Is the game install transportable ?

Hi,

I'm at work on my laptop and wanted to know if, like World of Warcraft, I could download the game here and just move the game folders to my gaming machine at home and be set ? Or should I just wait and download it at home ?

Thanks

Hahaha Guys, this is for Star Wars. I was asking if it worked like World of Warcraft where you could move your install folder to other machines and it would just work.

Deleted
    I would imagine yes pretty much any game that doesn't require a disk would work but if I'm not mistaken TOR will be using origin while origin is a horrible piece of software (hated it on BF3) it does allow you to download the same game to multiple computers you just need to log origin to use it

Deleted
    Tested renaming the folder , ran , it works I can log and play perfectly .

Now going to get another pc , to quickly copy it there to test if it works .

It runs normally , got a strange error when loggin in the first time , but I think it's because I forgot to logout the other pc.
    Last edited by mmocda69302ff9; 2011-11-22 at 10:07 AM.

Yes, it worked for me during the last beta weekend I could in fact even run the game from a portable hard drive connected to different machines.

Great ! Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by ssambakd View Post
    Yes, it worked for me during the last beta weekend I could in fact even run the game from a portable hard drive connected to different machines.
    USB3? E-SATA? I can only imagine the voiceover conversations would take quite awhile to load? Any info on this would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by masterkiller View Post
    USB3? E-SATA? I can only imagine the voiceover conversations would take quite awhile to load? Any info on this would be appreciated!
    Everything is the same when it's just memory. 20gigs of voiceovers would take the same amount of time to transfer as 20gigs of jpeg pictures.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I meant the actual ingame load times. I'm running two SSD's in RAID1, my load times were pretty instant but others with 7.2k HDD's said it took several seconds of load time. You can see some of this discussion on drive performance here: http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread...nd-performance

I'm curious how it is performing from external drives. Drive read time and the transport protocol they use are going to make a big difference for voice over interactions.