you're trying to follow would be a start, logs would be ideal).

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    current patch, lot of your damage comes from DoomGuard.
    Doomguard currently triple dips from mastery, so max dps = shedloads of mastery + maximising mastery just before metas and Doomguard

couple of dots to get procs going (but not BoD) >> DS, Moonwell Chalice >> Meta >> DG.
    That way, your DG and Meta retain the chalice mastery for the entire duration.

Currently, the entire demo thingie is maximised when using this mastery trickery. you wanna try and cast all your metas with chalice up, so your metas benefit from chalice.

Also, do your best to stay melee range as immo aura and shadowflame are big DPS increases.
    I am not going to go into rotation etc as there are priority lists on EJ, but this is the basic jist of why you might be missing some deeps.

Next patch : mastery bugh is fixed and mastery will devalue a lot

You should've had it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall, rolling with mad deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps........................
    Or.... next patch mastery is almost sim'ing as high as spell power