Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Though there is something new. They added a resource bar to healing classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    i cant seem to find an answer for this, but trooper healing seems a little weak at low lvl.. do we get hammer shot as a self heal later on? Really annoying that we cant use it to self heal.
    I played mercenary bodyguard during thanksgivings beta and I was joking that I should be allowed to put my gun into my mouth to use my basic healing ability too :P

Thanks for feedback everyone! I made some quick fixes to the errors you guys have pointed out. Thanks for the help!

Deleted
    Awesome post man thanks for sharing.

Just one thing - Energy and Heat do not function in the same way. Heat is a bit trickier, in that the higher your heat level gets, the longer it takes to dissipate.

You want to keep heat low, but energy high.

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    I played mercenary bodyguard during thanksgivings beta and I was joking that I should be allowed to put my gun into my mouth to use my basic healing ability too :P
    I don't see why not. I played an Agent Operative and they get to stab themselves in the leg with a healing dart, the animation is pretty hysterical. Self mutilation should also be allowed for Bounty Hunters ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vervacious View Post
    Just one thing - Energy and Heat do not function in the same way. Heat is a bit trickier, in that the higher your heat level gets, the longer it takes to dissipate.

You want to keep heat low, but energy high.
    They're the same, except heat is generated in reverse, as the first post states. Think of Operatives/Smugglers of having 100 energy to start with, the more you use the slower it regenerates. Think of Bounty Hunters as starting with 100 "non-heat (like 100 energy)", and the more heat they get, the longer it takes to go away, or their "non-heat (energy)" to return.

Great guide this is going to be very helpful in picking my main alt. It would be amazing if someone could do one of these on tanking, does anyone know of the existence of one?

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 05:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Though there is something new. They added a resource bar to healing classes.
    Resource Bar?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    lol yeah that would look silly.. but making the whole gun glow as if being charged while giving a self heal surely wouldnt be that hard to do. Its actually annoying having to waste a bomb, or hard cast something to keep me topped up.

Good post, I five-star'd it.

One thing though, for the Operative healer, you might want to change Diagnostic Scan - it can only be talented to restore energy *on a crit*.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    I was seriously hurting for an aoe heal.
    So you never made it to the low 20s where Kolto Bomb can be specced into.

Since commando ammo regen rates change pending on how much ammo you currently have (more ammo faster regen rate). When i was healing tanks on boss fights i learned that you could essentially throw 2 hammer shots, followed by 1 medical probe forever and still be at full ammo. By the times the 2 hammer shots are used including GCD it gives your ammo recharge rate which is .62 ammo/sec at that amount of ammo enough time to refill the ammo used on medical probe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrun View Post
    So you never made it to the low 20s where Kolto Bomb can be specced into.
    except kolto bomb is weak.. heals like 220 hp at level 26 but it does it gives 10% increased healing but even with that commando healing doesnt compare to other healers at the same level imo.

Great write up on the healers as they stood in the beta. This aspect of the game will be getting ongoing tweaking most likely.

There were VERY few healers in the beta and I foresee this game having a heal shortage rather than a tank shortage on release which will be a change.

Has anyone actually played a smuggler? Are guild smugglers are having issues justifing a raid spot over a combat medic. Sure there single target healing is nice and they have slightly better regen but not really noticeable. It just seems combat medics will single target heal just as good, on the move, and have sustainable ae heals. There hots are meh at best, they definately won't be hot spamming the raid like druids in wow, that's for sure.

The smuggler hot is what, 3kish heal over 18 sec? Not going to top anyone off before another ae without spamming single target heals and falling below the optimum regen threshold. They don't bring anything additional to the raid other than stealth and 2 cc options. Maybe giving them a buff or debuff on heals would make them more desireable but right now, they aren't.

Maybe they aren't done with smugglers yet, who knows. Thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dredlox View Post
    Has anyone actually played a smuggler? Are guild smugglers are having issues justifing a raid spot over a combat medic. Sure there single target healing is nice and they have slightly better regen but not really noticeable. It just seems combat medics will single target heal just as good, on the move, and have sustainable ae heals. There hots are meh at best, they definately won't be hot spamming the raid like druids in wow, that's for sure.

The smuggler hot is what, 3kish heal over 18 sec? Not going to top anyone off before another ae without spamming single target heals and falling below the optimum regen threshold. They don't bring anything additional to the raid other than stealth and 2 cc options. Maybe giving them a buff or debuff on heals would make them more desireable but right now, they aren't.

Maybe they aren't done with smugglers yet, who knows. Thoughts?
    Anyone who can follow up on this?

Btw, love the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by dredlox View Post

Except that if you spread your hot you will get free instant heals. This is probably the role you will fill in bigger raids.

I really dont see where you get that combat medics can heal on the move. All their heals are cast based except for a long cd spell. They also have no free heals making their resource harder to manage.

Operatives/smugglers don't have any fancy toys like absorptive shields or reactive heals, but they are the best raid healers by far. Your HoT combo (single target + aoe hot) is a great way to keep everyone topped off, and your single target HoT generates stacks of TA. TA lets you use your cheap heal, or even better, your free instant cast heal. As long as you maintain your hots and stim boost, you'll never go oom and you can keep an entire raid alive forever.

The other two healers are comparatively better tank healers, since they have more toys like armor boosting talents and the shields. If I was designing a raid comp (or 8 players), I'd want one operative and one sorceror or BH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekr View Post
    Operatives/smugglers don't have any fancy toys like absorptive shields or reactive heals, but they are the best raid healers by far. Your HoT combo (single target + aoe hot) is a great way to keep everyone topped off, and your single target HoT generates stacks of TA. TA lets you use your cheap heal, or even better, your free instant cast heal. As long as you maintain your hots and stim boost, you'll never go oom and you can keep an entire raid alive forever.

The other two healers are comparatively better tank healers, since they have more toys like armor boosting talents and the shields. If I was designing a raid comp (or 8 players), I'd want one operative and one sorceror or BH.
    Remember BH dont have a combat rez too, only OPerative and sorc that have that

Quote Originally Posted by stokbaek View Post
    Remember BH dont have a combat rez too, only OPerative and sorc that have that
    You only need one in the raid though since you can only combat ress someone every 5 minutes in combat (like wow's 1 ress / try).