*SPOILERS* Outlaw's Den: Free-for-all PvP area

Outlaw's Den

Just incase no one's heard of it yet, some information has been released on the fan summit/darth hater sight that can be found here: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...en-impressions and a video here by TGN/SWToR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AygrmUf79aQ

Keep in mind that this is still in development, and is really cool for "old school" MMO players that enjoyed vanilla WoW world pvp, or just world pvp for any game in general. It's basically everybody vs. everybody all out action with no rules that takes place in Tatooine. I know this is certainly what I'm looking forward to the most! (Keep in mind this is only one zone, rumor has it that there is at least one other planet that will have free-for-all as well.. Hoth maybe?)

- OD (Outlaw's Den) is NOT a sanctuary. Be careful when checking mail :P
    - The only people you cannot attack are people in your own group. Yes, this means you can attack people from your own faction.
    - There are rare vendors that are kill-able, and don't respawn on a particular schedule.
    - Outlaw's Den contains rare resources for crew skills.
    - There is a commerce area with a personal bank and Galactic Trade Network (AH)
    - The area is well marked, so players will definitely know when they walk into the zone.
    - The visuals are obviously very Tatooine, with a very foreboding feel.
    - Map was designed with arenas and pits.
    - The community dictates what happens in this area.

Can't. Wait. Gonna make for some great PvP vids :P
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-22 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    I'm certainly very interested with it.

Imperial Agent sniper set up at a choke point could cause untold misery.

Old news. Use the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Old news. Use the search function.
    *Uses search option*

*sees one post... my post*

10+ Year Old Account
    Will there be alcohol flowing freely @ this "din" ? What about some good food? Hehe JK

I'm looking forward to open PvP!

I expect my guild will party there regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Outlaw's Din

Just incase no one's heard of it yet...

*SNIP*

Can't. Wait. Gonna make for some great PvP vids :P
    This should be fun when I am in the mood for some ganking. I do hope leaving the area is as easy as entering though. And that rezzing takes you to a spot where you will not be easily taken down over and over and over and over.. ad nauseam.
    I'm still thinking about it...

It's not an open zone but a sectioned off area?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Anyone know if Mos Eisley Spaceport is in this area? Seems only fitting since that place is pretty much a free for all in the movies.

And OP: It's Outlaws Den, not Outlaws Din

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    It's not an open zone but a sectioned off area?
    The area has a bottleneck entrance and there's a clear warning when you enter it, so yes, it is sectioned off. I've also read that it is not an open wide area, but has a lot of little hidey spots in it. Exactly as you'd expect to find in such a seedy place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    *Uses search option*

*sees one post... my post*
    actually I made a thread on it last friday when the NDA broke. search Outlaw's den.

Deleted
    Outlaw's Den contains rare resources for crew skills.

This is a strong point who will make ppl wanna pvp for something. Atleast interesting enough for me to join pvp now and then in this place. This is what wow is lacking, no reward for going out in the world pvping (and dont u come effing talk about hp for kills in the wow world, its not enough)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimgarde View Post
    Anyone know if Mos Eisley Spaceport is in this area? Seems only fitting since that place is pretty much a free for all in the movies.

Mos Eisley doesn't exist yet in this era. Ancorhead is where it's at during the old republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgarde View Post

Considering this is like 3000 years before the movies...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by RatFanatic View Post
    I honestly didn't see this one coming. I never would have thought they would add a free-for-all PvP area. It seems cool. I'm sure I'll try it out.

Expect massive amounts of QQ in this area. lol
    Haha, the QQ will be the best part of this place i think, Im not even a big PVP fan but i cant wait to try out the Den...sounds like it will be one of the most fun and frustrating places in the game. I think it will be great LOL

I'm not sure what I think about this. It seems like it could just be one huge clusterf***. However, since it's FFA, Empire severely outnumbering Republic won't matter as much, so maybe that's a good thing.

Deleted
    Sounds like a wretched hive of scum and villainy.