Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    Im not sure if this is just me not good at english, him not good at english or actually correct, but as I read that:
    0.1% less damage taken, mens you take less damage.
    0.7% less damage absorbed, obviously due to mastery.
    1.1% more healed, seems like you heal more this way?

Thats just how it seems like to me though.
    That's not a reason, that's saying what he just said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepiegod View Post
    You will have more survivability and more threat/damage using a 2hander, gaining 2-3% more dodge at the price of everything else you sacrifice to DW tank, talent points included, comes out to precisely dick.
    Because changing and comparing weapons is the ONLY thing different. /ohyou

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tekloth View Post
    Ok, to start with, you can't compare warrior tanking and warrior dps like you were doing there.. "sacrificing DPS for survivability.." let's see now, you're sacrificing MASTERY, the BEST stat for DK tanks for DODGE, which is on par with parry, but yet worse than mastery due to both of the stats diminishing in value the further you go with the stats..

Here's a calculation for you from the EJ forums (you know, the forums where the high-end raiders and theorycrafters come up with the best possible ways of doing their shit and pointing out the unviable options aswell?):

And those are calculated under the assumption that with DW you have exactly the same stats as you would have with a 2-hander. And as you can see, you're not sacrificing damage for survivability there, you're sacrificing everything just to wield 2 weapons instead of 1.

After reading all that, give me one good reason, just one, why anyone would ever, seriously, consider DW tanking as a viable option in the high-end end-game raiding.
    See above.
    Old EJ post is Old.
    Possibly improved RP generation and Bloodworm generation (which of course means greater survivability).
    Last edited by Firebert; 2011-11-23 at 11:22 AM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Old EJ post is Old.
    28 June 2011: confirmed still valid for v4.2
    Old, but yet confirmed as valid for 4.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekloth View Post
    Old, but yet confirmed as valid for 4.2.
    In which case, their validity checks don't cover the entirity of their post.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tanking/page13
    Read from post #247 onwards.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    When do we start to discuss Morchok?

Deleted
    Lol thread officially ninjad by dk-tanks :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Very good guide, boss looks a little simple but i guess he's the first boss.

Only problem with the guide is that it doesn't state how many stacks of crush armour tanks should taunt off of, i'd guess around 3-4 although I'm not sure.

Looks single tankable, during the black spreading slime crap you would lose the stacks.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepiegod View Post
    You will have more survivability and more threat/damage using a 2hander, gaining 2-3% more dodge at the price of everything else you sacrifice to DW tank, talent points included, comes out to precisely dick.
    Just to make the silliness continue but with better facts, here is a link to his comparo with gems and reasonable reforges.

Salient points:
    • DW would give 0.92% dodge before diminishing returns, at the cost of:
    • Sulfuras: 78 mastery + 61 parry (including raid-buffed strength-to-parry, 0.35% before DRs) + 9 dodge (0.05% before DRs) + 138stam
    • Skullstealer: 75 mastery + 20 parry (0.11% before DRs) + 97stam

This ignores "non-tank stats" such as haste (which contributes to rune refresh and can mean more DS's) and crit (which only contributes to threat).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    In which case, their validity checks don't cover the entirity of their post.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tanking/page13
    Read from post #247 onwards.
    Better yet, read the last three pages. Firebert, I really hope that after today you're done with posting this Blood DW rubbish until there are some actual changes.

Also, did you see the amount of Haste on that cloth gear? Makes me a happy Shadow Priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Better yet, read the last three pages. Firebert, I really hope that after today you're done with posting this Blood DW rubbish until there are some actual changes.
    I'm not going to go over the head of a mod. It's probably a good idea that you don't either.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

DW is doable, not viable, nor recommended. Even though threat might not be an issue, point-for-point when trying to min/max, you're losing out statistically. Two hander is the better choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caa View Post
    DW is doable, not viable, nor recommended. Even though threat might not be an issue, point-for-point when trying to min/max, you're losing out statistically. Two hander is the better choice.
    Matters not, is offtopic, lets stick to Morchok.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

4 stacks will be fine. The debuff is applied every 6 seconds and last for 20, so right after the 4th stack the other tank will be free from the debuff and will taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    Anyone else think the loot is kinda weird? I mean for 10mans, having the random trink/ring drop would be kinda annoying after a while seeing it replace a normally elegible item since 10mans only have 2 drops, unless they're upping it lol.
    You mean just like how FL had the random anyboss can drop weapons. same basic principle.

Deleted
    Looks simple enough, loot seems nice a 3 red socketed Shadow Cloth Chest o0
    Bet that will be awesome as offset piece, imma grabbing it for offspec.

Deleted
    This does look an easy fight - are these tactics below a reasonable summary of it?

Tank boss with raid behind at max melee range (within 25 yards at least) - heal raid damage (stomps) - tanks take double damage from stomps

Tanks taunt on 3 stacks.

3 players run onto each crystal to minimize damage (there are probably a few optimum players to do this depending on range of crystal from boss etc)

Boss pulls everyone to him - then spreads "black stuff" on the floor which you run away from behind a rock.

Stay at range until boss stomps then tank pick boss up and rinse and repeat.....
    ?

I have a question regarding red crystals: on PTR videos I saw, you could designate the soakers that had to run close to those crystals and take the dmg. However icy-veins guide said that lately on PTR crystal chooses the soakers by connecting them with a beam so only those people have to move to the crystal.

can anyone verify which version went on to live?

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    I have a question regarding red crystals: on PTR videos I saw, you could designate the soakers that had to run close to those crystals and take the dmg. However icy-veins guide said that lately on PTR crystal chooses the soakers by connecting them with a beam so only those people have to move to the crystal.

It's always the closest, and we had no problems with three designated players on the job.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post

They are one and the same. During your raid setup, you say "Okay, warlock, boomkin, and healer, you three run around for crystals." The actual mechanic is whichever 3 closest people will have the beams. As people get closer that may switch. For example, if the crystal spawns on the far side of the boss then both tanks will probably have beams on them for a while until "The Team" runs over to the crystal to soak it.