server Launch success?

ok i was looking through the forums and haven't seen someone ask this yet so ill ask, what do you guys think the launch day server status will be.

What i mean by this is so far the new mmo's have all been judged on how there servers/ customer support handle launch day stress. (like rift was given mass props for not having major server issues on launch day).

so lets apply this question to SW:ToR, on the 20th will we have server issues? will there be a huge amount of lag? yes there has been large stress tests on the beta, but do you think they have done enough to be prepared for the amount of stress that the servers will get once everyone is trying to logg in on launch day?

Or do you think a combination of the 5 day early access to pre order accounts (well max of 5 days not everyone is getting 5 days) and the beta stress tests that they are fully prepared for the stress that the servers will undergo.

and if there are issues what is your trust in there ability to fix it quickly and get everything smoothed out fast so there is a good day 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wownerd View Post
    ok i was looking through the forums and haven't seen someone ask this yet so ill ask, what do you guys think the launch day server status will be.

What i mean by this is so far the new mmo's have all been judged on how there servers/ customer support handle launch day stress. (like rift was given mass props for not having major server issues on launch day).

so lets apply this question to SW:ToR, on the 20th will we have server issues? will there be a huge amount of lag? yes there has been large stress tests on the beta, but do you think they have done enough to be prepared for the amount of stress that the servers will get once everyone is trying to logg in on launch day?

Or do you think a combination of the 5 day early access to pre order accounts (well max of 5 days not everyone is getting 5 days) and the beta stress tests that they are fully prepared for the stress that the servers will undergo.

and if there are issues what is your trust in there ability to fix it quickly and get everything smoothed out fast so there is a good day 1.
    Personally, I think people that judge a game on launch day are borderline imbasilic. I mean c'mon the most successful MMORPG to date had a horrid 3 months of problems after launch....

Its really what happens in the first couple weeks that matters. Some games like AoC got progressively worse. That was a sign of a failing game or failing game company really...

There there is a reason most MMORPG's get launched on a Tuesday. If the game is stable by the weekend then they are doing it right. Thats my take on it anyways.

Deleted
    I think early access will help, as a lot of those people will be willing to skip launch day if queues are really bad. Also being around christmas may help as people are busy at that time.

Judging from the stress test of two week ago, all server were full and yet I felt no lag, no dc, no short times at all EXCEPT right before conversation. (and from vids around this is common, but no idea on the source. Loading maybe). It was all very stable. I expect a very stable launch really, unless a relaly monstrous bug or exploit appears then.

Next weekend will be the final test, with so many beta keys out. Sounded like 1mil+ will be playing on all the servers at the same time. If it's fine then, should be np on launch day.

So, if launch day = success rating. it will be high. Of course the real success comes in continuity and updates and all that, so we won't really know until say...D3 comes out.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why make this thread? None of us can predict the future. We have no idea what will happen on launch day.

That said, the stress test seemed to go pretty well from all accounts (I spent almost 5 hours in the queue but the servers seemed fine once I got in).