Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Encounter might be hard, but complexitiy of encounter is rather dissapointing, especially for the main villan of hte expansion. Yes, it's 2-encounter boss, but that's all that's really "special" about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever since agility stopped giving dodge and armor to plate wearers, it's really the only option that I can see without sacrificing some kind of survival. Couple that with (if you're a pally tank) with the Seal of Insight seal, the no-CD Word of Glory [woot!], and you've got some pretty monster self-healing going on.

@Rizak777 btw.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 07:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fleshcrawl View Post
    Encounter might be hard, but complexitiy of encounter is rather dissapointing, especially for the main villan of hte expansion. Yes, it's 2-encounter boss, but that's all that's really "special" about it.
    Well rag wasn't really difficult either. :P He had some pretty derpy mechanics.
    Last edited by Celerun; 2011-11-22 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's that song at the end? Great video of the encounter also!
    "Ok, fuck it, I lied. It's drum and bass."

Deleted
    Anyone else think the titles should be switched around?

Savior of Azeroth for normal, Destroyer's End for heroic.

there is anything extra for heroic mode? like the legs phase on rag or the extra boss in BoT?

yes, Deathwing submerges into the maelstrom at 10% and then reemerges moments later with legs, gaining health back to 50%... but seriously, there is a Corrupting Parasite with a number of abilities on heroic that you have to deal with all throughout phase 1 and in phase 2 there are Regenerative Bloods that crawl to Deathwing and restore 1% of his HP when they reach him

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    I'm extremely disappointed with the look of the encounter, I really hope there is a lot more to do come release.

When I read the blue post preview about how you'll be fighting an arm on one platform, then jump and fight a tentacle on another platform, etc. I expected there to be mechanics that warranted you fighting and moving about as individual teams to various platforms at various times based on mechanics. This is quite unfortunately done like this:
    1. Kill Deathwing
    2. Kill tentacle
    3. Kill Deathwing
    4. Move Platforms
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 (4 times total)
    6. Move to Head
    7. Kill Head
    8. Kill Adds
    9. Kill Head
    Seems rather,. boring. Might just be me, but I was kind of expecting something more "badass" from deathwing.
    I suppose it's not easy to really make it super epic, but we've been anticipating something for so long and for it to be so awesome, that anything they put up could only be considered "meh".
    Regardless of how cool it actually is or not.

It might look better from a different perspective - half the movie we didnt see much more than a claw...

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG the one handed Axe with Frost and Fire(and Shadow>_<) is gonna be SO sexy on my Enhancement Shaman
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

I have done the fight a number of times on normal on the PTR, and I can tell you that currently there is nothing interesting about this fight. I am not talking about the tuning of the fight, that can be tweaked a little more before live, but the mechanics in general are just not interesting. Stay spread out, DPS tentacle, kill Elementium bolt, finish off tentacle, kill Arm. Do that four times then you get to phase 2 where you kill adds and then get on boss.

I am certain it will strain healing and dps once it goes live, but the mechanics are just lacking. There are no real mechanics you have to run out of, dodge, etc. Ragnaros at least had magma traps, smash, engulfing flames, blazing heat, and meteors. And that was just on normal. I just hope they blizz adds a few mechanics to this fight like they did with shannox before 4.2 hit, because it just feels really disappointing for the last boss of the xpac at the moment and the patch will be released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Having tested it on the PTR I can safely say that you wont be disappointed when you actually play it.
    I promise you. Doing the exact same thing looping for 10+ min is not interesting... Doing the same thing for 10+min every week until the end of the expansion? Incoming burnout worse than ICC ever cause in a much faster time. I'm sorry, and end boss (let alone this being Deathwing) without phases is the most disappointing thing Blizzard could have ever done for me, a 7 year raider. There hasn't been one tier boss that has been this simple... ever. Clearly Blizzards desire to cater to casual raiders (LFG raids) has resulted in the most uninteresting end tier boss to date.

I've tried to be patient in the hopes that "it's the PTR, they'll make it better"... But it really looks like Blizzard is going to go ahead and release this instance unfinished and unpolished...

Looks like a cool fight. Was expecting more though honestly, l like fighting on his back as he is flying across Azeroth? Wasn't that mention by blues somewhere? Meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celerun View Post
    Ever since agility stopped giving dodge and armor to plate wearers, it's really the only option that I can see without sacrificing some kind of survival. Couple that with (if you're a pally tank) with the Seal of Insight seal, the no-CD Word of Glory [woot!], and you've got some pretty monster self-healing going on.

@Rizak777 btw.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 07:12 AM ----------

Well rag wasn't really difficult either. :P He had some pretty derpy mechanics.

not difficult? 500 wipes or more it toke paragon for world first...that i call difficult

Deleted
    Hemorrhages, Blisters, Tetanus - this fight is any doctor's dream.

Deleted
    Honestly?

Looks like they've spent months designing the aesthetics and location of the fight.

Looks like they spent a couple of hours designing the mechanics.

I *really* want to see how this translates to heroic, as this is actually quite depressing.

Doesn't he have a human form? Or am I wrong? I would've personally tried to incorporate that into this fight somehow, or the fight before it. To make it feel like you're actually fighting HIM, not tentacles. Not have the entire fight in Human form, but use that as a transition or something.

Deleted
    I have tried it last night and it is both boring and challenging but with 10 wipes it is doable with 1 tank 3 healers and rest dps. For what it was Yogg, Lich King and Raga so far it is the most boring of all. I have to see the HC version ofc but with all others seen on normal as well DW is then most fail of all.
    I do wished that we have seen his human form and some more of him because even now you dont have the impression of the size of DW when you are focused on some stupid legs and tenticles. You just loose the whole epicness of the boss as a whole and after several wipes you completely forget that you have just ripped 4 armor plates off his back. After a whole raid night you sit back and make a run back of all the bosses you can have a big and more complete picture and it make sense but inside the instance you Blizz just lost me with the lore and the story.

I feel sorry for the NOT epic end of this expand and will look with hope for MoP if all the things work well may be more ppl will stay and play.

Deleted
    My guild killed him on ptr normal mode. While it might 'look' nice, in general I wasn't blown away by its complexity. Seems more a dps fight and some fairly basic mechs. I thought dw looked a bit meh from our stand point in the last part he looks beast normally. The end where you are dpsing him... 'IN DAH FACE' was odd. He looked good but i guess from his size they were 'limited' in what they could do on a screen or some other lame reason like that.

Im guessing heroic mode will just involve insane dps/healing but hopefully something else will happen or woth.. rather than just more hp on boss and more dmg dealt.

Where is the healing gear !!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    Where is the healing gear !!!!!!!
    Look at Maw of the Dragonlord (mace). The post has it classed as Spell DPS, but it procs from Healing.

Wow, this fight looks incredibly underwhelming.

Trying to think of how they could make Deathwing the most epic dragon fight ever, instead of all the things they could have done, they decided to for "he goes into tentacle mode and bleeds on you" -_- Basically the entire fight is beating on a guy that is already beaten and it in it's design (not saying it's easy, just referring to how the "story" of the fight pans out) lacks a sense of threat or climax. Really, where is the entire feeling of being in over your heads that you had when someone like ragnaros popped up?

Like most other parts of this expansion, I am sorely disappointed that this was the best they could come up with, especially considering how the biggest dragon fight of the game so far....is not a dragon fight! ><