Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Madness of Deathwing Strategy, Loot, Discussions

Madness of Deathwing

A warped mass of molten hatred and unfathomable power, this formless, mindless horror cannot be stopped. Whatever was left of Neltharion the Earth-Warder is long gone, his mind and soul corrupted and devoured by his Old God masters. All this monstrous being desires is destruction, annihilation, and the end of all things.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Stage One: The Final Assault
    Deathwing assaults his enemies as long as he is attached to the platforms by his twisted limbs.

• Assault Aspect - Deathwing begins to search for his next enemy to assault. Deathwing will assault the platform with the largest number of players present on it that one of his limbs is still grasping onto.
    • Cataclysm - Deathwing attempts to finish the job he started by bringing forth a second Cataclysm, inflicting 1500000 Fire damage to all enemies.
    • Elementium Meteor - Deathwing creates an Elementium Bolt, sending it to the target platform.

• Elementium Blast - If the Elementium Bolt reaches its destination, the bolt inflicts 468000 Fire damage to all players and an additional 468000 Fire damage every 5.2 sec until players destroy the Elementium Bolt. The initial damage decreases the further the player stands from the targeted location
    • Corrupting Parasite - A Corrupting Parasite inflicts increasing Shadow damage periodically. When Corrupting Parasite's duration ends, the parasite detaches from the player and causes a Parasitic Backlash. This inflicts 250000 Fire damage to players within 10 yards of the host.
      • Corrupting Parasite - After the Corrupting Parasite's duration ends, the parasite detaches from the host.
        • Unstable Corruption - The Corrupting Parasite casts Unstable Corruption, inflicting 10% of the Corrupted Parasite's health as Fire damage to all players.
    • Hemorrhage - Deathwing's tentacle begins to Hemorrhage, causing several Regenerative Blood to spawn at a nearby location.

• Regenerative Blood - The Regenerative Blood of Deathwing forms. Regenerative Blood's gain ten energy every 1 sec. Regenerative Blood's attacks additionally cause Degenerative Bite.
        • Regnerative - The Regenerative Blood will heal to full health when reaching max energy.
        • Degenerative Bite - Attacks cause Degenerative Bite which inflicts 2400 Shadow damage every 1 sec for 10 sec. This effect.
    • Limb Tentacle
      Deathwing is grasping onto each platform with one of his Limbs, holding him up.

• Burning Blood - The Burning Blood gushes from the Tentacle, inflicting Fire damage every 2 sec. The damage is increased the lower health the Limb Tentacle is.
      • Blistering Tentacle - At 75%, 50%, and 25% remaining health the Limb Tentacle sprouts several Blistering Tentacles that are immune to Area of Effect abilities.
        • Blistering Heat - The Blistering Heat inflicts 3750 Fire damage every 2 sec, and increases its damage by 5% for 3 sec. This effect stacks.
      • Agonizing Pain - The pain from severing Deathwing's limb interrupts his concentration, stunning him and inflicting 20% of his health in damage.
    • Mutated Corruption
      A Mutated Corruption appears shortly after assaulting a platform.

• Crush - The crushing weight of the Mutated Corruption inflicts 130000 Physical damage to enemies in a cone in front of the Corruption.
      • Impale - The Mutated Corruption impales it's target, inflicting 1200000 Physical damage to the target.

Stage Two: The Last Stand
    At 20% remaining health, Deathwing falls forward onto the platform.

• Congealing Blood - Deathwing begins to Hemorrhage, creating several Regenerative Blood at a nearby location. The Blood then moves towards Deathwing.
      • Congealing Blood - If a Congealing Blood reaches Deathwing, it heals him for 1% of his maximum health.
    • Elementium Fragment - Pieces of Deathwing's armor chip off, forming three Elementium Fragments nearby. In 25 player raids, eight Elementium Fragments form.
      • Shrapnel - The Fragment fires a piece of Shrapnel at a random player, inflicting 400000 unresistable Physical damage.
    • Elementium Terror - Pieces of Deathwing's armor chip off, forming two Elementium Terrors nearby.
      • Tetanus - The Elementium Terror's melee attacks cause Tetanus, inflicting 96000 Physical damage and an additional 36000 Physical damage every 1 sec. The effect stacks.
    • Corrupted Blood - Corrupted Blood gushes from Deathwing, inflicting Fire damage every 2 sec. The damage increases as Deathwing's health lowers. At 15%, 10%, and 5% remaining health, Deathwing hemorrages. This increases the damage dealt by Corrupted Blood.

Aspects
    The great aspects assist in the fight against Deathwing. Each aspect will channel Expose Weakness on their respective Limb Tentacle when Deathwing begins to cast Cataclysm, increasing the damage done to the Tentacle by 100%. Additionally each aspect will begin to channel Concentration after it's respective tentacle is destroyed, preventing them from assisting the players with their presence and their special powers. When Phase two begins all of the aspects will resume assisting the champions.

