Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    What is the faction balance like on that server? Do you find the higher population problematic? I've resubbed after only playing at launch want to know if it would be better to go with a more medium population server instead of wolfsbane.
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Wolfsbane becomes closed to transfers soon. We've gotten a LOT of influx lately and the result is the Ember Isle invasion bosses keep despawning due to lag. Also, it would seem that EI is not on its own server, so I see complaints in the 1-29 chat whenever an EI invasion occurs. Apparently they lag the whole server. It seems to be a situation unique to us. We've been the only server that's had emergency restarts and from what I've read on the forums people on other servers don't have the lag issues we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Only 4 classes able to fill all roles also limits the amount of alts player create- which decreases lower level zone density and lengthens dungeon queue times.
    Perhaps a bigger issue is the alternate advancement system (PA). It means it takes a LONG time to max out a character, which greatly disincentivizes alts.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Perhaps a bigger issue is the alternate advancement system (PA). It means it takes a LONG time to max out a character, which greatly disincentivizes alts.
    Yea. Trion insist we aren't suppose to max out PAs. That PAs are a side activity we eventually fill by course but players tend to be obsessive about those things. Eh, what can you do.

Rift is just not big on sub-L49 content. All the meaningful content and developer focus is L50+.

Yea. Trion insist we aren't suppose to max out PAs. That PAs are a side activity we eventually fill by course but players tend to be obsessive about those things. Eh, what can you do.
    My issue with PA is I can't reach tier 2 and get all the lures/additional planar charges. I ended up splitting the difference; one character is proceeding to tier 2 and another has all 9 planar charges open. I'm not really sure what the better path is other than at sourcewells when I only have 4 planar charges to use it sucks royally.

That and being unable to respec and/or set up different ones based on role. I went deep into fire on my warrior before making her more of a tank, so now I wish I'd gone earth. :\

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait am I reading this right? There's a limit to PA levels you can gain? O_o

Also, Three Springs shard has had some significant lag during some of the zone events, and a few times the boss would despawn. >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Wait am I reading this right? There's a limit to PA levels you can gain? O_o

Also, Three Springs shard has had some significant lag during some of the zone events, and a few times the boss would despawn. >_<

No limit's but you can't go into the 2nd tier until you finish the first tier. I've been min maxing spell power and stat points so mine is all over the place, PA again is supposed to be "extra perks" so eventually we'll be where we need to be.

I went 9 charges the fist thing and I'm well on my way in to tier 2, the bonus XP flasks and onslaught does wonders. The respc option would make most of it null and void so I can see why they don't allow it, only 2 out of the 6 are really worth it, with another 2 being ok ish so you would only ever need to max 2 of them and then respec.

They perhaps should allow a single respec per 6 months or so just in case you want to switch main role you focus on.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize this PA is similar to what "Path of the Titans" was supposed to be before Blizzard scrapped it right?

Deleted
    I think with the free transfer its waaaaay smoother now. and waaaaay smoother than wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    My issue with PA is I can't reach tier 2 and get all the lures/additional planar charges. I ended up splitting the difference; one character is proceeding to tier 2 and another has all 9 planar charges open. I'm not really sure what the better path is other than at sourcewells when I only have 4 planar charges to use it sucks royally.

That and being unable to respec and/or set up different ones based on role. I went deep into fire on my warrior before making her more of a tank, so now I wish I'd gone earth. :\
    It suppose to take a long time. In 2-3 years they expect you to have them maxed. Not 6-8 months.

It suppose to take a long time. In 2-3 years they expect you to have them maxed. Not 6-8 months.
    I'm not talking about maxed. It's like Alyssa just said, "I went 9 charges the fist thing and I'm well on my way in to tier 2", there's no way I am able to do that. I'm barely into the first tier on my character who has all 9 charges, so tier 2 is so far off in the distance it's not even funny. Even my character who's put all her PA points into one path isn't even close to breaching tier 2 and she has the downside of no additional charges.

That's why I said there's just no way you can do both unless you exclusively play one character, which I do not. I don't dislike the PA system, I like character progression past max level of any kind, but it's definitely not alt friendly especially since you don't generate any rested experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    You do realize this PA is similar to what "Path of the Titans" was supposed to be before Blizzard scrapped it right?
    Yes, I do. And given Blizzard's design philosophy, I am not at all surprised it was scrapped. Otherwise, they'd have had top progression guilds farming PotT points 24/7 just to get ahead.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Yes, I do. And given Blizzard's design philosophy, I am not at all surprised it was scrapped. Otherwise, they'd have had top progression guilds farming PotT points 24/7 just to get ahead.
    Not to mention that it doesn't fit with their 'sell a new x-pack every 18 month' model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless who farms what, it's things to do beyond max level other then sitting in a main city waiting for a que to pop. Just read the main wow forums here it's full of constant bored players. I don't think blizz should of been so quick to drop it imo.

Regardless who farms what, it's things to do beyond max level other then sitting in a main city waiting for a que to pop. Just read the main wow forums here it's full of constant bored players. I don't think blizz should of been so quick to drop it imo.
    Using the same model as PA wouldn't work in WoW though, or it would work until the first x-pack but fail after that due to how badly Blizzard is managing the stats / gear inflation.

How do you play with that screen? Man, that would drive me nuts to have all of that clutter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    How do you play with that screen? Man, that would drive me nuts to have all of that clutter.
    Haha i don't raid with all those quest's up but yeah i typically heal need my raid frames right there. That was just an outdoor event. Works ok for me.