Poll: Do you want to participate in the GW2 beta?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    The problem might be that you're using grocery money for videogames.
    lol No, I'd just rather not throw money away on bad video games if I can avoid it.

Deleted
    Would love to play beta for 2 main reasons:

1. See which class fits me most and finally find out which one I'm gonna lvl first when the game is released and

2. Help finding bugs, hopefully help making the game even better and be released sooner.

Will sign up for it if given the opportunity, but wouldn't play it that much. Would rather just wait for release.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    lol No, I'd just rather not throw money away on bad video games if I can avoid it.
    Yeah, I've learned my lesson. My days of buying bad games are over. Warhammer online was my last. Never again. I'm not even 100% certain I'll buy GW2. It will depend entirely on the WvWvW info that comes out.

Give us a poll part that says.. Fuck that Beta shit, give me Alpha and I'm happy!

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    You clearly have a right to judge a game that isn't even in beta yet. Also, really? If you don't like GW2 why are you even in the GW2 threads?

After being in the WOTLK beta, I gotta say I wouldn't want to be in another beta again.Felt weird being ahead of a good chunk of my server.You don't really get that magical feeling when you play it once it goes live.
    I like that magical feeling. ;A;

Deleted
    People seem to forget that the point of a Beta is to test out the game and see if it has bugs so you can report them.
    That's why I'd want to play the Beta, to help make a great game ready for release

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    After being in the WOTLK beta, I gotta say I wouldn't want to be in another beta again.Felt weird being ahead of a good chunk of my server.You don't really get that magical feeling when you play it once it goes live.
    I like that magical feeling. ;A;
    Which would give you a good opportunity to play something you wouldn't otherwise play. Get to see how the game plays without spoiling anything you care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd KILL to get into the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haridean View Post
    People seem to forget that the point of a Beta is to test out the game and see if it has bugs so you can report them.
    That's why I'd want to play the Beta, to help make a great game ready for release
    Yeah, there's that too, but playing the game in advance is an awesome side-benefit.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Not to play after such a long wait? Heads will roll if something stands in my way!

THIS IVORY LEG IS WHAT PROPELS ME..

Deleted
    The question is: How do I get to play the GW2 beta when its ready?

I voted yes, but I guess my vote is really a combination of yes and no...

For example, I had no interest in SWTOR, and knew just about nothing about it... But had signed up years ago for the beta/demo... And got to play my 5 day weekend last month. I also got into the stress test (who and their cousin's dog didn't?), but I'm not going to play it... I got 3 or so days into my 5 day demo weekend, and saw enought to make my decision... Any more than that is a waste (to me), because I like to experience the content (exactly once), and I hate throwing away characters/loot/etc...

-Alamar

Deleted
    Nah - I really want the game...but I want it when it's done.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who never played GW extensively, I would be VERY excited to test the beta out. Get my feet wet with the mechanics, getting a sense of the world. But more importantly, since I never played GW (for more than maybe an hour or two) I think that I, and players like myself, could provide a unique perspective on the game.

I think it would be healthy for Anet to have input from both former GW players and non-GW players to get accurate feedback. The GW vets could provide feedback on the evolution of the series where as us non-GW players could provide valuable "newbie" feedback in how "newbie friendly" GW2 is to players who've not played GW. (Yes, I do realize that they said you don't need to have played GW to play GW2, however I imagine there will be a sense of familiarity to the GW vets).

So yes, with and emphatic FUCK YES, I would love to test the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not gonna lie, I couldn't care less about finding bugs, I just want to play the game

I dont see how I could even come close to consumeing all the content in what is likely to be a relitivly short beta. If I had no job and could play it 12 hours a day for a couple months maybe I could spoil a good chunk of the game for myself but not with my couple hours a night. I'd mostly want to get a feel for the controlls and explore the DE system a bit and see how I like the various classes. I could always start out as a race I dont intende to play for a long time and not spoil much of the content for my main once the game is live.

Who is John Galt?

Nope.

Sick and tired of fantasy MMOs. If SWTOR is crap, I'm done with MMOs for a while. Don't see anything even remotely interesting coming out in the near future.

By then, my unborn children should be leaving for college so I should have more free time on my hands.