Deleted

New ability symbiosis

Correct it is the druids ability. but what abilities are you hoping to get from the druids (1 pre set one for each spec) and what abilities do you hope to give (1 for each spec )

Personaly im hoping to get moonfire or insect swarm from balance druids a ranged dot will be handy when were out of melee range feral... not a clue.. and resto i would want rejuvenate or another instant heal

Abilities i want to give... now thats a bit awkward, so whats your thoughts and hopes?

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is the ability you would give/receive will be based on the spec you/they will have.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    yup, but this is about hopes/thoughts about what abilities you'll get/give as we don't know what is shared yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to General Discussions - this isn't really a DK-only thread.

Part of me is hoping that if you cast Symbiosis on another healer in the raid as Restoration spec, you would be granted one of their healing abilities, and them one of yours. But I can see this getting a bit overpowered or out of hand...Could you imagine a Resto Druid getting Power Word Shield, and a Disc priest getting Rejuv? That being said, maybe they want this more along the lines of giving the druid class more of a utility role, as they said they want to bring them back more into the hybrid role. So its possible that maybe Resto will get a dps ability, Tanks maybe a self heal? Who knows. Either way I'm excited to see what direction Blizz takes it.

My guess is that it will go something like this:

Balance:
    - Copy offensive spells

Cat:
    - Copy Melee/rogue abilities*

Bear:
    - Copy tank/Warrior abilities*

Resto:
    - Copy healing spells

*because of resources. You can't use a mana ability if you fight with rage, now can you?

Also, There is no way this can be a ba- er. Overpowered idea. NONE WHATSO EVER.
    Last edited by Earthstar; 2011-11-23 at 03:33 PM. Reason: additional commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiballa View Post
    Part of me is hoping that if you cast Symbiosis on another healer in the raid as Restoration spec, you would be granted one of their healing abilities, and them one of yours. But I can see this getting a bit overpowered or out of hand...Could you imagine a Resto Druid getting Power Word Shield, and a Disc priest getting Rejuv? That being said, maybe they want this more along the lines of giving the druid class more of a utility role, as they said they want to bring them back more into the hybrid role. So its possible that maybe Resto will get a dps ability, Tanks maybe a self heal? Who knows. Either way I'm excited to see what direction Blizz takes it.

The way I see it is:
    ie:
    Resto Druid - Prot Paladin
    Gives Barkskin for Beacon of Light

Feral Druid - Frost DK
    gives Rend for Frost Strike

Balance Druid - Rogue (why?)
    gives Rend for Sprint

since Rogue and frost DK has the same role, I feel like the tooltip suggest the druid might only provide 3-4 different abilities to other classes. A Tanking Cooldown, a dot or DPS cooldown (maybe 1 range and 1 melee), and a healing tool.

As for what druids will get in return, it might just be, every class will give 3 class abilities (maybe not spec specificic) to the druid. In other word, you would get as a druid the same spells from a Prot paladin than a Holy paladin, or otherwise, it's gonna be a HUGE pain to balance, more than it is already.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiballa View Post
    Either way I'm excited to see what direction Blizz takes it.
    Me too!

I can understand why people are nervous about it. It certainly does seem like it would be hard to balance; but I'm still a bit giddy. It just strikes me as one of the more interesting things spells that they've added in a while, and I'm very much looking forward to using it (and abusing it if it isn't balanced properly! ).