Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    i noticed the crystals state that they imbue one healer with blah blah

does this mean an arcane mage cannot pick up the blue one?
    Read the posts above you.

im concerned about this button =/ i haven't had it since i installed an addon that was supposed to allow me to move it (like the sound display for atramedes, or the twilight corruption bar on cho'gall), but it made it disappear (and it has been gone ever since) and since it's been gone, i have no idea how to get it back (im thinking a reinstall of the game should do it, but i really really don't want o have to do that.)

Signature by Kenz

go to your keybinds menu, find Extra Action Button 1 and bind it to any key, or create a macro:

/click ExtraActionButton1

no need to reinstall

what im saying is that i would like to know how to make it reappear (if needed) without having to make a macro/keybinding just for it

Signature by Kenz

Deleted
    In heroic version the button will appear as soon as he's starting to cast in a random place on your screen ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    In heroic version the button will appear as soon as he's starting to cast in a random place on your screen ^_^
    Similar to Blizzard giving Heroic Rhyolith 2 left feet.

The original post describes what Ultraxion does, but no strategy. Can someone post a recommended strategy for this fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks like it's turning out to be an AWESOME fight to heal, especially as a shaman ; )

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Twilight Eruption - After 6 minutes have passed, Ultraxion's instability reaches uncontainable levels, erupting outwards as a massive explosion that destroys all nearby foes and Ultraxion himself. If the shields surrounding the Aspects should fall at any point during the encounter, Ultraxion will immediately trigger Twlight Eruption.
    6min enrage.

Most guilds who tried it said they couldnt even last the full 6mins, most wipe at 5mins~ and the boss sitting at 30-40% pretty much like Mr Gate keeper, I hope they don't nerf this and keep this boss for dps check.

25-man 297Mill hp Approx. 6 minutes enrage 2 tanks ??healers ??dps

Quote taken from the Wow forum.

The DPS requirements on this are insane. 297m health with a HARD Enrage (this is key, it cannot be stretched and toyed with like people did on Bael), is not going to happen in 6 minutes.

That's 825k DPS. The current record on Baelroc is 750k DPS, and that number could probably be bumped up to 800k with better execution and a little bit more class stacking. From a glance, those numbers look OK, but they totally aren't.

The top Bael records are set with 20 DPS. Ultrax is going to require 6 healers, and 2 tanks, and from where I sit that looks pretty exact. This will involve 17 DPS. Assuming the tanks each count as half a DPS, and that puts the requirements for 825k on Bael at 40.2k each, which is possible. That requirement on Ultrax is going to be 45.8k.

It's not just that. @ 825k on Bael, the fight ends at 3:20. This gives a bloodlust uptime of over 20%, and lines up so that all the 3 minute cooldowns just barely squeak off a 2nd use, and the 2 minute cooldowns are generally pretty comfortable.

At exactly 6:00, the fight timer could not be worse for total Raid DPS. It lines up perfectly for minimum possible uptime on both the 2 minute and 3 minute cooldowns. Combined with a bloodlust uptime of only 11%.

The final cherry on top is that the fight is going to have significantly higher downtime than Bael ever did.

I would estimate that a full BiS 391 raid (with 5-7 legendaries) of competent people is going to top out at 615-640k on this fight. Even at an Ilvl of 406 you're only going to see about a stat increase of 12-15%. My guildies assure me that this tiers set bonuses are a bajillion miles more powerful than last tiers, so we might be able to throw another 5% DPS on top of that, but we're still not seeing 825k.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but this looks crazy.
    HC is gona be an all nighter

Deleted
    need more fals's in the raids clearly

Sounds like a DPS needs to take the blue buff to make the enrage timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    Sounds like a DPS needs to take the blue buff to make the enrage timer.

Activating the crystal imbues one healer with the essence of life itself
    I wouldn't say so...

The way I see it, heroic mode of this encounter exists to prevent what happened in 4.2 and Ragnaros, where top guilds were cutting 25man raids to 3-4 healers just to meet the DPS requirement. Having a very tightly tuned fight, both DPS and healing-wise, forces guilds to gear up before they can progress. Also, by having buffs for healers increases their significance, up to 6 (or 3 in 10man), making sure that if the fight is correctly tuned, guilds absolutely cannot go with less healers.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was just in an LFR Ultraxion fight. Not exactly the most fun encounter with Ultraxion I've had.