• Alexstrasza
      • Alexstrasza's Presence - The Presence of the great aspect Alexstrasza increases max health by 20%.
      • Cauterize - Alexstrasza begins to Cauterize the Blistering Tentacles, inflicting lethal damage over 5 sec. Cauterize also reduces the damage inflicted by Corrupted Blood. In Heroic Difficulty Alexstraza Cauterizes the Corrupting Parasite, inflicting 3% Fire damage every .5 sec.
    • Nozdormu
      • Nozdormu's Presence - The Presence of the aspect Nozdormu increases Haste by 20%.
      • Time Zone - Nozdormu forms a Time Zone at the target location, causing the Elementium Meteor to lapse in time, decreasing its travel speed dramatically when entering the Time Zone. Additionally any enemy creatures within the Time Zone have their attack speed decreased by 50%. In Heroic Difficulty the Time Zone slows the effects of Corrupting Parasite.
    • Ysera
      • Ysera's Presence - The Presence of the great aspect Ysera increases healing done by 20%.
      • Dreaming - The Presence of the great aspect Ysera allows players to enter the Dream, decreasing damage taken by 50% for 2.5 sec.
    • Kalecgos
      • Kalecgos' Presence - The Presence of the great aspect Kalecgos increases damage dealt by 20%.
      • Spell-Weaving - The Presence of the great aspect Kalecgos causes attacks and abilities to cause Spellweaving. Spellweaving inflicts 20000 Arcane damage to enemies within 6 yards, excluding the target.
    • Thrall
      • Carrying Winds - The Carrying Winds will take players to the adjacent platform. The Carrying Winds increase your move speed by 60% for 10 sec. This effect stacks.

Loot Table
    LevelTypeSpecSlotNameInstanceBoss
    85CraftingReagentReagentEssence of DestructionDragon SoulAll LFR Bosses
    390AxePhysical DPSOne-HandNo'Kaled, the Elements of DeathDragon SoulLFR Madness of Deathwing
    390BowPhysical DPSRangedVishanka, Jaws of the EarthDragon SoulLFR Madness of Deathwing
    390DaggerSpell DPSMain HandRathrak, the Poisonous MindDragon SoulLFR Madness of Deathwing
    390DaggerPhysical DPSOne-HandBlade of the UnmakerDragon SoulLFR Madness of Deathwing
    390MaceSpell DPSMain HandMaw of the DragonlordDragon SoulLFR Madness of Deathwing
    390PolearmPhysical DPSTwo-HandKiril, Fury of BeastsDragon SoulLFR Madness of Deathwing
    390StaffSpell DPSTwo-HandTi'tahk, the Steps of TimeDragon SoulLFR Madness of Deathwing
    390SwordMeleeTwo-HandGurthalak, Voice of the DeepsDragon SoulLFR Madness of Deathwing
    390SwordMeleeOne-HandSouldrinkerDragon SoulLFR Madness of Deathwing
    85MountMountMountReins of the Blazing DrakeDragon SoulMadness of Deathwing
    403AxePhysical DPSOne-HandNo'Kaled, the Elements of DeathDragon SoulMadness of Deathwing
    403BowPhysical DPSRangedVishanka, Jaws of the EarthDragon SoulMadness of Deathwing
    403DaggerSpell DPSMain HandRathrak, the Poisonous MindDragon SoulMadness of Deathwing
    403DaggerPhysical DPSOne-HandBlade of the UnmakerDragon SoulMadness of Deathwing
    403MaceSpell DPSMain HandMaw of the DragonlordDragon SoulMadness of Deathwing
    403PolearmPhysical DPSTwo-HandKiril, Fury of BeastsDragon SoulMadness of Deathwing
    403StaffSpell DPSTwo-HandTi'tahk, the Steps of TimeDragon SoulMadness of Deathwing
    403SwordMeleeTwo-HandGurthalak, Voice of the DeepsDragon SoulMadness of Deathwing
    403SwordMeleeOne-HandSouldrinkerDragon SoulMadness of Deathwing
    85MountMountMountLife-Binder's HandmaidenDragon SoulHeroic Madness of Deathwing
    416AxePhysical DPSOne-HandNo'Kaled, the Elements of DeathDragon SoulHeroic Madness of Deathwing
    416BowPhysical DPSRangedVishanka, Jaws of the EarthDragon SoulHeroic Madness of Deathwing
    416DaggerSpell DPSMain HandRathrak, the Poisonous MindDragon SoulHeroic Madness of Deathwing
    416DaggerPhysical DPSOne-HandBlade of the UnmakerDragon SoulHeroic Madness of Deathwing
    416MaceSpell DPSMain HandMaw of the DragonlordDragon SoulHeroic Madness of Deathwing
    416PolearmPhysical DPSTwo-HandKiril, Fury of BeastsDragon SoulHeroic Madness of Deathwing
    416StaffSpell DPSTwo-HandTi'tahk, the Steps of TimeDragon SoulHeroic Madness of Deathwing
    416SwordMeleeTwo-HandGurthalak, Voice of the DeepsDragon SoulHeroic Madness of Deathwing
    416SwordMeleeOne-HandSouldrinkerDragon SoulHeroic Madness of Deathwing
    Achievements
    CategoryDescriptionPts
    Cataclysm RaidChromatic Champion
    Destroy Deathwing in Dragon Soul on Normal or Heroic Difficulty after beginning the encounter on each Aspect's platform:
    Cataclysm RaidFall of Deathwing
    Defeat the encounters leading up to the Fall of Deathwing in the Dragon Soul raid.
    Cataclysm RaidDestroyer's End
    Defeat Deathwing on Normal or Heroic Difficulty in the Dragon Soul raid.
    Cataclysm RaidHeroic: Spine of Deathwing
    Emerge victorious from the Spine of Deathwing in Dragon Soul on Heroic Difficulty.
    Last edited by chaud; 2011-11-29 at 02:27 PM.

