Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Thank for the review.
    Very good post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ancestorTOR View Post
    What the heck is up with all the people on the official forums posting their 'opinions' of the game, which are basically just thinly veiled attacks on Bioware? I mean, really? I guess I shouldn't be shocked. Good, fair review Trolls and totally in-line with my view of the game.
    Official forums will clean up some after they let only people who have subscribed post. Of course there will still be the doomsayers just like in every game but most trolls/flamers/bashers who are there just to stir shit will be gone.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Quote Originally Posted by Jorygo View Post
    Just for lolz, would you post the link to that thread on the official forums?
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=641022
    Threads with actual good reviews rarely take off.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

I have to agree with most of the review. The only thing I am disappointed with in TOR is companions. I wanted companion interaction to be more like Mass Effect, then Dragon Age 2(meaning that you can only talk to them when they have a quest marker).

Space Combat was disappointing for me, but it is a very nice break from the MMOness of it all.

It's awsome to see your opinion on the game. Everytime I saw you post something or create a post, I always read it. So your opinion is a big win for me, cause I feel exactly the same as you and it puts a smile on my face and just makes me more eager to play. I thank you for putting your time into this, and everything else you have put in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    I wanted companion interaction to be more like Mass Effect, then Dragon Age 2(meaning that you can only talk to them when they have a quest marker).
    I definately agree with that.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    The only warzone i liked in TOR was huttball, cause Voidstar is SotA without siege vehicles and Alderaan = AB. Hopefully in future patch contents BW will do more original concepts of BG's like Huttball.
    I liked Alderaan and Huttball a lot. Voidstar was pretty meh. It felt like the timer on the doors were too short, considering how long it takes to kill other players. I enjoyed the map layout though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Now, some of you are even hearing of groups getting slaughtered by the first flashpoint bosses. While I wouldn't go so far as to say they are hard, they definitely are not loleasymode unless you are in a group with people that are experienced.
    This, at least, is changing for The Esseles and Black Talon. They've been rebalanced for 2 players for reasons beyond my comprehension.

Also, I'll have to disagree with you on your stance regarding space combat. I like its current implementation well enough but I feel as though it won't be a complete feature until they include some type of free flight combat. I understand what you say about not liking to have all your character's abilities ripped away from you--I felt the same way about 4 Tower Flame Leviathan after the initial cool-factor of vehicles wore off--but I'd rather have a "completed" space combat system that I don't like in the game than a half-assed one.

Ever since I heard about the possibilities of space combat I've been an advocate for a SW: Battlefront II space combat warzone. The format matches perfectly--points for kills and points for destroying parts of the enemy capital ship. You can land in the enemy hanger with a team on a transport to kill enemy pilots before they board their fighters. You can sabotage their vehicles and capital ship systems from within.

I really feel that something like that ^^^^ would be the best way to implement the free-flight space combat so many people want. Better to do it and keep it contained in an instanced warzone that have SWG's open space variation of it.

The biggest surprise of this game was when I tried to go play other games after playing TOR. I tried every free-to-play MMO there is, as well as a few sub based ones when I was done with TOR. I couldn't get into or have fun with a single one of them; even the ones I've enjoyed in the past. That was the real kicker for me.
    Ditto.

I did the same things and came to the same conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Stuff
    You know, I could actually get on board with something like that. Especially if guild ships are made. I have to admit, I'd love to drive around my Star Destroyer and infiltrate Republic vessels. =p

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I have to agree with you, Trollsbane; I had really no intention of actually playing this game until I decided to take a peak into the beta testing on 11/11/11 weekend test. The story line was absolutely intoxicating, original, and made me feel like my character was truly a significant hero in the galaxy. I played sever different toons during my weekend beta to see what I liked and didn't like about the game. I think that one of my absolute favorite parts of the game play was how each class had a different 'feel' to them. My Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor felt like a classic MMO caster. My smuggler reminded me of some Ghost Recon stuff... all the plotting and making cover, etc. Then there was my trooper... a fun character to play when I just really want to blow *bleep* up!

One question though, has anyone really played with professions much? I never made it to a high enough level to try them out really. Since I am playing a smuggler (gunslinger) I think that I want to try cybertech - slicing - scavenging... or maybe replace cybertech with treasure hunting since I have never really been much of a crafter. Any thoughts on the professions at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by agnarr View Post
    Ditto.

I did the same things and came to the same conclusions.
    I'm the same as well, I couldn't find a good mmo to play after wow, except maybe lotro but I never play it much more then once in a while. Swtor looks to add everything I loved about wow, but haven't yet done the things that I began to hate about wow, and also adds in so much new stuff that I love about single player games. I expect this to kill all other mmos for me.

I remember one time, i had a bit of a camera glitch when I was leaping into battle, it must have clipped on a wall or tree or something because it zoomed wayyy into my character's face as she was in midair, and I had the awesome view of her face as she was twisting through the air. That stuck with me, it just looked so cool.

Ever since I heard about the possibilities of space combat I've been an advocate for a SW: Battlefront II space combat warzone. The format matches perfectly--points for kills and points for destroying parts of the enemy capital ship. You can land in the enemy hanger with a team on a transport to kill enemy pilots before they board their fighters. You can sabotage their vehicles and capital ship systems from within.

I really feel that something like that ^^^^ would be the best way to implement the free-flight space combat so many people want. Better to do it and keep it contained in an instanced warzone that have SWG's open space variation of it.
    You know, I could actually get on board with something like that. Especially if guild ships are made. I have to admit, I'd love to drive around my Star Destroyer and infiltrate Republic vessels. =p
    Great, now I have the urge to go play Battlefront 2 again :P I have to agree, instanced space combat like they had in Battlefront 2 would be sweet, but only if ships didn't scale with gear. Space battles, as they are currently implemented, are acceptable in my opinion, but only because they aren't required, they're just a mini-game for you to play while waiting for everyone in your guild to get on for an operation or you want to take a break from traditional questing.

Excellent news, overall. Thank you for the detailed review. I'm even more excited for the game now!

10+ Year Old Account
    This, at least, is changing for The Esseles and Black Talon. They've been rebalanced for 2 players for reasons beyond my comprehension.

I actually think the 2 player instance to start is incredibly smart. It helps people start networking and making associations. You make a group of two and you get along with the other dude. He might know some other dudes and you might have another pal. The whole thing snowballs and grows from there.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2011-11-22 at 02:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lulz Trolls carries balls...

Seriously though, great review, I liked how you tried to make it seem as unbiased as possible, at least in the sense that you didn't just showcase the good and brush the bad under the rug.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

The early access will begin on the 15th (apparently), which means we have 23 days for our addictions to get catered to. I'm not sure I can wait that long

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been drifting through the days since I finished the last beta weekend. Food doesn't taste the same, my old favorite games aren't fun anymore, I can't sleep... I feel like a crack addict who was forced to go cold turkey.

SWTOR has a lot of minor problems (and one major one with no addon support yet), but the game overall is AMAZING. I'm counting the seconds until the 15th.

Thanks Trolls for the well written and thought-out post.