Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you have heroic sulfuras and instead dual wield heroic mandibles as a dk you should probably go ahead and quit the game, it will save you a ton of money in buying those carries from whatever heroic guild is milking your wallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not buying runs of Firelands.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    KITTENS!
    Also, comparing items doesn't mean that DW tanking is bad. Go check out the thread on the DK forums. /ohyouguys.
    Pretty sure nearly every thread on DW tanking I've seen on the DK forums says that no, it's not really viable.

Sure you can do it. I can tank in last tier. But it's just not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...06;70723;71445
    Like u should be able to see, there is a huge lot of dodge to gain at DW tanking. You lose some stamina and mastery, lots of threat (which is a non-issue in todays tanking model).
    DW Tanking is completely viable.
    Even if there is a huge lot of dodge to gain, you lose stamina and mastery. Those are important too. Especially mastery to blood DKs.

Looking at them and seeing some dodge, does not make it viable. I'm not trying to hate. I also thought it would be awesome, so I did the math and the research and such... And it's not. Runs some sims, or look to people who have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    I can tank in last tier. But it's just not as good.
    EXACTLY. Just because it's not OPTIMAL doesn't mean it's not VIABLE. I'm glad we're on the same page.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

EXACTLY. Just because it's not OPTIMAL doesn't mean it's not VIABLE. I'm glad we're on the same page.
    Oh. Well if that's the point you're trying to make, sure. I'll agree you can DW tank and get through most stuff just fine. Kudos if you're in heroics.

I tanked with a fishing pole once, accidentally
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Oh.

Well, I think the point people are trying to make to you is that it ISN'T optimal. While it can be done, it looks to all of us like you're intentionally gimping yourself.

Our Holy Paladin once two healed a handful of Heroic Firelands bosses without a weapon on. Just because it's possible doesn't mean you're playing your character to their full potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously it isn't optimal, the mechanics in Alysrazor put paid to that.
    And reducing my DPS by between 10 and 25% for more runic power isn't really "gimping".
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Obviously it isn't optimal, the mechanics in Alysrazor put paid to that.
    And reducing my DPS by between 10 and 25% for more runic power isn't really "gimping".
    Um... how is that not gimping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardone View Post
    Um... how is that not gimping.
    The same way that Warriors do less DPS wielding a sword+shield when compared to using a 2H weapon, but are able to use their abilites.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    no its not, the heroic version, , in heroic he will copy himself still the same fight just 2 of them

only the abilitys you can read about under the video, is form heroic

you can see a good vidoe, no guide of him in heroic here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfKwY6VyYsA

the sunderarmor is gone as you would need 4 tanks on heroic otherwise and thats abit harsh on a 10man team
    Did you read the first post?

As for Morchok...

Also, Firebert... the three threads I've seen you post in, all I've seen is you arguing about DW tanking. We get it. Stop derailing threads with it.

The same way that Warriors do less DPS wielding a sword+shield when compared to using a 2H weapon, but are able to use their abilites.
    If any warrior tried to DPS with a sword and shield, or tank with a two hander, they'd be laughed out of the raid for performing sub-par and not knowing thier class. That's gimping.

That's the stupidest analogy I;ve ever heard on this board.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    Also, Firebert... the three threads I've seen you post in, all I've seen is you arguing about DW tanking. We get it. Stop derailing threads with it.
    With the exception that checking loot for DW Blood DKs is an acceptable thing to comment on.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    If any warrior tried to DPS with a sword and shield, or tank with a two hander, they'd be laughed out of the raid for performing sub-par and not knowing thier class. That's gimping.
    Not my point. Sacrificing DPS for survivability is the point.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Blood Dks need mastery not doge mastery over parry and doge= non fail dk tanks

doge and parry doesnt matter lol mastery is god for dk tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fireywrath View Post
    doge and parry doesnt matter lol mastery is god for dk tanking.
    Tell that to Riggs getting two/three shot by heroic bosses on the PTR. Lol.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

You will have more survivability and more threat/damage using a 2hander, gaining 2-3% more dodge at the price of everything else you sacrifice to DW tank, talent points included, comes out to precisely dick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not my point. Sacrificing DPS for survivability is the point.
    Ok, to start with, you can't compare warrior tanking and warrior dps like you were doing there.. "sacrificing DPS for survivability.." let's see now, you're sacrificing MASTERY, the BEST stat for DK tanks for DODGE, which is on par with parry, but yet worse than mastery due to both of the stats diminishing in value the further you go with the stats..

Here's a calculation for you from the EJ forums (you know, the forums where the high-end raiders and theorycrafters come up with the best possible ways of doing their shit and pointing out the unviable options aswell?):

Settings in BloodSim are taken from Zarko's excellent thread on tank stats at Tier 11 (World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> What we look like after one tier of raiding) and damage based on wielding 372 weapons.
    - 175,685 health, 32.36% avoidance, 46841 armor, 21 mastery
    - Boss hits every 2.4 seconds for 110k-120k unmitigated damage
    - 100 eight minute fights

Difference in switching from 2H to DW:
    - 7.9% less damage dealt
    - 9.8% less threat
    - 0.1% less damage taken
    - 0.7% less damage absorbed
    - 1.1% more healed
    And those are calculated under the assumption that with DW you have exactly the same stats as you would have with a 2-hander. And as you can see, you're not sacrificing damage for survivability there, you're sacrificing everything just to wield 2 weapons instead of 1.

After reading all that, give me one good reason, just one, why anyone would ever, seriously, consider DW tanking as a viable option in the high-end end-game raiding.
    Last edited by Tekloth; 2011-11-23 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekloth View Post
    Ok, to start with, you can't compare warrior tanking and warrior dps like you were doing there.. "sacrificing DPS for survivability.." let's see now, you're sacrificing MASTERY, the BEST stat for DK tanks for DODGE, which is on par with parry, but yet worse than mastery due to both of the stats diminishing in value the further you go with the stats..

Here's a calculation for you from the EJ forums (you know, the forums where the high-end raiders and theorycrafters come up with the best possible ways of doing their shit and pointing out the unviable options aswell?):

And those are calculated under the assumption that with DW you have exactly the same stats as you would have with a 2-hander. And as you can see, you're not sacrificing damage for survivability there, you're sacrificing everything just to wield 2 weapons instead of 1.

After reading all that, give me one good reason, just one, why anyone would ever, seriously, consider DW tanking as a viable option in the high-end end-game raiding.
    Im not sure if this is just me not good at english, him not good at english or actually correct, but as I read that:
    0.1% less damage taken, mens you take less damage.
    0.7% less damage absorbed, obviously due to mastery.
    1.1% more healed, seems like you heal more this way?

Thats just how it seems like to me though.