Thread: Client size?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Client size?

Anyone know how big the beta client is? Being in Aus I've only got limited usage per month, so before I go and download the client and get capped (even though it resets on the 25th so really not that big of a deal), I wanna know how big it is.

I think the beta is a little over 20g. Maybe, ive never really payed attention just downloaded it

Deleted
    im downloading beta now, 20.5gig

Deleted
    When do you know the download is done?

i have about 19.6 GB on my HDD and when i start the launcher there is some kind of message with a exclamation mark but it disapears after 1 sec. can't read it so fast. after that there is no installing and no dowload and the play button is not clickable.

i guess thats it? have the client and just wait till they allow my account to login?

The latest build is 20 GB. I live in aus as well and my download speed was 320kb/s.

why im not invited? I got a code activated? no new email, no links nothing? when is the beta starting?

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlisS View Post
    why im not invited? I got a code activated? no new email, no links nothing? when is the beta starting?
    check http://www.swtor.com/tester
    I didn't get a mail either, but I can already download the game from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlisS View Post
    beta started a long time ago... perhaps you have been invited to the stress test weekend 25-28th nov. try using your brain please. (Try not flaming please. - Buckwald) (Can't help it, but when someone doesn't contribute to a thread, and posts stupid comments with little information to help... it's instinct! Sorry!!! - Jalfrezi)

yeah last build was 20gb, one before that was the same afaik.

total download is around 24gb. my SWTOR folder is 36gb, but i didn't uninstall lastest build, and just patched over, dont think it will make much difference though.so its fair to say, if you are downloading 24gb. also, ive been getting steady rates of 600-700kb/s on 8mb connection. my mate who is also in beta, was getting 1.5mb/s on his 50mb line...
    Last edited by Jalfrezi; 2011-11-21 at 12:26 PM.

To be perfectly clear: The emails SHOULD be sent out early this week. Last beta weekend a lot of people (myself included) got the emails AFTER the link to RSVP was active on the swtor.com website. People are downloading it NOW because 1) we're all excited 2) Some people have very slow download rates and by downloading early can avoid losing play time during the beta weekend.

It is roughly 20 gb. If you do not have at least 20gb of disc space free, I would HIGHLY recommend fixing that BEFORE downloading or you will get an error at the end and have to do it again. (according to a friend who had this problem last week)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellery View Post
    To be perfectly clear: The emails SHOULD be sent out early this week. Last beta weekend a lot of people (myself included) got the emails AFTER the link to RSVP was active on the swtor.com website. People are downloading it NOW because 1) we're all excited 2) Some people have very slow download rates and by downloading early can avoid losing play time during the beta weekend.

It is roughly 20 gb. If you do not have at least 20gb of disc space free, I would HIGHLY recommend fixing that BEFORE downloading or you will get an error at the end and have to do it again. (according to a friend who had this problem last week)

Yep this is true! Heard a lot of upset people who downloaded, only to find on installation there's not enough space. AND the patcher/downloader starts from scratch, it does not recognise you have already spent many hours downloading already.

Deleted
    So my logfile says that the patch is complete. File is located in swtorfolder/logs
    On my HDD its size is 19.4GB(20.877.411.209 Bytes)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alver View Post
    When do you know the download is done?

i have about 19.6 GB on my HDD and when i start the launcher there is some kind of message with a exclamation mark but it disapears after 1 sec. can't read it so fast. after that there is no installing and no dowload and the play button is not clickable.

i guess thats it? have the client and just wait till they allow my account to login?
    some people have been reporting a bug where they can't click the play button / its greyed out.

So my logfile says that the patch is complete. File is located in swtorfolder/logs
    On my HDD its size is 19.4GB(20.877.411.209 Bytes)
    Seems you didn't have enough space... as i said above, my SWTOR folder is about 36gb. you might wanna uninstall some crap on your computer.

You can try freeing up some more space, and clicking to load up SWTOR, and see if the patcher kicks in to finish off any files... but you might have to start from scratch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    some people have been reporting a bug where they can't click the play button / its greyed out.

Seems you didn't have enough space... as i said above, my SWTOR folder is about 36gb. you might wanna uninstall some crap on your computer.

You can try freeing up some more space, and clicking to load up SWTOR, and see if the patcher kicks in to finish off any files... but you might have to start from scratch.
    hm i hav 139gb free space on this partition.

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 01:46 PM ----------

and this is from my logfile.

201111211345 INFO Patch completed normally
    201111211345 INFO Patching end
    201111211345 INFO Patch-Only state reached. User must exit.

10+ Year Old Account
    hm i hav 139gb free space on this partition.

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 01:46 PM ----------

and this is from my logfile.

201111211345 INFO Patch completed normally
    201111211345 INFO Patching end
    201111211345 INFO Patch-Only state reached. User must exit.

Well... what access did you get? is it weekend testing or full beta access? if it only weekend stress test, your account wont be active until 25th.

Deleted
    yep it is stress test only. i know i can't log in.
    i am just a bit confused about roughly 20gb and thought it would be around 30gb.
    i hope we will not be forced to load the last 10-15 gb when it is friday...

15+ Year Old Account
    Final installed size of the client for me is:

18.5GB
    156 files
    12 folders

in ...\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic

10+ Year Old Account
    yep it is stress test only. i know i can't log in.
    i am just a bit confused about roughly 20gb and thought it would be around 30gb.
    i hope we will not be forced to load the last 10-15 gb when it is friday...
    well since there is plenty of time untill the weekend... i would retry the download mate. make sure you get rid of it all, and have PLENTY of HDD space.

The only reason mine is 36gb, is i didnt uninstall the last build. not sure how much difference that would have take up though.

Last weekend, I did a big download, thought I was done, and then when I opened the launcher again, it patched more on. Might want to check that just in case.

I just patched & had a folder that was 36 GB as well. I heard from some sources that they are recommending completely uninstalling and reinstalling if you have the 11/11/11 client already (though you don't HAVE to). I will have the size of that later when I finish downloading (again >>). I would expect in the 20 GB range. If it's slightly under, I wouldn't be too worried. I'd just relaunch just in case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Final installed size of the client for me is:

18.5GB
    156 files
    12 folders

in ...\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic
    156 files, 12 folders. that is correct for my installation too. but i have 19.4gb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellery View Post
    Last weekend, I did a big download, thought I was done, and then when I opened the launcher again, it patched more on. Might want to check that just in case.

I just patched & had a folder that was 36 GB as well. I heard from some sources that they are recommending completely uninstalling and reinstalling if you have the 11/11/11 client already (though you don't HAVE to). I will have the size of that later when I finish downloading (again >>). I would expect in the 20 GB range. If it's slightly under, I wouldn't be too worried. I'd just relaunch just in case.

See, my mate who uninstalled and redownloaded has had trouble getting back onto his main, and just locks at 50% loading. Where as I didn't and have no issues. Maybe just coincidence...