Fae Yule event today 12/22/2011

Source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/11...e-world-event/

It's that time of year again, it would seem. A time for mirth, merriment, and fending off an evil dragon to ensure that it isn't able to enslave an entire race of magical creatures. Well, that's what's going on in Telara, anyway, thanks to RIFT's Fae Yule celebration. The event, which started today, will span six weeks and will feature "fancy holiday hats, new quests, a grumpy mead-guzzling satyr, and other festive items."

But of course, this is Telara, so the festivities simply wouldn't be complete if Crucia, the evil dragon of air, didn't decide to make an appearance. She's already tired of the Fae's newfound freedom and wants to wrest them back into servitude. It's up to players to make sure she does not succeed. And to top it off, Trion is presenting players with experience, favor, prestige, plaque, and planarite bonuses this weekend only. So what are you waiting for, Telarans? Get a move on.

Deleted
    Yes, 6 weeks, then I might get that mount for special snowflakes.
    Don't like my spidermount =)
    Haven't noticed more xp bonus today though, except for more rifts out in the world

I don't think it's started on NA shards yet. At least I've seen no sign of it anywhere.

Suprised at no trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    Suprised at no trailer.
    I am sure there will be one. The big key word there is 6 weeks, so that puts 1.7 on Dec 28th or 1st week of January.

I would have thought it'd start the Wed after Thanksgiving and go a week into January if they're doing 6 weeks. I believe the 12th Day of Christmas is January 6th. :P

Edit: Well, it just started on my shard.
    Last edited by Lane; 2011-11-22 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Nice event an im enjoying it =D
    Off topic. Why does it always say that someone is banned and put a like through their name and they continue to post? I dont get it, youre not banned are you pure?

Got my yule vaiyuu. :P Can't believe I didn't get server first for that. People are nuts!

I don't think that it's too hard to get the snowflakes for that. I only did about 6 rifts last night with the dailys and got about 300 snowflakes. I imagine if you spent 2-3 hours just doing air rifts you could have more then enough. In fact when I logged on last night. Someone got like 5 shard 1st's on buying the essences and the sparkly thing. (forget the name of it atm..) Thats all well over 1000 flakes as it is.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Well, I didn't drop everything to go farm rifts as soon as the event started. I guess other people did. :P

I'm so close to finishing Ember Isle, sitting at 66/70 quests for the achievement. I wanted to try and get that done first, but at this point I'm just running around the island aimlessly looking for !s. I do love that snowflakes drop from everything though, means I can still get them while doing all the Onslaught dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    In fact when I logged on last night. Someone got like 5 shard 1st's on buying the essences and the sparkly thing. (forget the name of it atm..) Thats all well over 1000 flakes as it is.
    Haha we're on the same shard those shard firsts we're by one of my guildies and he didn't get all those shard firsts by getting that many snowflakes, he actually got enough for the most expensive one and bought each one and sold them back and got a refund of snowflakes and continued to purchase them all to get the shard firsts. >.<

Consider it a clever method of in game mechanics.

Oh man! Yeah I saw he was from your guild. Nice way to do that. Wish I had thought of it.

And I didn't drop everything and do them either Lane. lol. I just hopped on and saw there was a new event, and did some. I do like that you get the snowflakes from all rifts. But I think you only get the random drops from Air ones. But I really don't know that for sure. I just know that a few people from my guild got the snowmen and giant candy canes from the air ones.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Haha we're on the same shard those shard firsts we're by one of my guildies and he didn't get all those shard firsts by getting that many snowflakes, he actually got enough for the most expensive one and bought each one and sold them back and got a refund of snowflakes and continued to purchase them all to get the shard firsts. >.<

Consider it a clever method of in game mechanics.
    I think what he meant was he couldn't believe people were so into the game to do something like this... so you sort of made his point.