Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It hasn't worked right since wrath. Imo it isn't useful at all for "oh my god the tank is about to die". Best used for "Hey I need some extra healing".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    It hasn't worked right since wrath. Imo it isn't useful at all for "oh my god the tank is about to die". Best used for "Hey I need some extra healing".
    To say it has never worked right is completely inaccurate. It has a learning curve, and needs a priest who can react fast enough to the "oh my god the tank is about to die".

Using it for extra healing is awesome too, in tough situations where everyone is in danger at once, I drop GS on the tank to boost the passive healing/healing of other healers and work on the raid. Multitasking ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    To say it has never worked right is completely inaccurate. It has a learning curve, and needs a priest who can react fast enough to the "oh my god the tank is about to die".

Using it for extra healing is awesome too, in tough situations where everyone is in danger at once, I drop GS on the tank to boost the passive healing/healing of other healers and work on the raid. Multitasking ftw.
    I obviously reacted fast enough or the spell wouldn't be on cooldown and say that it was on the tank. Yet he still died. That is a problem on blizzards end that needs fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    I obviously reacted fast enough or the spell wouldn't be on cooldown and say that it was on the tank. Yet he still died. That is a problem on blizzards end that needs fixing.
    The spell going on cooldown but not triggering is an inherent problem between client-server relations. Ardent Defender works exactly the same way. As does any healing effect. Themos pointed this out earlier:

Quote Originally Posted by Themos
    Healing spells in general behave the same way. If you make a habit out of reading the death meter whenever someone dies, you see heals land after the death line all the time. It's the way the server sorts out incoming damage and healing. If the server has to deal with both, it always calculates the incoming damage first, *THEN* the healing.
    You can't "fix" this without making the game single player.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Kelesti:
    You can't fix server lag. But you can reimburse the cooldown in case the server know you are too late.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Never rolled with holy on my priest, but I've had latency eat Nature's Swiftness + Greater Healing Waves on targets that have died with no healing registered in the logs often enough. Makes me sad all day too.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

I thought I was gonna read about Gearscore.

Deleted
    Probably lag...just like how warriors get cc-ed in arenas with spell reflection buff on...

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    *At Front Page sees "GS makes me cry" in recent forum post*

I think to myself, "Oh god people are STILL crying about that addon?" Click on the link and it's about Guardian Spirit. /sigh of relief
    This exact thought ran through my head. Those two letters used as an acronym still piss me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Kelesti:
    You can't fix server lag. But you can reimburse the cooldown in case the server know you are too late.
    That would indeed seem the least they can do.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    That would indeed seem the least they can do.
    Absolutely. It is especially annoying if you say, just had a tank death while GS was cast but did nothing, and say a plate DPS taunts to kill off the boss/combat res the original tank. Then you'd really like to actually use GS, but can't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Had this happen a hundred times. Not just tanks, happens in PVP etc. And yes, also had it where I GS a tank and then a Paladin does LoH and its like -.- well that was a good use of 3 minutes.