Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Looked like Command & Conquer
    THis. Isn't BioWare owned by EA? Westwood, the studio that originally made the C&C series, was bought by EA a while back and has been cut out completely. EA made the past few C&C games in house. They may be sending the game to BioWare so see what they could do with it since the past few have been kinda garbage. After pausing the video and looking closely those tanks look similar to the ones that were in C&C Generals. If you didn't play it Generals and its expansion was one of the best C&C games made. This makes me a little excited.

At :13 you can see the tanks. They resemble the American tank and the vehicles they are attacking look like the GLA Technicals.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    THis. Isn't BioWare owned by EA? Westwood, the studio that originally made the C&C series, was bought by EA a while back and has been cut out completely. EA made the past few C&C games in house. They may be sending the game to BioWare so see what they could do with it since the past few have been kinda garbage. After pausing the video and looking closely those tanks look similar to the ones that were in C&C Generals. If you didn't play it Generals and its expansion was one of the best C&C games made. This makes me a little excited.
    When Westwood was closed down, C&C went downhill big time. Hopefully, if it is C&C, Bioware can bring it back to its former glory.

Modern Bio-warfare set in fictional country Mo-ney Mak-er (you know it's French sounding)

Maybe they're taking a stab at RTS, or MOBA
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously after all that shit that BioWare spew out over the course of last few years, I can't care less about their new game.

I used to love BioWare, I really did, but now they're dead to me.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

If the guys at bioware, are making this game because they want to make it and its there idea AND there given the required amount of time to do so, itll probably be very good and i cant wait.

But if there just been told to make it and are been rushed to get it out in time then it will be DA2 all over again.

Anyway i cant wait for more info and i just hope there given enough time to make the game and its released when its finished not when they reach a deadline

Deleted
    oh god, not another shooter with a brown overtint like every fps in the past few years

Oh for fuck sakes you guys. How about we give Bioware a little faith huh? They have provided us with great games in the past that we have all loved and spent countless hours on.

Wait for their announcement and see what the game is before you judge a 3 second clip from a CGI trailer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Strategy game? Me not like. But let's see if it will have some unique elements to it.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post

At :13 you can see the tanks. They resemble the American tank and the vehicles they are attacking look like the GLA Technicals.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully they can push out a great RTS, but even so I doubt I will play it whereas if it was a traditional Bioware game I would buy it the first day it was out. It would have to be something tremendously special for it to usurp Starcraft/Starcraft2 from my go to RTS spot, which I rarely go to anyways since I am pretty much over RTS games in general.

I remember Victory Games saying the next C&C announcement would be end of this year, it could still happen if it doesn't get delayed. Maybe it could be this game? If so its probably Generals 2 or a brand new universe, but either way I can't wait to finally see the new C&C

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    I used to love BioWare, I really did, but now they're dead to me.
    Black Isle was the tops. Period. Bioware's 'legacy of storytelling' starts and ends with them. Even the new games are a pale imitation, imo.

But that being said, even if Bioware games disappoint me in different ways, they're still way ahead of the competition when it comes to these sorts of things.

I'm no great fan of FPS or RTS or 'modern warfare', but I'm eagerly awaiting more info to see WTF IS THIS ?

Its like a new Blizzard game, even if I don't like anything I see about it, I'm sure it will still be a fun ride.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The 'new studio' bit sends up about 50 red flags in my mind. That means the same people who've been making all the other good Bioware games probably won't be working on this one. It could be bad or it could be good, it's a new team of people and the only thing it would be sharing is the Bioware name... so... yeah.
    This is my thoughts as well. I highly suspect EA's hand in this.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buh buh buh buh... there are no tanks in Mass Effect...
    His name is Robert Paulsen.

Deleted
    Propably has something to do with some high-end physics engine.

Afterall, that's pop in the gaming industry nowdays.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm skeptical. I remember when the ME3 teaser pick was supposed to be a new IP. I like Bioware's scifi more than their fantasy, hopefully this is a scifi game.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushtrim View Post
    Oh for fuck sakes you guys. How about we give Bioware a little faith huh? They have provided us with great games in the past that we have all loved and spent countless hours on.

Wait for their announcement and see what the game is before you judge a 3 second clip from a CGI trailer.
    Bioware stopped making "great games" after Baulders Gate 2 (maybe Neverwinter Nights). After that, they just started churning out the exact same thing in a different wrapper. To each their own though. Have fun playing "Mass Effect - The same game you've already played twice".
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post
    Bioware stopped making "great games" after Baulders Gate 2 (maybe Neverwinter Nights). After that, they just started churning out the exact same thing in a different wrapper. To each their own though. Have fun playing "Mass Effect - The same game you've already played twice".
    To each his own. KOTOR is still definitely among my top picks for games. If anything, ME is a KOTOR successor. BG2 was a KOTOR grandpa.

As I noted above though, I do want to see what they can do with other genres or types of games as the DnD rules handed down from BG are getting stale even for me.