The incompetence of some of the people in said group was staggering. What idiot doesn't know to shift out (Heroic Will) when Ultraxion begins casting Hour of Twilight!!?? I got sick of the idiocy so I pressed Alt-F4 and got out before any more failures occurred.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    I was just in an LFR Ultraxion fight. Not exactly the most fun encounter with Ultraxion I've had.

The incompetence of some of the people in said group was staggering. What idiot doesn't know to shift out (Heroic Will) when Ultraxion begins casting Hour of Twilight!!?? I got sick of the idiocy so I pressed Alt-F4 and got out before any more failures occurred.
    I am guessing Bartender will update to fix this as alot of people use bar addons that block this button, the more advance people make macros if they cba to turn off their addons.

Anyway normal and LFD is stupidly easy. HC is were the class stacking will kick in. I wonder how many guilds ran 2 25man HC runs in 4.2 to get the staff. BL have 11 to play with... this should be a fun run.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm not mistaken, antimagic zone is going to be OP as shit on this fight.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, antimagic zone is going to be OP as shit on this fight.
    Errrrhhh. Why? It only absorbs like, 100K dmg. Even if dps dks can still go into blood presence and get their defensive cd timers lowered to half+duration boosted to double, it'll dissappear just as fast because the max dmg it can take is reached so fast. You should be more worried about a DK tank with 4 set. 20% healing on the raid for 24 out of 30 seconds? Boo-fucking-ya.

Deleted
    Easy and quick strategy guide with screenshots at: http://25man.com/dragon-soul/ultraxion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Errrrhhh. Why? It only absorbs like, 100K dmg. Even if dps dks can still go into blood presence and get their defensive cd timers lowered to half+duration boosted to double, it'll dissappear just as fast because the max dmg it can take is reached so fast. You should be more worried about a DK tank with 4 set. 20% healing on the raid for 24 out of 30 seconds? Boo-fucking-ya.
    Would it not absorb 225,000 damage? As in, 75% of 300k (Hour of Twilight).

Just as an FYI for heroic mode and to give a heads up to the community how you can increase the raid's DPS is to solo tank.

Say Tria, doesn't the tank who goes into the normal realm reset all aggro and becomes unable to generate any aggro for ~8 seconds afterwards?
    You're absolutely right Jimmy, but think about this.

On the PTR I solo tanked him on 10man normal mode by doing the following steps:

1) Oh noes, Fading Light is on me! Don't click super special action button until your debuff is somewhere between killing you, and 1 second. This enables you avoid dying to fading light, yet you come out into the twilight realm just in time to taunt and take ultra's next melee swing.

2) The way taunt mechanics work to set your threat equal to the highest person on the boss' threat bar works wonders here. By taunting him right as you come out in the .5-1 second interval will match your threat to the next highest person on threat; as a warrior I simply intervened that person directly after taunting. The way this works out is such that my threat will match mr. dps' threat, intervene drops 10% of this threat, and the cd on taunt was just enough that I could hit it again before the melee got to 110% or the range to 120% (and thus pulling off me) with the aggro drop debuff faded as well.

Rinse and repeat this and you should be able to solo tank ultra thus letting you bring in another dps instead of a tank (so, half a dps more?). On heroic mode where we're squeezing out everything we possibly can, this may be the solution early on.

Note: The only difficulties I had was sometimes having the hour of twilight coming pretty quickly after the fading light and my super special button being on cd. It seems however, that even by delaying my exit from the twilight realm to the normal realm at the sub 1 second mark had JUST BARELY enough time for my button to cooldown and hit right before having to go norm realm for the hour of twilight (we used a spriest and fire mage to soak instead of me).
    Secondly, warriors are just awesome with a 10% threat reduction, but I can realistically see other tanks doing the same thing except that they would have to use hand of salv right after the tank taunted (and thus, more coordination for bear/dk tanks to call out to their pally buddies), or have the DPS who just got taunted off of, simply stop attacking for 2-3 globals.