WEWTSAWZE FIRST! Can't wait. I haven't been on the ptr yet, but MoD doesn't look too difficult.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2011-11-22 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    WEWTSAWZE FIRST!
    Lololol when will you people learn no one gives two craps about being first? :3

On-Topic: EXTREMELY disappointing after the most craptastic expansion that had a total runtime of about 18 months (Expecting MoP to be out around May-July). Honestly I thought they'd put a lot of time into the last boss, but eh. I guess not At least the other bosses do look interesting and fun :P

PS: Why is Nozdormu the only NON "Great" aspect? All the others are "Great" aspects, but he isn't
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2011-11-22 at 06:26 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

ook that end part with thrall and the aspects was really badass

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

On-Topic: EXTREMELY disappointing after the most craptastic expansion that had a total runtime of about 18 months (Expecting MoP to be out around May-July). Honestly I thought they'd put a lot of time into the last boss, but eh. I guess not At least the other bosses do look interesting and fun :P
    My god, gtfo.

The fight looks absolutely epic.

10+ Year Old Account

PS: Why is Nozdormu the only NON "Great" aspect? All the others are "Great" aspects, but he isn't
    It is normal mode. Normal modes aren't supposed to be hard. Not to mention it's still being tweaked.

He is? Did you even watch the video?

From my own experiences looking at the video above. That was LFR mode. Largely a walkover if your raidgroup is remotely competent.
    Normal will be challenging and heroic will be a monstrous monster of all monsters

I tried this on the PTR using the FailFinder and it was quite fun. But the mechanics don't seem that complex compared to - for example - Ragnaros, considering this is the last boss of the expansion. But yeah it probably seemed simple because it was the LFR and it was the PTR. Cool encounter, though.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Holy balls, The final 'Thrall FIREIN MEH LAZORS' is blood awesome Looking forward to this fight

Deleted
    Disappointed they put a simple tank and spank fight as the final boss. Once you work out/read-on-forums the best kill order, what else is there to do, other than heal up some damage and use raid cooldowns correctly? There is no situational awareness or adaptation required at all. It goes completely against Blizzard's tradition of making endbosses dense multi-phase encounters.

I'm extremely disappointed with the look of the encounter, I really hope there is a lot more to do come release.

When I read the blue post preview about how you'll be fighting an arm on one platform, then jump and fight a tentacle on another platform, etc. I expected there to be mechanics that warranted you fighting and moving about as individual teams to various platforms at various times based on mechanics. This is quite unfortunately done like this:
    1. Kill Deathwing
    2. Kill tentacle
    3. Kill Deathwing
    4. Move Platforms
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 (4 times total)
    6. Move to Head
    7. Kill Head
    8. Kill Adds
    9. Kill Head
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    1. Kill Deathwing
    2. Kill tentacle
    3. Kill Deathwing
    4. Move Platforms
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 (4 times total)
    6. Move to Head
    7. Kill Head
    8. Kill Adds
    9. Kill Head
    you forgot kill bolt and kill little tentacles on the last platform singletargetly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    I'm extremely disappointed with the look of the encounter, I really hope there is a lot more to do come release.
    Having tested it on the PTR I can safely say that you wont be disappointed when you actually play it. It's just one of those fights that isn't super impressive to watch. Though it is technically a seperate encounter, consider that the spine of Deathwing IS part of the final battle with Deathwing.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    What's great about Madness (I have the Destroyer's End title on PTR) is the fact that it can be done tons of different ways. Picking your own poison for which aspects get taken out (and the infinite number of possibilities there are for handling the heroic version) not to mention the fact that BOTH Deathwing encounters are very unique, they are just awesome feeling fights.

I enjoyed Firelands despite its short length and wonky tuning, and the very jarring nerf, but I haven't been "pumped" for a raid zone in quite a while, and this one, due to its unorthodox design, has succeeded at doing that. I can't wait to get into the heroics.

No tank loot from the last boss?

<Victory Call> of Trollbane EU - 1/8H 25M

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caronwyn View Post
    No tank loot from the last boss?
    Souldrinker is the tank loot. If you're a warrior or pally that is. Personally I love it when blizzard puts in weapons that have effects like that. Back in Wrath I loved my mace from heroic Prof simply because of that constant buff it applied. I miss the good ole days of the defense stat. =\
    Last edited by Celerun; 2011-11-22 at 01:02 PM.

Souldrinker could and probly is considered for tanking. The given it has no real secondary stats and depending on the proc rate it seems pretty nice.

The one hand sword (with life drain and healing) is the tank loot for me, for shield wearing tanks.